Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Looks like a skinny version of the Reign?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've been following since I caught glimpse of the prototype - looking forward to this bike as this may be in the running to replace my beloved 2008 Trance X1. The production color schemes don't do much for me, but something about Giants always looks better in person than the factory photos so I'll reserve judgement. Liking the spec overall though (especially full xt on the X0), wondering what the pricing will be. Thinking about 4k for the X0 msrp? Curious too what they'll weigh in at. Frame seems pretty light so mid 26 lbs. range might not be unrealistic for the X0 I would think...

Never really considered a 29er 'till I rented an Anthem X 29er. Now I'm really looking forward to getting on this bike to test it out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    X0 looks nice. I think an X2 and throw away the Fork and wheels will be my affordable choice. Just hope they don't have some ridiculous mushy shock tune like they used on the 26" 2011 Trance x. Otherwise I'll be throwing that out as well.

TRANCER
    I see they heard my idea on here and kept the bent top tube looks amazing. My 2009 Trance X Is gona be leaving my side soon i see
    Ride

No good in rock gardens..
    Not a fan of that crazy looking seat tube and the angle on it. Like the paint jobs they have chosen though - not doubt they will be typical Giant bang for a buck.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    anyone gonna be trading their 29er Anthem for one of these? I haven't ridden the Anthem yet but I was very interested in one before I saw this. The Trance 29er seems like a better fit (at least on paper) for me but I wonder if anybody is willing to jump the Anthem ship onto the Trance?
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was looking at the anthem 29er until I saw this. I have an 09 anthem x1 26er with a 120mm fork on it at the momnt...was gonna get the 29er anthem and through a 120mm fork on that, but now will likely get the trance, but its a tough call. Have ridden the 29er anthem before, so looking forward to the test ride on this.

banjo plunker, wrench
    major dislikes:

no availability of 142 spacing on rear swingarm...not because it needs to be stiffer, but because some people have invested in these wheelsets!

needed to have a 34mm Fox fork on at least one of the models!

IMHO...of course, but I will not be investing one this year.
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anyone else think the seat tube angle looks silly slack? Going to be a nightmare to setup for someone with long legs and a shorter reach.

wnymba-imba ~VP
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Floor Tom View Post
    Anyone else think the seat tube angle looks silly slack? Going to be a nightmare to setup for someone with long legs and a shorter reach.
    Interesting point...I personally have a problem keeping weight over the front and had to size down with longer stem on my 29'ers...I wonder how the feel is on this bike...I would love to try one as I used to have a Trance...
    www.wnymba.org
    Building trails and keeping them open...

Niner Air9C

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm quite intrested in one of these too. I work at a Trek and Giant dealer and am really struggling with my choice of trail/super d bike. This with a 34 might work ok but it just looks so silly in the pictures!
    It also looks a bit like it has an angle set in back to front in the big picture at the top of the page. Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me though.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I am if I sell my Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by homey View Post
    anyone gonna be trading their 29er Anthem for one of these? I haven't ridden the Anthem yet but I was very interested in one before I saw this. The Trance 29er seems like a better fit (at least on paper) for me but I wonder if anybody is willing to jump the Anthem ship onto the Trance?
    Yeah I think so
    IF I decide to sell my Anthem and just ride a 29er as my all around trail/all mtn bike, I'll go for the TranceX 29.
    My Anthem is fun, but All the info points to the TranceX being a much better fit for more aggressive trail riding and actually a more playful bike in the twisties and corners (compact rear triangle, slaker head angle).

I think the seat tube looks kinda cool actually, and there looks to be a good amount of seat post drop which is good for slammin that thing when necessary!

I want to see more pictures of the "single spar". I think other "DWish" designs use a single spar? Just wondering how stiff the overall package will be.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    i rode the anthem 29er foe the first time this week and I was really impressed with the overall package. The biggest problem I had with it was the super long wheelbase. It was really cumbersome around tight switchbacks. That being said, it was really stable pointed down. I'm hoping the shorter wheelbase on the new Trance will be what I'm looking for but either way I really liked the Anthem. Still, I think I'm personally gonna have to ride the 29er Trance before I buy anything.
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Anyone know when pricing will be released?

carbon classic
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    Anyone know when pricing will be released?
    Giant Australia have anounced through their Facebbok page that 2013 models are due for their official release mid August 2012 and will be updated on the Australian website soon after.

Not sure if this release date is also applicable to other parts of the world.

Space Ghost
    My LBS owner is up in Vail Colorado today riding it at some demo event. He told me they will give availability info there. I already sold my Jet9 to pick one up. Hope it meets expectations.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member
    I don't know, as far as the seat tube goes, I think you have to be careful not to be mislead by the angle. Regardless of the slackness doesn't it really come down to the position of the seat in relation to the wheels and/or the bottom bracket, and as far as that goes, it's not much different than the Anthem.

mtbr member
    I have a 2011 Trance X2... one of the things I love about my bike is its versatility... I can pedal all day and climb anything.... But it really shines when I wanna throw a whip over a roller, hit a good drop, lean in berms, hop a huge log, and see how high I can rise off a kicker... Dont know that a 29r is capable of that versatility..

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    I have a 2011 Trance X2... one of the things I love about my bike is its versatility... I can pedal all day and climb anything.... But it really shines when I wanna throw a whip over a roller, hit a good drop, lean in berms, hop a huge log, and see how high I can rise off a kicker... Dont know that a 29r is capable of that versatility..
    Yeah, I know what you mean...this bike is like a huge blockbuster movie starring all the big names...some huge expectations...I hope it can live up to it!

mtbr member
    Giant Australia have something up their sleeve with the TX29 colourways. Black with blue writing in the top right hand corner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29 official intro-290914_353058948106480_1968671035_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    More photo's of 2013 models (I think spanish line-up) can be found on Flickr. Due to have lower then 10 post, i cannot post links. Just go to Flickr an search with the tag "Giant 2013". You will find a photostream of "Bicicletes Nadal".

XTC Comp 29er in diffrent specs/colors
    XTC Advanced (SL) 29er in diffrent specs/colors
    Trance X 29er in diffrent specs/colors (als de dark blue one)
    Anthem X 29er in diffrent specs/colors
    Anthem X Advanced 29er in diffrent specs/colors

mtbr member
    May 2011

Clydesdale Warrior
    Interesting, "Trance X 29er 00":
    All sizes | GIANT 2013 SEGOVIA 038 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Rock Shox front & rear, and fully Sram drivetrain? Has the new TRX wheels too. But displayed seperate from the 0, 1 & 2 we have already seen...what is up with this one?

sh0rty :P

mtbr member
    I got to ride one today and I have to say I was very impressed. I've been riding longer travel 29ers for the last year and a half and have owned the Turner Sultan and Yeti SB95 and ridden the Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc quite a bit and have one good ride on the Scott Genius 900 so I feel like I have a good feel for some of the better long travel 29ers out there.

The Giant just plain rips. It's the most maneuverable of the bikes I've ridden. Super easy to throw around, also easily the most plush. There were a couple times when I came in very hot into some pretty good stutter bumps and it soaked up everything with no hint of stiffening under braking. It pedaled very well up hill too. Really for the money it's just plain incredible and even taking the value out of the equation it holds it own with any bike I've ridden. I love it and would happily trade my current bike for it.

I should be able to get pictures tomorrow.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast