Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks Ollie I am shopping for pads now hope for same results

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymx410 View Post
    Thanks Ollie I am shopping for pads now hope for same results
    Here's the direct link: Serfas Avid Elixir Disc Brake Pads > Components > Brakes > Brake Pads | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Some claim they wear faster than OEM, but all claim (including myself) that they are much better pads. For the price if you do end of needing 2 pairs/season, still well worth it.

FYI, These are for all Avid Elixir brakes... for Trance or Anthem X with Avid...

ce1
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Anybody trying to get rid of their fizik gobi saddle here? Pm me for prices

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ce1 View Post
    I sold mine on eBay.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    I have one from a 2012 Anthem and one from a 2013 Trance

ce1
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie_G View Post
    I have one from a 2012 Anthem and one from a 2013 Trance
    Bent mine last week if you are willing to sell it PM for price...

mtbr member
    Bent mine last week if you are willing to sell it PM for price...
    I have a new Fizik Vitesse Tri Carbon for sale on eBay if you're interested.

Fizik Vitesse Tri Cabon Women's Saddle New | eBay

If you're interested and it doesn't sell then make me an offer.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Hi all,

Got rid of my RIP 9 frame and forks a while back, didn't really get on with it and used the bits that came off it to build a rigid AIR 9. Having done that I am missing having an FS.

Been looking at the Trance X1 over the past week and it does appeal to me, price is good for the frame forks and shock but the stock components don't flick my switch. They can all be changed at my leisure.

Just took a good while to skim through all the pages of this thread and to be honest cant really find any faults being bought up.

A few question i have if someone would be so kind to answer them?

How easy is it to route the cables through the internal routing? Are there internal guides/tubes? My old klein Attitude was a nightmare!

Whats the dropper post like compared to others? is it worth keeping initially or getting rid while it's new and go for a Reverb or the likes?

I read here that the wheels are tubeless ready and should come with valves, Does the X1 come with these or just the higher specced ones?

I'm sure I will have more questions but cheers in advance

mtbr member
    My Trance X 29er 0 has been great, only initial complaint was internal cable rattle, but I'm used to it now. The bike is very quiet and has no chain slap, so the cable noise stood out a bit at first. Don't believe there are any internal giudes for the cables, but the shop ran them all internal, so I cant say for sure.

It's my first dropper post and has been great, but can't comment on the performance of others.

My X0 is tubeless ready and came with valves, I just got my stans sealant yesterday and am going to convert here shortly. The XT group is very nice and the XO has the upgraded wheelset which retail for close to $1k on Giants website, so the difference between the the X1 and X0 are the XT group and the wheelset.

XT brakes are superb, much better than the Avid I have on my 2012 AX29-1

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Hi all,

Got rid of my RIP 9 frame and forks a while back, didn't really get on with it and used the bits that came off it to build a rigid AIR 9. Having done that I am missing having an FS.

Been looking at the Trance X1 over the past week and it does appeal to me, price is good for the frame forks and shock but the stock components don't flick my switch. They can all be changed at my leisure.
    Bang for the buck, the Trance X1 is hands down the best bike of the Trance line.
    Just took a good while to skim through all the pages of this thread and to be honest cant really find any faults being bought up.
    The cables can rattle when internally routed, there are ways to fix this.

How easy is it to route the cables through the internal routing? Are there internal guides/tubes? My old klein Attitude was a nightmare!
    The cables all come internally routed, with the exception of the rear brake and the dropper post. There aren't any internal guides to help. The dropper is a piece of cake, the brake is much harder. If you buy the bike, PM me and I'll give you some tips.
    Whats the dropper post like compared to others? is it worth keeping initially or getting rid while it's new and go for a Reverb or the likes?
    Hang on to the Giant Contact post. It has infinite adjustment, isn't that heavy and tends to work really well.
    I read here that the wheels are tubeless ready and should come with valves, Does the X1 come with these or just the higher specced ones?
    The X1 doesn't come with anything to convert the wheels to tubeless. The X0 does. They are more difficult than other wheels to set up tubeless but they do work well once done.
    Hope this helps!
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Spot on, thanks for the reply.

Also, thanks for the offer of the tips on routing the cables. I have had plenty of visits to my LBS to look at the bike, tried it on for size on a Turbo Trainer but before I buy I just need to ride up and down the street on it set up for me, just to get the real feel for size.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I bought frame only:-) I removed shock to put on scale, and now I have a little problem - in which order are spacer at bottom mount of Fox shock (two wider black, and two smaller silver - which are in middle)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What is the length of the derailleur cage?
    -Don "LordDRIFT" Draper.

mtbr member
    Hi all,

What did you not like about the Rip9?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My small X2 came in at 28.5lbs. No pedals, all stock with the exception of tubeless conversion using Stans kit. I plan to put some Stans wheels on in a few months. That'll shave at least 1lb in the most important place...rotational mass.

mtbr member
    I have a med X2 on the way, super stoked. Went with it over the Anthem because of the slacker ht, and 2x10 setup, aaaand color. :P

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Anybody found a good bashguard option? I have the X1 with the SRAM cranks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    Anybody found a good bashguard option? I have the X1 with the SRAM cranks.
    Bump for Rancid I also have an x1 and am looking for this option.

DFMBA.org
    Hi all,

I'll weigh in as much as I can contribute...

1) Routing cables..no clue

2) Dropper is a nice addition, but I never field tested mine as I removed it and sold it almost immediately. I replaced it with an Easton ea70 and made about $100 net. I wouldn't get rid of it in lieu of another dropper, unless you're overly compelled.

3) Tubeless: Higher spec'd X0 comes with WheelSystem wheels (TRX, I believe). That said, the X1 wheels (P-XC2) aren't bad at all, and the hubs are quiet. I set mine up tubeless with the stock NN tires no problem. I double-wrapped the wheels in 1" wide Gorilla Tape and used Stan's valves, homebrew sealant and they're holding air wonderfully. They even beaded up and held air with just soapy water on the beads, nothing else. It was a better experience then setting up my Stan's Arch wheels on my other bike, believe it or not.
    Last edited by MTBeing; 01-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

DFMBA.org

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by akaBrowntown View Post
    I have a med X2 on the way, super stoked. Went with it over the Anthem because of the slacker ht, and 2x10 setup, aaaand color. :P
    Congrats man! Once you get the suspension dialed in, you'll love the travel and the way it eats up rough terrain. I came from a Shimano 3x9 so the learning curve to Sram 2x10 was pretty big and I'm still learning. Overall, Giant hit a grand slam with this bike and you'll probably agree once you get it out on the trails.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Yeah, im taking a happy leap of faith as I wasnt able to rent the 29er. Hoping it comes in tomorrow so I can spend the afternoon riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Got my my x2 yesterday and promptly took it out. Wow. I thought all the inspires confidence and fast talk was BS. I'm joining the herd and echoing those sentiments. Had a bad crash on my trance x 26er year before last that left my nerves out of sorts. I cleaned new features yesterday I never attempted after my crash. So yes, it does inspire confidence.

It is fast as well. Really fast, Ive been carrying more speed through some places and am being shocked by how much speed I need to scrub off in a hurry. I ordered Xt brakes that had not yet arrived and really marveled at how the tech had progressed from my 09 stroker trails. The entry level shimanos had me second guessing my XT purchase, but as soon as finger fatigue and cramps creeped up, I understood why they where entry level. When I got home the XTs had arrived , I spent all night trying to route the lines through the frame.. that **** is harder than **** (and i had to do it in reverse.

I got a XL for my 6'3" stature and the bike felt great; laid back even. Less steep and sketchy than my 26er x , but stand-over specs are a joke when placed next to said 26er - I digress. I was stretched out , but it felt good and the bike climbed well, the tires don't grip so well when leaned but maybe break-in is required. I felt like I was in the attack position but soon my lower back started to ache. Ill see if I get used to it and then consider shortening the stem if not.

The bike did not climb as well as my 26er but it still cleaned the climbs , a switch in technique is definitely needed. I cant wait to take it back out on the xts!!!

Awesome bike.
    -Don "LordDRIFT" Draper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Managed to get a Trance 2 off ebay for a good deal all still boxed and never used 29lb stock only changed the seat to my 2010 Specialized Gel for comfort.

Will resist temptation to mess with it as its my winter/training bike and the extra weight will force me to get fitter

mtbr member
    Just picked it up! [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Take a few of those spacers off if you can. It'll handle better on steep climbs.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast