Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rothnic View Post
    Yeah, I'll have to check it out then. If it is still the 350 rebranded in the rear, the star ratchet upgrade looks to be worth doing. Also might relace some of the generic chinese carbon rims onto the hubs if they are decent enough.
    The catalog says; for the X1 Hubs, (F) Giant Tracker Sealed/CNC w/15mm Axle.
    (R) Giant Tracker Performance, 32H
    DT Swiss Competition Spokes 14/15G

X2 ------ (F) Same as X1
    (R) Formula Sealed Bearing, 32H

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Z4good View Post
    The catalog says; for the X1 Hubs, (F) Giant Tracker Sealed/CNC w/15mm Axle.
    (R) Giant Tracker Performance, 32H
    DT Swiss Competition Spokes 14/15G

X2 ------ (F) Same as X1
    (R) Formula Sealed Bearing, 32H
    Yeah, saw that but can't come up with much about the Giant Tracker Performance hubs. Seems like multiple rebranded hubs are called that name based on the bike and year. It does seem to imply the X2 has a Formula rear hub. Not sure about the X1.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    To people who changed handlebar. I was riding X2 in M, which was slightly to short, and L - more than slightly to long. Did you notice any differences after change handlebar for something different? Shorter or longer reach? Any information needed, please.

May contain nuts
    Go for a wider bar, if your trails aren't too tight...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rafalwspin View Post
    To people who changed handlebar. I was riding X2 in M, which was slightly to short, and L - more than slightly to long. Did you notice any differences after change handlebar for something different? Shorter or longer reach? Any information needed, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Go for a wider bar, if your trails aren't too tight...
    I think he is talking about the stem. I haven't seen the length specified anywhere for the stem lengths for each size, or the handlebar width.

Edit: Found in thread

Small = 70mm
    Medium = 90mm
    Large = 100mm

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I can't change parts during testing. Medium was a little too small. But in medium if I change bar for narrower, I have to change stem for longer. I can't change seatpost for inline for example Reverb. If I change in Large bar for narrower, stem shorter and seatpost inline, will it be still good handling? I'm 5'11''

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rafalwspin View Post
    I can't change parts during testing. Medium was a little too small. But in medium if I change bar for narrower, I have to change stem for longer. I can't change seatpost for inline for example Reverb. If I change in Large bar for narrower, stem shorter and seatpost inline, will it be still good handling? I'm 5'11''
    I've always seen advice to not change from one seatpost type to another on a frame that is designed for either or. It'll effectively change the geometry in small ways, but impact the feel in potentially larger ways. If you have the parts available, there is no harm in trying it, but i wouldn't purchase it without trying first.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    At 5'11'' you should have chosed the Large maybe with a smaller stem, but a large would have fit you way better. Go get good fit on your bike it will help a lot. I'm not saying that out of nowhere I work in a giant retailer and it is really rare that someone gets out of our shop with Medium at 5 '11'' unless the custumer really wants it and he knows the bike is to small for him.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm 5'11", and after testing both sizes, picked the large. The medium might have worked OK for me, but the large just felt more right. I have the X0, and can't say enough great things about it - it rips!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Could someone measure stack and reach for medium and large Trance, please.
    How to measure (remember - in midlle top of head tube):
    Reach A-B, stack C-D
    ttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ekU6bUMsi6SpamwemO3rjNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=d irectlink
    Please add h at the front link
    Last edited by rafalwspin; 11-25-2012 at 09:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I feel your fitting pain. I'm more around 5'10", maybe slightly over. Either you get a large and use the extent of the adjust-ability on the low end, or a medium and use the upper end. My last bike was a large enduro sl, but experienced trouble in more technical trail getting my weight behind the seat. Both because I couldn't lower it enough and the longer reach. I do have shorter legs, around 30" inseam.

I'm going with a medium this time around. I'm sure there will be times I'll feel a little cramped, but I think I'll also feel more comfortable in technical downhill and switchbacks.

Looking back through the thread it looks like it is half and half on which size our height goes with.
    Last edited by rothnic; 11-25-2012 at 12:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    With the new front derailleurs being mounted to the frame directly, is there a way to get the traditional clamp style ones to fit? I have an X0 front that I'd like to swap out and replace the x7 on the trance 1.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wow awesome thread great info on the TX29!! havnt made it through half of it yet but have to share my great news! i rode mtn bikes in the late 80's early 90's then got away from riding. just got back on a bike 3 or 4yrs ago. currently on a Med 07 iron horse MKIII with 5" travel. Im 5'9" and demoed (black and red X1?) med TX29 and was completly blown away!!! Put the bike on lay away will pick it up in March if not sooner all depends on mother nature and snow pack i live in Utah and we usually have snow covering most of the good riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Requested the add to the reviews section, and just got the email that it's there: Giant Trance X 29er 0 29er Full Suspension Reviews

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well my wait is over 3 months since ordered just got my large x1 looks sweet pumped to ride it tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    All I can say is wow this bike is sick so fast tracks and rails through anything almost makes everything to easy the avid brakes are ok but make some noise. The lbs ran my dropper post cable on outside with zip ties ?and didn't cut it so first thing I did was route it internally and cut to apropropriate length pretty easy to do I ran it through the right side so I can now run the rear brake through the left side looks like it will be tight with the fitting on the line to get through I have to wait for my buddy that has a bleeder tool. I ride wheelies a lot and I noticed with the 29er it's much harder to turn when your on the rear wheel then with the 26 can still ride wheelies on it just noticeably harder to turn during. We have a drop off on the trail I rode about 4ft to flat it soaked it up very nicely a couple other small jumps felt really comfortable jumping it right away. Overall very pleased so far. Gona check over everything and get back out there. 🚵

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    got the final part today for my TX29er X1 that will be going onto it. Just havent got the TX29er yet, still on order

oh and that part was a xx1 crankset

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Is some play in the contact seat post front to back normal when fully extended? I didn't notice it at first but after 2 rides it feels I do

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymx410 View Post
    Is some play in the contact seat post front to back normal when fully extended? I didn't notice it at first but after 2 rides it feels I do
    The post or the saddle attached to the post? My saddle wobbles a little, even when properly torqued. It's pretty common with dropper posts in general. The post itself shouldn't, though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks it does seem like the post though cause when it's pushed all the way down I don't feel it. Gona check it out more and let ya know thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Anyone riddden a X2 as well as either a X1 or X0? I see the shock on the X2 (Rockshox) is tuned for a firmer compression than the Fox, I was wondering if there was much of a difference or is a Monarch M compression the same as a Fox CTD L compression?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

see me rollin, they hatin
    lots of talk and not a lot of pics lately. Here's my throbbing clown wheeled sex machine. As to why it's a sex machine, well, it did manage to f*ck my bank account pretty good.

fap

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    u need to get rid of the orange bits forcrissake

DFMBA.org
    @Nicole....Yea, but wasn't it so worth it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by p_cycle View Post
    u need to get rid of the orange bits forcrissake
    rofl

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast