Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h View Post
    it is a 180mm disc.
    Were thay supposed to fit a 180mm disc for you but forgot? Still looks like a 160mm disc with a 180mm adapter to me?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Were thay supposed to fit a 180mm disc for you but forgot? Still looks like a 160mm disc with a 180mm adapter to me?

Maybe this will be a little more clear?

mtbr member
    The bike shop did it for me but you will have to buy a olive and insert for the brake line as you will need to disconnect it to run it through the frame. Then you will need to bleed the brakes.
    Sounds hard already, I will just have mine at the BB for now.

****** LBS, I had to ask them if it came with the Tubeless Presta Valve for them to hand them to me.

I'm not good yet at bike repairing,
    Can someone tell me why my front derailleur makes a LOUD click when I try to shift from the Large crankset to Small crankset?

Also, is there any guideline on how to trim the dropper seat post cable? and how hard it is?
    I am a computer engineer, I think I can handle some cables LOL.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludshroom View Post
    Sounds hard already, I will just have mine at the BB for now.

****** LBS, I had to ask them if it came with the Tubeless Presta Valve for them to hand them to me.

I'm not good yet at bike repairing,
    Can someone tell me why my front derailleur makes a LOUD click when I try to shift from the Large crankset to Small crankset?

Also, is there any guideline on how to trim the dropper seat post cable? and how hard it is?
    I am a computer engineer, I think I can handle some cables LOL.

Thanks in advance
    The dropper seat post cable should be trimmed to the proper length by your shop, as part of the build. My LBS ran my brake cable internally, ( I don't have dropper seat post), but I read some shops charge extra.

Loud click when shifting? You will hear it, but have your shop look at it to be sure. Have fun riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazdad View Post
    For those of you that have fox equipment
    There is a cool app for iPhones that calculates weight settings and also uses the camera to look at sag and makes adjustments based on how far the travel ring moved. Pretty nice if u ask me.
    Whats the app called?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Fox ird

My bike x1 has 170 front maybe the shimano stuff is 180
    The brake needs to be disconnected at the lever. Cut and reinstalled with new crush ring after the re route. Very simple.

The seat is very easy as well.
    Take of the one and only bolt in the seat post where the saddle meets. On the drivers side of the post there is a small Allen bolt. Just loosen this and re route cable through frame. Use a different derailer cable because you will likely be shortening the cable by 10" or so. Make sure your seat functions well before cutting the line. I found that a slight amount of preload was nice as it only took minimal switch effort to engage the seat.

Btw. I used the app. Worked really well. I redid the whole settings because on the maiden ride I felt that the small bump sensitivity was not there. Maybe a warranty claim.

Plain and simple fact that this bike is 4+ stars out of 5 for me. I keep right up with my buddy on his anthem with full xo. I can't wait to get some nice parts on here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomuppet View Post
    Whats the app called?
    FOX iRD

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ^ thanks guys, just found it...very cool!

mtbr member
    Fox ird

My bike x1 has 170 front maybe the shimano stuff is 180
    The brake needs to be disconnected at the lever. Cut and reinstalled with new crush ring after the re route. Very simple.

The seat is very easy as well.
    Take of the one and only bolt in the seat post where the saddle meets. On the drivers side of the post there is a small Allen bolt. Just loosen this and re route cable through frame. Use a different derailer cable because you will likely be shortening the cable by 10" or so. Make sure your seat functions well before cutting the line. I found that a slight amount of preload was nice as it only took minimal switch effort to engage the seat.

Btw. I used the app. Worked really well. I redid the whole settings because on the maiden ride I felt that the small bump sensitivity was not there. Maybe a warranty claim.

Plain and simple fact that this bike is 4+ stars out of 5 for me. I keep right up with my buddy on his anthem with full xo. I can't wait to get some nice parts on here.

I was able to take those apart.
    Can I just cut the cable housing using a wire cutter? and Can I just use the same cable??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    U might be able to get away with the same cable if u can get the frayed ends through the tiny hole. And yes wire cutter will work. Make sure to fix the inside tube of cable after cutting.

mtbr member
    U might be able to get away with the same cable if u can get the frayed ends through the tiny hole. And yes wire cutter will work. Make sure to fix the inside tube of cable after cutting.
    Thanks a lot.
    First I used my antique cable cutter and screwed up a lil. then I went down to tool shop to get my self a good one, and I did it.. I was able to trim it down.
    Thanks again and again and again

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hi all just curious how prices here in my location compare to others.

X1 $2525
    X0 $3100

This for the trance 29er of course. I am helping a few friends shop for a new bike.

mtbr member
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojie View Post

X1 $2525
    X0 $3100

This for the trance 29er of course. I am helping a few friends shop for a new bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojie View Post

X1 $2525
    X0 $3100

I see that you are in the Philippines from your profile. If those prices are US dollars then they are the best I've seen. Pricing may have something to do with your proximity of Taiwan for shipping.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzal View Post
    I see that you are in the Philippines from your profile. If those prices are US dollars then they are the best I've seen. Pricing may have something to do with your proximity of Taiwan for shipping.
    Yeah converted them to usd with the current usd rate. Those prices are from the local Giant Store. Just read a few pages and saw the Au and Uk prices.

Might be shipping cost is cheaper from taiwan being close here. Shimano prices seems to be also good here, xt groupset for around $590. That includes cranks, shifters, rd, fd, chain, cogs and brakes(rotors not included)

mtbr member
    How can I tell of my trance x0 is a size medium?
    Mine doesn't come with a sticker that says the size!!

Edit: my bad, found the sticker.
    Last edited by Bludshroom; 10-31-2012 at 02:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=j__h;9828671]Maybe this will be a little more clear?

In that case , if you still can't get it lined up, ditch the adaptor and just try the alignment washers plus a few extra avid ones as reqd. Post to post adapters are usually only for the fork and usually too high and the wrong angle for rear post mounts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post

In that case , if you still can't get it lined up, ditch the adaptor and just try the alignment washers plus a few extra avid ones as reqd. Post to post adapters are usually only for the fork and usually too high and the wrong angle for rear post mounts.
    It is all good now that I have it how it is supposed to be, just like in the tech doc.

Adapter on the front 180mm rotor and no adapter on the rear 160mm rotor.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It is all good now that I have it how it is supposed to be, just like in the tech doc.

Adapter on the front 180mm rotor and no adapter on the rear 160mm rotor.
    Mine is setup just like yours, 180mm front, 160mm rear. Shimano stuff and it stops like a Champ
    Last edited by Z4good; 10-31-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: mispelling

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Recieved me TX29 (1) this afternoon. Photo dont even come close to how good this bike looks. As with others here my LBS did not run the rear brake internally so they are going to do this next week. Also had them fit my Reverb so gave them some extra work.

A couple of things I have come across... Firstly I ordered a XL as I am 6'4 with long legs. I have a 420mm Reverb on my TX29 but discovered the XL only has a 21" Seat tube C-T. The Giant Geometry says XL/56 but my XL measures 53cm C-T. This is very strange and only because I have a 420mm Reverb seatpost I might be in trouble with the minimum seatpost lenght. The reverb only required 80mm minimum in the frame. Need to check this does not cause problems to the warranty with my LBS.

Also I have fitted me Schwalbe Hans Dampf (2.35) which I love for the massive grip which helps my Clyde size in the wet conditions we usually ride. The rear tyre does not seem to fit the rim correctly and has a slight hop cos the tyre is not fully seated in one part? Anyone else try 2.35+ on the Giant rims? Front tyre seems to be sitting right. Might re-fit the tyre tomorrow.

I also has a 180mm disc up front and a 160mm disc down back.

I only got out on the bike for a short ride but I love it already. Feels great. With all the positive reviews here I was wondering if I would feel the same, Yes I do. Love this bike.

2 hour trail ride on some tough trail this weekend. Cant wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ^ can u take a pic and verify that u have a 180 mm front rotor. If u do I want giant to send me one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Sorry that actually a 170 HS1 on the front. I think the 170mm dimension might be due to the profile of the disc. Its not a circle so maybe sram call this 180mm but thats a guess?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    In have the 170 too.

I heard they specd the bike early and SRAM changed to the new 170.

Btw. I have 20miles on my x1 and already have the fork sent to fox. It had bad sticktion at very top , took about 40lbs to break the first inch.

see me rollin, they hatin
    for anyone who is still "thinking"....just get this bike! mine is close to two pounds heavier than my racier bike i had before, but it somehow climbs up hills better. the extra weight comes from the bigger wheels and dropper post, but it hasnt been an issue. I have the XO by the way....

fap

Dudette
    ^ Ditto! For me, this bike has been nothing short of amazing. The only modifications I've made are to swap out the saddle for a Specialized Ariel (so much more girl-friendly than the Fizik) and to trim the bars down from 720mm to 680mm (liked the wide bars but had a few too many scrapes with trees). Had an awesome ride last weekend down a trail that would give me fits on my 26" bike. The larger wheels and slacker head angle seemed to be just the ticket and I emerged with a BFG! Looking forward to giving the slightly narrower bars a try this weekend.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast