Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    Dudette
    @ antonio - no, it's probably not feasible, and perhaps it's something I'll look into in the future. I'll see if having a bashguard is really going to be an issue for me on this bike. I really like the XT setup and the shifting is incredible. Having a way to run a bashguard is something I hope they consider in the future.

Got my second nice ride in last night. Wow! This bike is so much fun and just plain rips! I've never felt so confident or comfortable on a bike before and I've already found myself doing things that I've hesitated on previously. Cornering has never been my strong suit - but last night I was cornering like it was second nature. This bike is very easy to trust. I have the wheels set up tubeless - my first experience with it - and the amount of traction and control I felt was incredible. Our trails were pretty wet and slippery last night and we have a lot of fallen leaves on them now, and I felt glued to the trail. I know I haven't even come close to touching on its capabilities. VERY pleased with my purchase!

see me rollin, they hatin
    i know if i want an XS and they sell out, it could be 5 weeks or so
    fap

TRANCER
    I know for sure its been up to 3 to 4 months one time. Could be more I've heard.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I ordered an x1 large sept 1st they told me it would be sept 30 now it's supposed to be next week. Keeping my fingers crossed

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I've ordered my X1 on August 30th and I'll pick it tomorrow (6 weeks). I can't wait...

I hope the XL frame won't be too big...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have a medium on order. I'll be at the shop tomorrow and have him look into it. He doesn't think in time for the season to be over.

RollinRob, since you're only 5'4 you say (close to my height) is that an XS? if you were to just rest your foot on the pedal, not clipped in, is there any toe hitting the front tire? (i realize i have smaller feet, but just trying to get an idea)
    fap

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just curious about Canadian retailers! i put a deposit down at my LBS here in eastern Canada for a med X29er they mentioned someting about it being avail week 40? have any folks from canada bought this bike yet at there lbs or are you still waiting for delivery and how long? whens week 40 lol

mtbr member
    This week is week 40.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    RollinRob, since you're only 5'4 you say (close to my height) is that an XS? if you were to just rest your foot on the pedal, not clipped in, is there any toe hitting the front tire? (i realize i have smaller feet, but just trying to get an idea)
    I do not have any toe overlap with my size 9 feet!. I have short legs and a longer torso so the small works great for me. The bike came with a 70mmstem, I switched it out to an 80mm and flipped it down so the bike is more set up for XC. I also added some XT brakes which improved the braking tremendously, those brakes that come on the bike are garbage.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    So I bit the bullet: the dealers out here (Singapore) are not able to tell me when the t29er xo will be available, (or if it will be available at all!) what it will cost etc, so I gave up on them, cashed in a load of air miles and am flying down to my folks place in Adelaide at the end of the month to pick up my new bike! How's that for dedication, a 7 hour flight for a long weekend just to pick up a new bike!! It's a worry....

i'm biting the bullet too. i rode the x2, (for sizing) but purchasing the X0. crossing my fingers it's still available.

what have i done? my old bike is sweet....i feel like i'm betraying it. at least the trance has a higher front end right out of the box. as it is, i'm adding all kinds of extra crap to my current bike to bring up the front end, to the point of messing with the angles. I wont have to do that anymore!
    fap

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ^ I can relate to that, I have put a 120mm fork on my anthem 26er, with a 15mm thru axel and love it to bits, and have not tried the trance 29er at all, so it feels like a gamble, but am pretty confident it will be all good. Worst case, I can sell the trance up here, as it will likely be the first one in the country! Maybe I should buy a few and sell 'em to my mates?! Had'nt thought of that....a cunning plan is being hatched...haha

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The shop CPU still says "back order" and gives no date. I wish it said week 40

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I took my X0 out on the local trails for the 1st time last weekend. I'm already blown away with how much more fun I'm having and what I can ride over rather than around. There is one trail which is a long, flowing mix of blue square and black diamond sections. The longest black diamond section is mostly rock gardens separated by short fast down hill sections. On my XTC 29er hard tail I had to walk my bike around some of the rock garden sections or shuffle through after almost crashing. On the Trance X 29er I felt like I was just flying through with a stupid grin on my face the entire way. There is one section that has a rock garden and a large rock face you need to wall ride to get through - I just picked a line and rode it, being able to do this has pretty much confirmed that this will be my main bike for a long time. Climbing was as easy as others have mentioned. Climbs where I would be in granny the entire way on my hardtail seemed easier on the Trance. I would still be in the small front chainring, but shifted back up and down at the rear for little bursts up the hills. The dropper seat post is a game changer. It made it really easy to just fly down the hills. I've ended up buying some clear sports glasses as the speeds I'm hitting now are causing a fair bit of gravel to be thrown up in my face on some trail sections.

As petey15 also mentioned above, here: Trance X 29 official intro, I also noticed a lot of pedal strikes. I haven't had this issue on other bikes. My O ring on the rear shock is was also at the full travel point. It's good that I'm using the entire travel and the suspension felt fine, but I'll still be tuning the shock and fork with the fox mobile app as a starting point. At around 106Kg (230 pounds) in full riding gear (Including 3L camelback) I'm sure I need to add a little more air to the shock than the factory or shop default setting.

The confidence boost from this bike also led to me having my worst ever crash. There is one trail section that is all berms and dirt jumps. I was getting more air than ever before through this trail, especially over the table top jumps. I had so much fun that I went through for another run. I ended up "missing" a landing on one jump and I'm still not exactly sure what happened. I ended up hitting my head which was saved by my helmet and my left shoulder took most of the impact , leaving me winded and with a lot of gravel rash. I've just come back from a visit to the doctor as my shoulder is still hurting a little , 6 days after the crash. Turns out I have a sprained shoulder muscle and it will at least another week until I start to notice improvements. Luckily riding doesn't hurt, just driving the car is a little painful. I'm thinking that suspension rebound had something to do with me crashing so I'll hopefully be able to rule that out with the right settings. One bonus from the crash was I finally got to buy a new trail helment. The helmet I destroyed in the crash dated back to the late 90s and was well overdue for replacement.

Dudette
    [QUOTE=NicoleB28;9750891]i'm biting the bullet too. i rode the x2, (for sizing) but purchasing the X0. crossing my fingers it's still available.

Yay, Nicole! Did you actually get to try out an XS?

yep! fit perfect.
    fap

mtbr member
    At around 106Kg (230 pounds) in full riding gear (Including 3L camelback) I'm sure I need to add a little more air to the shock than the factory or shop default setting.

I also added a bit more air to the shock to make it a bit stiffer, its all in preferences though, I came from a stumpy with a brain and liked no-bob factor. The bike now really rides like a dream (I hate that term)

The confidence boost from this bike also led to me having my worst ever crash.

I did the same thing, the confidence and speed that I can carry with this bike is outstanding, I dont know if its just getting used to 29er wheels or the whole package but I have crushed all my PR's on Strava on this bike. I was riding a new trail and going into going into a corner to fast and the wheels slipped out from me resulting in 12 inches of road rash and a busted helme t.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinrob View Post
    At around 106Kg (230 pounds) in full riding gear (Including 3L camelback) I'm sure I need to add a little more air to the shock than the factory or shop default setting.

I also added a bit more air to the shock to make it a bit stiffer, its all in preferences though, I came from a stumpy with a brain and liked no-bob factor. The bike now really rides like a dream (I hate that term)

The confidence boost from this bike also led to me having my worst ever crash.

I did the same thing, the confidence and speed that I can carry with this bike is outstanding, I dont know if its just getting used to 29er wheels or the whole package but I have crushed all my PR's on Strava on this bike. I was riding a new trail and going into going into a corner to fast and the wheels slipped out from me resulting in 12 inches of road rash and a busted helme t.
    Are the recommending different air pressure for the 29'er than for the Trance X 26? We weigh close to the same and on my 26 i use 220 lb in the rear shock. I do not like it plush but rather a tad stiffer than usual.
    Ride

Dudette
    I don't know if they are recommending different air pressure between the 26er and the 29er...but I found the same thing. It's recommended the shock be run with a 30% sag I think and I prefer my suspension a bit stiffer. My first real ride on the bike, the "o" ring was at the bottom of the travel. I added more air pressure, it still feels plush to me and my next ride was incredible! I only had a couple of pedal strikes on that one and I think that was more in part to technique and the fact that I didn't have my pedals leveled out. Incidentally, my friend who has the Anthem X 29er has found the same thing and has also added above the recommended air volume on hers. Probably just a preference thing, but I do prefer it like that.

TRANCER
    Thank's for the info Petey. I am stoked ! I love my 26 X, but The Trance X coming out as a 29'er is a hell of an excuse to give my wife a reason why i need to get a new bike If it doesn't happen this year it will surely happen next year. Congrats to all you that got em already
    Ride

Dudette
    You're welcome! I can definitely see myself getting into a lot of trouble with this bike!

Dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    yep! fit perfect.
    Any word on the ETA? I'm hoping for another mild winter in the NE (shhh, don't tell my skiing buds!)

^ tell me about it!!!! i'm in NH, i got to ride all winter! (except for that freak halloween storm)
    fap

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast