mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Trance X 29 0 vs 1

What do people feel about the difference between the 0 vs 1?

Trance X 29er 0

Trance X 29er 1

Maybe just getting the 1 and add some choice upgrades? 4.3K is more than I was wanting to spend but something around 3-3.3k is more in line with what I have been thinking unless I really get much more with the 0 package.
    Last edited by j__h; 09-19-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Space Ghost
    I can only speak for myself, but the X0 to me was not worth the extra money considering my budget. However, the discount my LBS offered me on the x0 made it very much worth the extra. He said he will not be discounting the X1 much since it is already a good deal.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'd go with the 1 and upgrade a few things (brakes to XT, wheels) rather than spending the extra on the X0.

mtbr member
    Wheels are miles better. Brakes are XT (far superior to Avid), Forks are FIT, Seat is stupidly better, XT drivetrain miles better and last of all paintjob is WAY better.

Get the X0, I did.

DaFaJa
    Quote Originally Posted by pharcyde View Post
    Wheels are miles better. Brakes are XT (far superior to Avid), Forks are FIT, Seat is stupidly better, XT drivetrain miles better and last of all paintjob is WAY better.

Get the X0, I did.

Beautiful bike...
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The XO is definitely worth the difference. The drive-train on the X1 is pretty ordinary, and the XT on X0 is fantastic. Also, the X0 wheel-system is tubeless ready, don't think the X1 is.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    But the price difference is just so much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Fork is better on the X0 as well, I forgot that. I think if you add it all up the price differential is defend-able. Question you have to ask yourself is if you buy the X1 what will it cost you personally to upgrade to the things you really want?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I actually until now have been riding a cheap bike, giant ranier as i was in school and not wanting to spend money. I have been working for a while and now can afford something nicer. I never really have investigated what type of upgrades i would like. The things for the 1 would seemingly be the front brake and shifters. Are there any other must haves or are they just user going to be incremental gains.

mtbr member
    I also went with the X0. The LBS knocked a couple hundred dollars off the price so that sealed the deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29  0 vs 1-trance-x.jpg  

Trance X 29  0 vs 1-trance-x-29-1.jpg  

“Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I went with the X0 as well. LBS gave me a decent discount so it was definitely worth it.
    Just picked it up and can't wait to get out and ride.
    I didn't want to be in the same boat as I was with my hardtail where I ended up spending another $300 just to upgrade the brakes and was looking at spending more $$ to upgrade the drivetrain to XT.

The only think I'm planning on changing on my X0 will be the grips.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If I get one, I'll go w/ the 0 as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Wow, it seems that most have gone with the X0.

I was figuring most would go X1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzal View Post
    I went with the X0 as well. LBS gave me a decent discount so it was definitely worth it.
    Just picked it up and can't wait to get out and ride.
    I didn't want to be in the same boat as I was with my hardtail where I ended up spending another $300 just to upgrade the brakes and was looking at spending more $$ to upgrade the drivetrain to XT.

The only think I'm planning on changing on my X0 will be the grips.
    We think a lot alike. I was going to go with the X1 but remembered from my past bikes where I ended up upgrading certain components and after it was all said and done I ended up spending nearly as much but with more work and head aches. My first, and only so far, swap out were the grips. I put Ergons on as I have on all my bikes. I don't know if I'll get use to the saddle so I'm swapping that out as well with tried and true WTB Rocket V.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”