mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Trance sizing - is it to the top of the seat tube?

the geometry chart on the giant webpage seems to show that the size is a length measured along the seattube from the bottom bracket to a spot below the actual top of the seattube?

Can any Trance owner confirm this? On an 18" Trance for example, is it exactly 18 inches from the bb to the top of the seattube or more than 18 inches?

MTB B'dos
    Besides the fact that the actual drawing looks more like a Reign, I don' think you'll get to much help here since that's 1 f those new fangled, shock smashing '06 models However I can tell you that on my non shock smashing '05 version 22"/XL Trance the measurement from the centre of the BB to top of the seattuube is 22".
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Besides the fact that the actual drawing looks more like a Reign, I don' think you'll get to much help here since that's 1 f those new fangled, shock smashing '06 models However I can tell you that on my non shock smashing '05 version 22"/XL Trance the measurement from the centre of the BB to top of the seattuube is 22".
    It's really Trance geomtery schema - look at the picture properties and you see http://www.giant-bicycle.com/images/...GU-Trance2.jpg.

I agree with you that the new frame model is worse - shock smashing model.

I'd like to buy Trance, but in our country I can't get '05 model any more - only '06 model

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    thanks.