Thread: Trance prices

This space for rent!

Trance prices

Hey all,

Looks like I'm getting ready to score a T2 through my LBS. What kinds of prices are you guys paying? Assume a bone-stock Trance 2, without the pedals. 2006 model, not a 2005.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Last edited by ChuckChurch; 01-26-2006 at 12:05 PM.

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckChurch
    Hey all,

Looks like I'm getting ready to score a T2 through my LBS. What kinds of prices are you guys paying? Assume a bone-stock Trance 2, without the pedals. 2006 model, not a 2005.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Well I'll prob get in trouble again for telling these prices, but the place I get my bikes from I can get a T2 '06 for a smidge under 2k.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    I think the T2 retails for $2200.00 in the US.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    A local shop here in CT has the '06 T2 for $1999 on their website, so I would expect it shouldn't be much trouble to get one for $2000 even, or just under that.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Well I'll prob get in trouble again for telling these prices, but the place I get my bikes from I can get a T2 '06 for a smidge under 2k.
    Any idea of the T3 or R3 in there???

I understand they ship you overseas... PM with the info if you please!

I may pull the trigger in autumn or later on a new rig. I wish I had the money now to get one of those sweet VT's laying around.

But either a T3 or R3 will do for me. I wish there would be a 5" Maestro (read: I'm interested on an IH MKIII)

Another bike that I love to get (betrayal!!) is the Marin QUAD TARA.
    Check my Site

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Any idea of the T3 or R3 in there???

I understand they ship you overseas... PM with the info if you please!

I may pull the trigger in autumn or later on a new rig. I wish I had the money now to get one of those sweet VT's laying around.

But either a T3 or R3 will do for me. I wish there would be a 5" Maestro (read: I'm interested on an IH MKIII)

Another bike that I love to get (betrayal!!) is the Marin QUAD TARA.
    Well the back is actually 4.2" and if you do like me and run a REBA @ 115mm that's 4.6" - close enough to 5" for me, although I am looking at maybe doing a rear suspension mod to take it completely to 5".

IU'll let you know the info for the shop. T3 price is $1550, Anthem3 $1450, no price on Reign's since it's not my kind of ride but will ask.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

"El Whatever"
    Well the back is actually 4.2" and if you do like me and run a REBA @ 115mm that's 4.6" - close enough to 5" for me, although I am looking at maybe doing a rear suspension mod to take it completely to 5".

IU'll let you know the info for the shop. T3 price is $1550, Anthem3 $1450, no price on Reign's since it's not my kind of ride but will ask.
    Thanks!!! Sounds like the info I was looking for!

Actually, I'd throw the stock fork on the T3 (Reba??) on the Warp as well as the brakes. Brakes and fork on the Warp would go to the Trance. Fork on the Warp (or soon to be on the Warp ) is a Magura Phaon 90-125 with a max a2c of 505mm... it has travel adjustment a la U-Turn and nice damping. Brakes on the Warp are Julies and I would probably use those.

I've been using at least 4.5" travel off my Warp... so I think I'll be good with the 106mm of travel on the T3. But the question ticking at the back of my head is that if 4.2" will be enough... I know that's more important how the bike uses the travel, than the travel itself, but despite I don't do much drops and jumps (basically nothing at all) I'm a hamfisted rider who usually rams against obstacles instead of riding over them (lack of technique)... so I keep thinking "is 4.2" enough??".

Then I see the Reign and ..... you know... that's one more inch travel than needed.

Anyway... I have to wait until later on the year. But your opinions almost reassure me to stay "brand-loyal" (even if Giant hasn't been grateful to me).
    Check my Site

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Thanks!!! Sounds like the info I was looking for!

Actually, I'd throw the stock fork on the T3 (Reba??) .
    Sorry stock fork is a DUKE XC on the '05s and '06 RS Recon 327 air. The Duke isn't a bad fork once you don't like standing up and hammering or too many adjustmets. Don't know anything about the Recon.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Trance's "lack" of travel if I were you, especially if you don't do drops. The Trances' 4.2" of rear travel works wonderful and it uses it all when set up right. Trust me I do the square curb - 4"- ride over test and I barely feel like I've gone over anything.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

"El Whatever"
    Sorry stock fork is a DUKE XC on the '05s and '06 RS Recon 327 air. The Duke isn't a bad fork once you don't like standing up and hammering or too many adjustmets. Don't know anything about the Recon.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Trance's "lack" of travel if I were you, especially if you don't do drops. The Trances' 4.2" of rear travel works wonderful and it uses it all when set up right. Trust me I do the square curb - 4"- ride over test and I barely feel like I've gone over anything.
    Thanks again, Lynx!!

I'm starting to like more the Trance. Here locally a T4 is around the 1600 bucks mark!!!
    I think I'll order them from the US or even will consider one used.

I have plenty of time to look for and decide.

BTW... the Recon is better than the Duke. But by the series you describe, it doesn't have Motion Control damping. Anyway, I would ditch it in favor of the Magura.
    Check my Site