Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,100 of 3355
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Another weight question: Anybody know the weight of a stock 2017 Trance 2 (not advanced)? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Hi guys, after 2 and a half years and 40 pounds, I've decided it's time to get back on a bike. This time around, the trance has been calling my name. I'm going to check out a 2014 Trance 3 later today and the person is asking 1300 for it. I checked on that bike value estimator site and was thinking about offering the guy 1000. Do you think that's a fair offer? It seems like it's in excellent shape. Also, I'm 5'11 and the bike is a Large do you think that'll be fine? My old bike was a 2013 cannondale jekyll in a medium. I rode a large 2015 Santa Cruz 5010 in Hawaii a couple years back and that bike felt perfect in size

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyboy View Post
    Another weight question: Anybody know the weight of a stock 2017 Trance 2 (not advanced)? Thanks!
    My large 17 trance 2 with empty water bottle, bottle cage, crappy test ride pedals, and tubes weighs 30.687 lbs or 13.919kg

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by INF216 View Post
    Does anyone know the weight of the 17 Advance 1?
    Claimed 12 kg
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/de/trance-advanced-1

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bcusitsjefe View Post
    Hi guys, after 2 and a half years and 40 pounds, I've decided it's time to get back on a bike. This time around, the trance has been calling my name. I'm going to check out a 2014 Trance 3 later today and the person is asking 1300 for it. I checked on that bike value estimator site and was thinking about offering the guy 1000. Do you think that's a fair offer? It seems like it's in excellent shape. Also, I'm 5'11 and the bike is a Large do you think that'll be fine? My old bike was a 2013 cannondale jekyll in a medium. I rode a large 2015 Santa Cruz 5010 in Hawaii a couple years back and that bike felt perfect in size
    Large should be ok. I was thinking $800 for a 3yr old $2k bike, but if you think the tires are real good shape and the chain/cassette have miles left in them, I may pay 1k if it's convenient.
    oops I wasn't clipped in

mtbr member
    That's a sweet looking ride. Can't wait for winter to END.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    Large should be ok. I was thinking $800 for a 3yr old $2k bike, but if you think the tires are real good shape and the chain/cassette have miles left in them, I may pay 1k if it's convenient.
    The bike seems to be in mint condition. Original tires still have the nubs on them. I test rode it today and everything shifted fine and was still pretty smooth.

mtbr member

2017 Trance Advanced 1, XT Di2

Finished the build/mods on my 2017 Trance Advanced 1. (size Large)

I prefer a double so chose to go with the XT Di2 with Syncro Shift. I have a busted left thumb so I run the dropper on the right with the shifter single shifter. I find this configuration works very well for me. I've ridden XTR Di2 for a couple seasons and I must say that the XT Di2 group is fantastic. The wireless configuration with e-tube project on my iphone is very cool. Shimano has done an amazing job on the App.

Other changes include a PRO Tharsis Di2 Stem and Bars (cut to 775mm/30.5"), Barfly and Hans Dampf 2.35 tires (tubeless)

I've been super impressed with the ride. It climbs great and handles the twisty technical single track very well. As for bombing fast decents it is amazingly plush with plenty of control. I think I'm really going to enjoy riding this bike.

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-trance-adv-di2.jpg
    TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-trance-adv-cockpit.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What's everyone's opinion of the carbon wheels that come stock on the Trance 1?
    Can they handle much abuse or do they have a rider weight limit? I heard reports of people cracking rims on the ones on the Reign.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganXviking View Post
    2017 Trance]
    2. Friendly reminder to snug the zip ties that hold the derailleur Cable in place if you don't want it to rub paint off your seat tube.
    SO this. I learned the hard way on mine. I ended up just putting frame protector lizard skins on the area. Zip ties are pretty tight already too. I wonder if Giant will warranty any bad cases of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clone185 View Post
    What's everyone's opinion of the carbon wheels that come stock on the Trance 1?
    Can they handle much abuse or do they have a rider weight limit? I heard reports of people cracking rims on the ones on the Reign.
    I'm very impressed with the weight and performance of the TRX1 wheels that came on my 2017 Trance Adv 1. It's a little early to tell how well they will do over time as I only have half a dozen rides on them. That said I have the P-XCR0 and P-TRX1 on my 2015 Anthem SX for two seasons with no problems. (I'm 185lbs). My experience has been that GIANT wheels have been very reliable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BobRocket View Post
    I picked up an Inline on the weekend and installed it pretty quickly. I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can properly tune the suspension.

I am very tempted to put a Mattoc Pro (160mm) on the front. With the right stem and no headset spacers, I can get exactly the same bar height as having the Fox (140mm) because the axle to crown height on the Mattoc is rather low and its an amazing fork.
    I have a 2014 Trance SX and have had the DB Inline on it for a while. Very nice and controlled. With the range of adjustments you can get it dialed in to your riding style.

The Mattoc is a great fork. Had a Mattoc Pro 160mm on my bike for a while and it was way better than the Factory 34, but without a travel adjust it did push the front end a little taller for steeper tech climbs. I changed out to a 36 Talas RC2 and really like how it works. The Fox 36 has a slightly lower A2C as compared to other 160mm travel forks, so I can leave in in the 160 travel mode for most things, when I get tired or for the steeper climbs having the ability to drop 20mm down to 140mm helps a lot.

BobRocket, I think you are in the Vancouver area, not certain on what trails you are riding or if you have another bike for the steeper riding, but to me the Trance at 140 is limited, having a 160mm fork opens the bike up for way more terrain.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Does anyone know what it the widest tire I can fit on a '17 Trance 27.5 2?

Also the internal/external width of XC-1 wheels?
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kryten View Post

2.6 per Giant, 2.8 per internet. 23mm internal rim width, so not ideal for tires at the wider end of frame capacity.

mtbr member
    May 2009

I have no idea why Giant would move this frameset to BOOST spacing and *NOT* make it a Plus compatible bike. After building mine up, not much change would be necessary aside from more bend at the chainstay...maybe they felt the length would need to increase but I didn't get that impression.

As mentioned by VeganXviking, officially 2.6
    I don't know the width of the XC-1 but if it's typical for past Trance builds, they're probably narrow

I just built up a 2017 from the frame up and used ibis wheels with 35mm inner diameter.
    I'm running Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (front and rear) and they measure in at 2.67 tubeless. They run narrow for the claimed size which is why I got them....nobody's making 2.6 yet.
    I thought about an Ikon 2.8 in the rear but I read somewhere it's actually wider. And the Rekon doesn't seem to have much rolling resistance.

They work, but there's very little clearance at the chainstays...just hoping I don't do anything crazy to knock the wheel out of true. I tend to always run my bikes like this so I'm not overly concerned.

I can post pictures and try to measure the gap if you'd like.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ztbishop View Post
    I have no idea why Giant would move this frameset to BOOST spacing and *NOT* make it a Plus compatible bike. After building mine up, not much change would be necessary aside from more bend at the chainstay...maybe they felt the length would need to increase but I didn't get that impression.

I don't know the width of the XC-1 but if it's typical for past Trance builds, they're probably narrow

I just built up a 2017 from the frame up and used ibis wheels with 35mm inner diameter.
    I'm running Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (front and rear) and they measure in at 2.67 tubeless. They run narrow for the claimed size which is why I got them....nobody's making 2.6 yet.
    I thought about an Ikon 2.8 in the rear but I read somewhere it's actually wider. And the Rekon doesn't seem to have much rolling resistance.

They work, but there's very little clearance at the chainstays...just hoping I don't do anything crazy to knock the wheel out of true. I tend to always run my bikes like this so I'm not overly concerned.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I think I would stick to stock wheels due to budget. Some not true to size 2.8's may still be too much for the narrower stock wheels though, or?
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Giant is stupid is why.

Specialized makes a 2.6 tire.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I know this is the Trance post, I have a quick question for ztbishop. do you think a 3-4 mm clearance on both side is good on both the seat-stay and chain-stay? right now, I have a wheelset with ibis 742 and Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5 x 2.6" (exact) ready to go on a new 2017 Anthem Advanced 1 build, just waiting for the small frame to get to the LBS.
    '17 Giant Anthem Adv
    '17 SC Bronson CC
    '17 Ibis Mojo 3
    '15 Giant Anthem 1_SOLD
    '12 Trek Remedy 9_SOLD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Schwalbe makes 2.6 also. Lulz.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Some not true to size 2.8's may still be too much for the narrower stock wheels though, or?
    I've been perseverating on this for a few weeks. I don't have any first hand experience with plus or plus curious (2.5-2.6) tires on 23i rims. Would love to hear from those who do.
    After scouring the internet, my perception of the consensus is that anything wider than a 2.4 on a 23i rim will deform the intended tire shape and may not provide adequate sidewall support, possibly resulting in squirm or roll. I almost bought some 2.5 wtb breakouts thinking "eh, close enough" but got a pair of 2.3 breakouts from REI for $67+ tax, shipped (had a gift card). Dude I ride with has 2.3 breakouts on same size rim, loves them, and they look a good bit bigger than the stock 2.35 NN.
    I plan to get wider rims when the xc1s are all smashed up, and get some wider tires then.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I just picked up a Trace Advance 2. As an FYI for all future shoppers, the colors are a lot more vivid than they appear on the website.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    hi there,

I got a Trance 3 - 2017 in Medium a couple of weeks ago...
    I'm 5.6 with 30.5 inseam no shoes, the small felt small... the M feel perfect already with the toooo long stem - short one is at the post office tonight - and the seat post offset (not needed in my opinion with the seat angle)...
    So I'd figure that short stem and no offset 'one day upgrade dropper' would put the small out of consideration. and M doesn't even feel big. I'm right in between Giant Size chart.
    Anyway I ride motocross as well and this stuff is big...
    So if it helps to determine sizing

So far I've been riding it on snow-packed trail,

I love how the bike feel, I'm not technical enough in En to really express my feeling - on snow, but it should be close to any low traction terrain - but it feels like skiing...

Fork is set with a tad less sag than required, but I will give it a little more, cause I'm missing some smoothness and I'm dialed on lowest compression setting,
    rebound is third to fastest,
    i haven't tried any serious jump... none to be find yet where I can ride,

the rear shock is set at 25% sag with gear, of course I havent ride this stuff hard yet, but so far I like how the shock absorb and push me out the curve,
    well it's my first FS so I guess anything is feken nice to me!!!

Pedalling up is a breeze, this thing can accelerate with no effort, super alive, I figured out I dont need to lock the shock... the thing while staying on the saddle doesn't move, i guess the maestro design is efficient, and it only absorbs bump which makes the climb super easy (I also ride a single speed 49x16 and climb the same path, winter as well with 700cx30... with way more effort... so may be again my comparison is off)

The front 2.35 Nobby Nick Performance is going out soon, I'll keep it for the back where I think I might like its little grip on snow-like terrain. it's not a grippy enough front tire for me, but it's super predictable so it can be fun...
    The back 2.25 NN is fun because again it slides nicely and highly predictable but too narrow for good traction and too wide to dig in snow-packed like terrain with that kind of slimy stuff on top...

overall I'm happy with the bike,
    first upgrade is the short stem to be installed tomorrow,
    next will be front tire, MM or DHF or Kaiser Projekt... still looking

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d-ol View Post
    hi there,

I got a Trance 3 - 2017 in Medium a couple of weeks ago...
    I'm 5.6 with 30.5 inseam no shoes, the small felt small... the M feel perfect already with the toooo long stem - short one is at the post office tonight - and the seat post offset (not needed in my opinion with the seat angle)...
    So I'd figure that short stem and no offset 'one day upgrade dropper' would put the small out of consideration. and M doesn't even feel big. I'm right in between Giant Size chart.
    Anyway I ride motocross as well and this stuff is big...
    So if it helps to determine sizing

So far I've been riding it on snow-packed trail,

I love how the bike feel, I'm not technical enough in En to really express my feeling - on snow, but it should be close to any low traction terrain - but it feels like skiing...

Fork is set with a tad less sag than required, but I will give it a little more, cause I'm missing some smoothness and I'm dialed on lowest compression setting,
    rebound is third to fastest,
    i haven't tried any serious jump... none to be find yet where I can ride,

the rear shock is set at 25% sag with gear, of course I havent ride this stuff hard yet, but so far I like how the shock absorb and push me out the curve,
    well it's my first FS so I guess anything is feken nice to me!!!

Pedalling up is a breeze, this thing can accelerate with no effort, super alive, I figured out I dont need to lock the shock... the thing while staying on the saddle doesn't move, i guess the maestro design is efficient, and it only absorbs bump which makes the climb super easy (I also ride a single speed 49x16 and climb the same path, winter as well with 700cx30... with way more effort... so may be again my comparison is off)

The front 2.35 Nobby Nick Performance is going out soon, I'll keep it for the back where I think I might like its little grip on snow-like terrain. it's not a grippy enough front tire for me, but it's super predictable so it can be fun...
    The back 2.25 NN is fun because again it slides nicely and highly predictable but too narrow for good traction and too wide to dig in snow-packed like terrain with that kind of slimy stuff on top...

overall I'm happy with the bike,
    first upgrade is the short stem to be installed tomorrow,
    next will be front tire, MM or DHF or Kaiser Projekt... still looking
    congrats on the bike. At 5'6" you're actually in the small size on their size charts. Medium is 5'8" - 5'10". Just wanted to clarify that for anyone wondering about size.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I tried it and I felt tight...my knees were really closed to the bar...

Here is the Canadian size chart, I'm surrounded by S but I'm in some sort at the edge of M... Go to 5.6 - 5.7' inseam 30 - 31"
    My actual size 5.65' and inseam 30.5" are right in the middle... Sucks...
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/_uplo...NCE_SIZING.jpg

But definitely the short stem with zero degrees will be a noticeable upgrade,
    Last edited by d-ol; 02-20-2017 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spell

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    And about the stem I couldn't really complain about the length really, yeah a little... But mainly he problem to me its the length plus the 8° rise...
    I should have been more precise,
    May be I could have lived a bit longer with it if the stem was at zero, but no...
    First thing change on every of my bike is the stem. I go short. More responsive.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Also, for comparison in my early hunt for a MTB, I tried a salsa timberjack in M, with 431 reach compare to 435 on the giant and the salsa was not a thing i could have ride at all...

I also tried a Spech, again M was fine and small was small...

I'm not surprised also that the Small trance felt small... The gap in reach compare to M is 30mm, while the difference for every up size goes up by an average of 12mm...
    A small with 415-420 would have made sense may be...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d-ol View Post
    Also, for comparison in my early hunt for a MTB, I tried a salsa timberjack in M, with 431 reach compare to 435 on the giant and the salsa was not a thing i could have ride at all...

I also tried a Spech, again M was fine and small was small...

I'm not surprised also that the Small trance felt small... The gap in reach compare to M is 30mm, while the difference for every up size goes up by an average of 12mm...
    A small with 415-420 would have made sense may be...
    i see, you were going with your inseam measurement. I'm sure it's fine if it feels right. All depends on your proportions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    aaaah... oki, so I totally miss my actual height in feet, I'm not from an imperial place, well the all planet is not actually... anyway I'm 5' 7.3"
    I always did put 171cm and then got the almost 5.65 but yeah dead wrong... so I'm less disproportionate than I thought with my 31" inseam...

Got the new 35mm Easton Havoc stem installed... it's perfect...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I know the 2017 can fit 2.8 and I've seen someone fit a 2.8 on the 2016 but I was curious if anyone's actually ridden the 16 with 2.8?

I have a 16 and am running 30mm internal rims and was curious if running a 2.8 would be ok.

There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    I know the 2017 can fit 2.8 and I've seen someone fit a 2.8 on the 2016 but I was curious if anyone's actually ridden the 16 with 2.8?
    On my 2017, a 2.8 would be too tight between the chainstays. It may fit, but would lack sufficient mud clearance. The listed 2.6" max width is accurate, IMO.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

I have a 16 and am running 30mm internal rims and was curious if running a 2.8 would be ok.

Check here... Tight but seems ok
    The folks at @bikebros in Cochrane had fun with their Trance Advanced 1 by converting it to a plus b - giantbicyclecanada

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Here a 2.8 nobby nic on a 30mm rim in a fox 34 on my 2016 trance. There's plenty of clearance. I check the rear with it and it really does seem like it will be ok. I'll know for sure when my new nic comes thursday. At first sign of rub in back, I will be selling it and going for a 2.6.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Trance x2 2013

Hi,
    here is my Trance (still 26") with little blue upgrade. I just bought the last one front NN peacestar with blue stripes from local shop and new saddle Ergon SMA3.

The rest of the setup is from the stock except:
    rear schwalbe RR
    Gravity Dropper Turbo LP
    Mucky Nutz mudguards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-img_20170227_1658444.jpg  

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-img_20170227_165753.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So I did this with nobby nic 2.8. They clear just fine. Plenty of room. However when in the 42t granny, the chain rubs the knobs hardcore.

I remedied this by installing an old bionicon C-guide I had laying in my spare parts bin since 2011 and it worked a treat.

I wonder how they got there's to work without chain rub.

Either way, it works with the chain guide and I had an absolute blast on a 12 mile night ride tonight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Here it is with 2.8 tires. If you look closely you'll see my bionicon c guide v.02

Not sure how the new iteration will work since it twists on a horizontal plane.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    has anyone converted the stock giant xc-1 wheelset to tubeless with maxxis minions? how do they seal up? what system did you use for the tubeless?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.

Hi guys. Here is my Trance 2 2015... did some upgrades, but still waiting to change the suspension and the wheels...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Built this up the other day.
    2016 Trance Frame
    Fox Float Factory
    X Fusion Sweep set at 160 mm
    1x10 (32t Race Face Narrow Wide w/ Bash Guard and 11-36)
    27.5 Stans Flow EX

It has 2.8 WTB Trailblazers mounted in the photo. I love these tires. Yes they do fit. But the 3-4 mm of clearance isn't enough for leaves and small rocks that get pulled through in my area. I have ordered a replacement set of tires (2.6 Butcher and 2.3 Purgatory) to replace these. They will go back to the hardtail.

1 ride in and feels great.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-img_20160919_191450_zpserz3v1oq.jpg

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-img_20161119_110825_zpscni7t1va.jpg
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hey guys I'm building up a 2016 advanced trance with a rs plus shock. I have a 2016 fox 34 with 140mm. I hear people putting a 2.8 rekon+ in the trance with 6.5mm of clearance? If I remeber right the rekon+ on i35 measures a 2.67". I hear the 2.8 nobby nic is measuring true to size after it's stretched for a day or so. The trance has 80mm width between the chainstays in the narrow part, so the 2.8 shawbles may be tight? I'm thinking about either going with the new nobby nic or rocket Ron. I have i30 rims, should I do the 2.8 or 2.6?? And also I hear the new rocket Ron is very grippy. Should I run it front and back or do a nobby nic in the front?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rusheleven View Post

Built this up the other day.
    2016 Trance Frame
    Fox Float Factory
    X Fusion Sweep set at 160 mm
    1x10 (32t Race Face Narrow Wide w/ Bash Guard and 11-36)
    27.5 Stans Flow EX

It has 2.8 WTB Trailblazers mounted in the photo. I love these tires. Yes they do fit. But the 3-4 mm of clearance isn't enough for leaves and small rocks that get pulled through in my area. I have ordered a replacement set of tires (2.6 Butcher and 2.3 Purgatory) to replace these. They will go back to the hardtail.

1 ride in and feels great.
    What do you do about chain rubbing the tire?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What do you do about chain rubbing the tire?

Didn't rub the chain at all. I did change the tires out because I was worried about mud/rock/leaf built up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Hi guys, I've a question. Just bought giant trance 2 2016. I tried to set suspension using instruction from Fox web site. I'm about 65kg weight so i tried to pump shock 150psi as on fox web site. With this pressure sag is about 50%. Having 30% sag i need to pump about 220psi. To have about 25% pressure need to be about 270psi. This is much more than on fox web site. The question is is this normal situation?
    This is my first full so i don't know how it should looks like.
    Shock is Fox Float Evo, DPS and he keep pressure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wujekkarl View Post
    Hi guys, I've a question. Just bought giant trance 2 2016. I tried to set suspension using instruction from Fox web site. I'm about 65kg weight so i tried to pump shock 150psi as on fox web site. With this pressure sag is about 50%. Having 30% sag i need to pump about 220psi. To have about 25% pressure need to be about 270psi. This is much more than on fox web site. The question is is this normal situation?
    This is my first full so i don't know how it should looks like.
    Shock is Fox Float Evo, DPS and he keep pressure.
    Yes. Ignore the recommended psi for your weight and go for a specific %.

Not every bike linkage works in the same way so different pressures achieve the same sag in different designs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    My old trance x 29
    Things I changed:
    Deore Groupset (converted to 1x10 via Wolftooth chainring, extended cog, goatlink,b screw, 13T-42T)
    Easton Haven HB and Stem
    Giant dropper post
    RS Revelation RCT3 140mm fork
    Hope pro 2 40T hubs
    Easton Arc30 rims
    Specialized GroundControl 2.3 (tubeless)

My new trance 2017
    Slx M7000drivetrain
    Deore brakeset (xt icetech rotors)
    Things I changed:
    Giant Contact SL HB (from Giant reign)
    Truvativ Stem (from Giant reign)
    Stans Flow MK3 rims
    Bitex boost hubs
    Maxxis DHRii 2.4 front and back (tubeless)

Last edited by jadeTrance; 03-30-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added info

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeTrance View Post
    My old trance x 29
    Things I changed:
    Deore Groupset (converted to 1x10 via Wolftooth chainring, extended cog, goatlink,b screw, 13T-42T)
    Easton Haven HB and Stem
    Giant dropper post
    RS Revelation RCT3 140mm fork
    Hope pro 2 40T hubs
    Easton Arc30 rims
    Specialized GroundControl 2.3 (tubeless)

My new trance 2017
    Slx M7000drivetrain
    Deore brakeset (xt icetech rotors)
    Things I changed:
    Giant Contact SL HB (from Giant reign)
    Truvativ Stem (from Giant reign)
    Stans Flow MK3 rims
    Bitex boost hubs
    Maxxis DHRii 2.4 front and back (tubeless)

how much did you pay for the wheelset upgrade? I mean would it not have been cheaper to just buy the higher spec Trance in the first place? I often see people buying a Trance 3 and changing everything out so they end up paying more than they'd have for a Trance 1

May contain nuts
    Good point. What was the requirement, lighter, wider? I thought the stock wheel set had wide rims and reasonable weight already? The T2 is a banger value proposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    stock wheelset on Trance 2 2017 is 23mm wide, its better than the 19mm from 2014-2016 model year but not really wide either by today's standard.

The higher spec Trance 1 comes with a lighter and wider 27mm wheelset which is perfect for the 2.35 stock tires and still suitable for wider 2.6 tires whereas with the 23mm rims of the Trance 2 you're basically stuck with the stock tire width

Upgrading the Trance 2 to "Trance 1 standard" is much more expensive than just buying the bike in the first place.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    My wheelset cost me around 450dollars. A tad cheaper than getting the higher spec'd trance.
    I got the bike cheap because I knew the owner of the shop and trance 1 was not available when i got the bike

mtbr member
    My wheelset cost me around 450dollars. A tad cheaper than getting the higher spec'd trance.
    I got the bike cheap because I knew the owner of the shop and trance 1 was not available when i got the bike
    Where did you pick up your wheels, that's a nice price and I'm planning to do the same thing with my trance 2.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I'm from the Philippines. Parts here are a bit cheaper compared to US.
    I used
    Stans Flow mk3 132USD
    BITEX boost hubs 160USD
    Pillar spoke 45USD
    Pillar brass nipple 14USD
    DHRII 80USD
    tubless kit 40USD

471USD total

mtbr member
    I'm from the Philippines. Parts here are a bit cheaper compared to US.
    I used
    Stans Flow mk3 132USD
    BITEX boost hubs 160USD
    Pillar spoke 45USD
    Pillar brass nipple 14USD
    DHRII 80USD
    tubless kit 40USD

471USD total
    Well thanks for the info, nice wheels. Enjoy them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    If anyone in this thread is a clyde and has a trance 2 27.5, would you mind taking a look at this thread please? Any Clydes on Giant 2017 Trance 2?

Dirt Eater
    Jan 2005
    Ordered a 2017 Trance 2 in XL. Just got shipped out to my LBS today! Planning to upgrade wheels to some I9s laced to something nice. Haven't figured that out yet.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
    Ordered a 2017 Trance 2 in XL. Just got shipped out to my LBS today! Planning to upgrade wheels to some I9s laced to something nice. Haven't figured that out yet.
    Big C! How BIG are you? See post above yours ha!

May contain nuts
    Just ordered a large T2 for my 179cm 14yr old lad. He's right at the bottom of the chart for large but should fit with a 35/40mm stem. (Why do they come with a 70mm anyway, when they have long front-centre geo?)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I run a 45 x10 on mine. Probably comes stock with whatever the cheapest.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Just ordered a large T2 for my 179cm 14yr old lad. He's right at the bottom of the chart for large but should fit with a 35/40mm stem. (Why do they come with a 70mm anyway, when they have long front-centre geo?)

oho... Dad of the year 2017?

Depending on his body proportions the (highly discounted) 2016 model could be a better fit, I own the 2016 in Large with 50mm stem at about same height but long legs, I testrode the 2017 Trance in M and L and would rather take the M if forced to decide between these two, in reality neither size felt ideal

mtbr member
    May 2009

2017 Aluminum Trance Tire Clearance

Here is my 2017 custom Trance. Aluminum frameset (UK version).
    Rear Shock - Rockshox Super Deluxe
    Drivetrain - Shimano XT 1x11
    Bash / Guide - MRP SXg
    70mm Raceface Stem, 720mm Raceface bars (it's what I had...haven't experimented shorter stems yet)
    Seatpost - Giant dropper (100mm drop)
    Fork - Rockshox Pike (boost) 160mm
    Brakes - Avid BB7 (I still prefer these)
    Wheels - Ibis 738 Boost, 35mm inner diameter
    Tires - Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (they measure about 2.63 here)?

The tires seem to have about 4mm clearance from the fork arch.
    About 3mm clearance from the chainstay, maybe 4mm at the seatstay.
    I could not find my gap gauge, so this is rough measurement...stuck some stuff in that seemed to fit, then measured it with a caliper.

Is this generally safe for most people? I don't ride this in super muddy conditions; screws up the clay trails in the midwest. But I'm wondering if I should get the Rekon 2.6 once they come out (assuming they'll measure around 2.45...) and maybe sell these with 100 miles on them.

Also, the fork seems to suck down to just over 150mm...i've tried pulling it apart a few times. I can pull it up to 160 with a slight hiss, but it'll never go there on it's own. I also can't get the last 10-15mm of travel no matter how much hell i put it through at 30% sag. Same with the rear, 30% sag gets me about 85% travel. Could be partially from bigger tires at 18psi? It still rides real nice, but I was wondering if this is normal. I have no spacers in the air chambers.

**EDIT**
    Forgot weight. My not-so-accurate fish scale says 31 with pedals and frame pump. Sheesh, is that right? It's capable tho!

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-trance.jpgTRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-waterfall.jpgTRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-river.jpgTRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-pike.jpgTRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-seatstay.jpgTRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-chainstay.jpg

mtbr member
    Here is my 2017 custom Trance. Aluminum frameset (UK version).
    Rear Shock - Rockshox Super Deluxe
    Drivetrain - Shimano XT 1x11
    Bash / Guide - MRP SXg
    70mm Raceface Stem, 720mm Raceface bars (it's what I had...haven't experimented shorter stems yet)
    Seatpost - Giant dropper (100mm drop)
    Fork - Rockshox Pike (boost) 160mm
    Brakes - Avid BB7 (I still prefer these)
    Wheels - Ibis 738 Boost, 35mm inner diameter
    Tires - Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (they measure about 2.63 here)?
    thumbs up for the mechanical BB7 brakes, super cool setup.

100mm dropper post? Dude you need 150mm!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    thumbs up for the mechanical BB7 brakes, super cool setup.

100mm dropper post? Dude you need 150mm!
    Thanks. I know I know. The shop I ordered the frameset from only had the 100mm in stock and I earned enough points with the frame to get it free. I haven't found myself dropping it all the way yet, but I'm just timid in realizing what this bike will actually handle...

mtbr member
    Thanks. I know I know. The shop I ordered the frameset from only had the 100mm in stock and I earned enough points with the frame to get it free. I haven't found myself dropping it all the way yet, but I'm just timid in realizing what this bike will actually handle...
    what you didn't drop the (100mm) dropper all the way yet! Are you riding in a parking lot?

May contain nuts
    oho... Dad of the year 2017?

Depending on his body proportions the (highly discounted) 2016 model could be a better fit, I own the 2016 in Large with 50mm stem at about same height but long legs, I testrode the 2017 Trance in M and L and would rather take the M if forced to decide between these two, in reality neither size felt ideal
    Possibly - in his mother's eyes I'm more 'muppet of the year 2017' but I've been top of that podium a few years running so I'm not preparing any speeches.

Haven't actually picked it up yet - his birthday is a couple of months away and winter is upon us so I'm not in any hurry. I think he'd fit the medium better for sure, but he only has to grow another couple of cm and he prob wouldn't. Gotta stop putting manure in his shoes - he's already taller than me, and has bigger feet.

Did your demo L Trance have that 70mm stem on it? Makes a big difference in feel when the bike is already a bit of a stretch...

mtbr member
    Did your demo L Trance have that 70mm stem on it? Makes a big difference in feel when the bike is already a bit of a stretch...
    it came with a 60mm stem. But the Trance L 2017 is significantly taller and longer than the 2016 size L, it's actually closer to the 2016 XL while the 2017 M is like a slightly shorter 2016 Trance L with a super short seat tube.

here's a picture of the 2017 L I rode:
    (note: on this picture the seat post is 2cm lower than normal for maximal clearance as we were preparing for a downhill ride)

and the 2017 M:
    (correct seat post setting)

here's my 2016 Trance L:

Comparison 2016 L vs 2017 M
    (pretty close aren't they?)

I think on this very last picture you can see that the 2017 M is actually closer to the 2016 L apart from the short seat tube (I've very long legs for my size)

It's weird but from the new generation Trances neither size was a great fit and I didn't like the steepened headangle, I'm now having hopes for the new Reign.

May contain nuts
    Useful pics, cheers Calf. I see what you mean about being between sizes - your 2016 L looks well setup, but the 2017 M looks too small (like your ass would be hanging over the rear axle), and the 2017 L has a much bigger head tube which makes it look a bit out of proportion. I think with a short slammed stem it might fit you better than the 2017 M though... particularly with your standover? I'm like you on the Reign - M is a bit small and L is a bit long.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    So guys I've got a 2016 Advanced 1. It has the carbon 1 wheels or whatever they are called. Not the DT swiss ones, the formula hub ones.

Does anyone know or have a guide about how to take the freehub body out and re-grease it?

I looked but didn't find anything.

On my 26" hope hubs you literally just pull the freehub body off after you pull off the end caps. This one seems like u need to unscrew the axle first but I couldn't seem to be able to pull the end cap on the cassette side. Then again I only tried to pull it with my hand as I had nothing else. Maybe this is a LBS job...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Probably hex keys on either side to remove a cap then pull freehub off.

Dirt Eater
    Jan 2005

Picked up my Trance Sunday. I am pumped for the summer season! Planning on upgrading the wheelset in a couple months, and adding a Wolf's Tooth granny gear, but other than that, she's set!

mtbr member
    the 2017 M looks too small (like your ass would be hanging over the rear axle), and the 2017 L has a much bigger head tube which makes it look a bit out of proportion.
    spot on. That pretty much describes how the M felt. It's weird but a short seattube + long seat post feels different than a longer seattube + shorter seat post even though from a geometric standpoint it should be exactly the same

I certainly wouldn't get the L either as the long Headtube makes the bikes "feel" like an XL frame (I know I'm having a lot of Spacers on my 2016 L but it's different!)

For me the 2017 Trance was a huge disappointment, so no new Trance for me in the coming 3 years (= frame life cycle of current redesign) but maybe a newly designed Reign in 2018...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nice ride BigC... I picked up mine yesterday and took it for a spin. Blends in with the scenery. Technology has changed since I bought my last bike 16 years ago! Excited to get back into it.

Dirt Eater
    Jan 2005
    Awesome! I probably won't get mine out until next weekend. Like you, my previous bike is older. 2005 Gary Fisher Cake DLX. All mountain then, more xc now. Solid bike other than the rear shock, but the Trance is more efficient heading up and even more stable going down. Great bike and loking forward to shredding it in the future and having the bike park boys scoff at this one... until it blasts by them like my fisher did.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Replacement derailleur hanger?

Here is my Trance Advanced 1.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement derailleur hanger? Nothing is wrong, I just want to be prepared on remote rides.

Thanks
    TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-20170407_173419-min.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWest View Post

Anyone know where I can get a replacement derailleur hanger? Nothing is wrong, I just want to be prepared on remote rides.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170407_173419-min.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	1132123
    Lbs

mtbr member
    haha people are always amazed that you can actually buy the spare derailleur hanger at the same shop where you bought the freaking bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    They'll order you the hanger.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWest View Post

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170407_173419-min.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	1132123
    A spare one should have been provided with the bike. Your LBS must have kept it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi, I´m having a bit of trouble with the Fox Float Factory DPS on my 17 Trance Advanced 1. Thing is it bottoms out a bit too easily. Currently running 25% sag, rebound 5 clicks from closed and Open mode adjust on 1. Shock is run open all the time.

Was riding an aluminum Trance with the Performance version of this shock and was having the same problem.

No chance to install spacers since it already comes with the largest one installed.

Any ideas?

Also, dropper has developed a slight play (both side to side and vertical) in just like 5 rides.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Since it's the 2017 you'd be better off sending everything in for warranty. Should have 1 year on components and lifetime on frame.

The shock sounds like it could use a rebuild but it's brand spanking new. It could just have bad seals or no oil.

The dropper needs to go back to your shop. They may make you pay for a service though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Alright everybody, I have been trolling this thread for a long time and finally I have joined the club! Weighing in at 27lbs on the . with pedals. The 2017 Trance Advanced 1 LG and yes it came with the extra hanger.

Tomorrow will be the first ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    The Turner looks great. I dig the blue colour.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    It is a great bike. I rode it for 2.5 years and love it. I will be keeping it as my backup.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Finally got mine like a week ago. Really impressed with it so far. Only changes so far are 40 mm stem and 780 mm bars.

Problem with the rear bottoming out too easily got solved by moving the Open mode adjust to the second position. 27.0 pounds with Shimano XT Trail pedals and tubeless. Could still loose around half a pound by changing the cockpit to some Renthal goods.

TRANCE - The Official thread, pics and info inside.-img_9095-2-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    First ride was awesome, thing felt so good. Stock bars do actually seem a bit narrow. Stock grips suck, I like soft grip and thin gloves. We will see where this goes. Oh and hit hit a bunch of pr's

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    You should upgrade the cockpit to a shorter stem and wider bar, it really makes all the difference. What settings are you running on your suspension? If you´re having the rear bottom out too easily just move the Open mode adjust to the second position.

I think it´s a shame how the bike doesn´t get good reviews because of that stupid cockpit and some other bad choices on the spec on behalf of Giant. Frame is really great, only the SA could probably be a bit steeper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell318 View Post
    You should upgrade the cockpit to a shorter stem and wider bar, it really makes all the difference. What settings are you running on your suspension? If you´re having the rear bottom out too easily just move the Open mode adjust to the second position.

I think it´s a shame how the bike doesn´t get good reviews because of that stupid cockpit and some other bad choices on the spec on behalf of Giant. Frame is really great, only the SA could probably be a bit steeper.
    actually if the shock is bottoming too easily and feels good otherwise, you should be changing the air spring volume instead of adding LSC, since LSC doesn't really affect high speed impacts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc View Post
    actually if the shock is bottoming too easily and feels good otherwise, you should be changing the air spring volume instead of adding LSC, since LSC doesn't really affect high speed impacts.
    I know but since the Fox shock on the Trance already comes with the largest available spacer installed, open mode adjust is the only way to go. Apart from adjusting sag obviously but mine was already set at 25%.

Fox site says Open mode adjust does affect g-out performance.

"Open Mode Adjust: Open mode adjust is useful to control shock performance during rider weight shifts, G-outs, and slow inputs."

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell318 View Post
    I know but since the Fox shock on the Trance already comes with the largest available spacer installed, open mode adjust is the only way to go. Apart from adjusting sag obviously but mine was already set at 25%.

Fox site says Open mode adjust does affect g-out performance.

"Open Mode Adjust: Open mode adjust is useful to control shock performance during rider weight shifts, G-outs, and slow inputs."
    oh yes, I didn't realize you were bottoming on g-outs.
    I'm on a 2015 Trance which is very progressive, even with McLeod/King Can I still seldom use full travel...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Great pics of new Adv 1, I'm leaning that way as well.

These posts say 27lbs w/ pedals, a review I said the Adv 1 came in a 29lbs.
    If it's 27, that is great for the cost, 29, not so much.

Scales good, Schnell318 and Nor32?

Thx!
    Holiday

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Curious as to what stem length / bar width people are rocking on their 2017 trance? Just ordered mine (1.5 ltd) and should have it in about 2 weeks. Already ordered a 780mm raceface aeffect R 35 but not sure if ill go 50 or 40mm stem. 6'1 on a size large.

I agree with the poster above.. too bad reviewers couldnt just tweak their cockpits to current standards for bike reviews. Strange choice by Giant for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday View Post
    Great pics of new Adv 1, I'm leaning that way as well.

These posts say 27lbs w/ pedals, a review I said the Adv 1 came in a 29lbs.
    If it's 27, that is great for the cost, 29, not so much.

Scales good, Schnell318 and Nor32?

Thx!
    Holiday
    Already measured on two different scales, bike is setup tubeless and cockpit is a bit heavier than the stock shity one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudawg82 View Post
    I agree with the poster above.. too bad reviewers couldnt just tweak their cockpits to current standards for bike reviews. Strange choice by Giant for sure.
    Well that's because the product manager of Giant responsible for component spec is either incompetent or plain evil. Or they gave the job to someone who was wiping the floors before at Giant HQ.

Certainly not someone who has a clue about tires as they put a Maxxis High Roller in 3C compound on my rear wheel (probably the worst choice from all Maxxis tires apart Shorty)

They're putting "Schwalbe Performance" tires on the Reign 2017 and use Schwalbe tires with Pace Star compound as front tires on the 2017 E+ ebike series.

Many more stupid component choices all over the bikes but the tires do make contact with the ground thus poor choices her lead to a bad overall riding experience.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Giant must have had a bunch of overdrive 2 stems lying around since those are the ones that come fitted to the bikes. They come with an inner shim to make them fit the 1 1/8" forks.

Seat posts with offset on the models that don´t come with dropper post is also stupid.

I would be pissed if I was one of the engineers that put so much effort in designing the frame, kinematics, etc. only to have it ****ed up by the product managers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Any upgrades that you guys would suggest on a 2016 Trance SX? The only thing I've done to it after riding it last season was cut the bars down to 750 from 800. May have been a little too much to cut off but oh well - gives me an excuse to get some new bars, thinking about getting some carbon enve's.

It's my first "new" bike after riding on a 2012 Santa Cruz Superlight that I had got used for two years. Definitely way too much bike for my skill level but no complaints, just kind of curious as to whether or not I should start looking at upgrades after reading some of the stuff on here about cockpit issues. Seems like most people are going with shorter stems than the 70MM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmilin View Post
    Any upgrades that you guys would suggest on a 2016 Trance SX?
    I cut down the stock bars to 777 and swapped the 60mm stock stem for a 50mm. Downsized the chainring for a 30T and upgraded the brakes to Guide RSC right when I got it.

The only upgrade left I'm thinking about for a long time and probably the bikes' weakest spot are the wheels, the P-AM2 are bombproof but very heavy and @24mm not very wide either (but sufficiently wide for the 2.3 stock tires)

After careful deliberation and some testriding I wanna switch over to 2.6" tires on wider rims:

I would mix a 35mm DT XM521 rim front with a 30mm DT EX511 rim rear. Either laced to DT 350 hubs or just buy the respective front/rear wheels seperately taken from the complete DT wheelsets called "XM1501 35mm" / "EX1501 30mm"

Why two different rim widths?
    The front tire is run with lower pressure than the rear tire and thus needs a wider rim to support its sidewalls when cornering hard, the rear wheel has to carry most of the rider weight especially when jumping hard and needs to offer more stability.

I'm still undecided if investing roughly 1000$ in a "non boost" wheelset (wheels + tires + discs + Sram XG1180 cassette) for a 2 year old bike is a wise thing to do...

I could equally sell the Trance SX for 1600$ + take the 1000$ I was willing to spent for the wheels and buy a new bike like the YT Jeffsy for 2600$. But then again that comes stock with an even narrower 22mm wide wheelset...

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I cut down the stock bars to 777 and swapped the 60mm stock stem for a 50mm. Downsized the chainring for a 30T and upgraded the brakes to Guide RSC right when I got it.

The only upgrade left I'm thinking about for a long time and probably the bikes' weakest spot are the wheels, the P-AM2 are bombproof but very heavy and @24mm not very wide either (but sufficiently wide for the 2.3 stock tires)

After careful deliberation and some testriding I wanna switch over to 2.6" tires on wider rims:

I would mix a 35mm DT XM521 rim front with a 30mm DT EX511 rim rear. Either laced to DT 350 hubs or just buy the respective front/rear wheels seperately taken from the complete DT wheelsets called "XM1501 35mm" / "EX1501 30mm"

Why two different rim widths?
    The front tire is run with lower pressure than the rear tire and thus needs a wider rim to support its sidewalls when cornering hard, the rear wheel has to carry most of the rider weight especially when jumping hard and needs to offer more stability.

I'm still undecided if investing roughly 1000$ in a "non boost" wheelset (wheels + tires + discs + Sram XG1180 cassette) for a 2 year old bike is a wise thing to do...

I could equally sell the Trance SX for 1600$ + take the 1000$ I was willing to spent for the wheels and buy a new bike like the YT Jeffsy for 2600$. But then again that comes stock with an even narrower 22mm wide wheelset...
    The Jeffsy is a cool bike. I was originally looking at YT. Hard to beat them price-wise.. the Jeffsy had just came out but was delayed and I was too impatient to wait. I didn't really know what I was looking for, just that I was hooked and really wanted to get something new while I could afford it. A friend that worked at a Giant retailer pretty much sold me on the Trance SX and was able to get me a good deal.

A buddy that I have been riding with this season is trying to convince me to get carbon handlebars, says that my hands will get less fatigued and that I will have less vibration but I don't see those as being problems. He suggested some "Thomson Trail Carbon Riser Bar" that is marked down to $110 from $165 but the more that I think about it, the more I don't know if it's really a necessary upgrade.

If I stay with the stock bar that I cut down to 750, I was thinking going 90 mm with the stem instead of 70 but it looks like everybody here is going shorter (albeit running longer bars).

The more I think about it, the more I just need to get out and ride. Lol

May contain nuts
    To me sweep and rise are more important than width. 9deg back, 4deg up works best for me, I find Thomson bars are too straight

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    To me sweep and rise are more important than width. 9deg back, 4deg up works best for me, I find Thomson bars are too straight

The same buddy that recommended the Thompson sent me the link to another handlebar before I had read this, and it's got almost those specs that you prefer. 9 degree backsweep, 5 degree upsweep

Ibis Carbon handlebar ? Ibis Cycles Online Store

Pretty close to pulling the trigger and trying them out.

One thing I started thinking about as I was washing the bike today... the saddle. The giant contact that my SX came with.. am I the only one who finds it a bit uncomfortable, even with chamois?

mtbr member
    I actually swapped the Original Giant handlebar for a Spank Barclaw after I got the bike but quickly changed back as I needed the additional rise of the Giant bar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    anybody knows how much travel do seatposts (tranz x) from trance advanced (16 model i guess) have?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by amer_ua View Post
    anybody knows how much travel do seatposts (tranz x) from trance advanced (16 model i guess) have?
    Hey man my advanced 1 2016 has 150mm on the seatpost. It's a Large.