Johny Sokko!

Trance Frame Shock Info (Selection & Size)

I've been riding a Reign 2 for 3 months and it sleeps with me in my bed! I bought a Trance 4 on Ebay for 650.00 to my door (my friends say I have contracted Meastro fever, and the only medicine is my credit card). Took all the parts off and sold them to my nephew for $250.00 ($400.00 T4 Frame w/Float R, good deal!).

My question to the GTR's (Giant Trance Riders) or simple T-Riders Clan, I'm in love with SPV, have any of you replaced the Float R with a Swinger 3-way? My intial ride with the Float R seems like it bobs to easy! I set-it up to my body weight and I see it moving when I pedal (1/2 inch). The Swinger does not move at all on my heavier Reign, but is very plush when hitting ruts and rocks.

I need to know if this is normal? Should I just get used to it?

Also, can someone confirm the shock size? 6.5" x 1.5"

As always! It's appreaciated to get info from you fellow quarantine victims of Meastro fever

p.s. I bought my nephew a VT3 frame (399.00) from Wheelworld.com, his bike build was $800 with disc brakes!

bi-winning

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner
    p.s. I bought my nephew a VT3 frame (399.00) from Wheelworld.com
    You are a generous guy.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

MTB B'dos
    Yes the movement in the rear suspension is normal and varies depending on how you set the shock up, BUT also on how smoothly/circular you pedal.

The measurement on the shock is 6.5" eye to eye. I haven't used any other shock really (only been in this here MTB game 'bout 1.5 years so far) but I'm looking at upgrading to an RP3 sometime next year myself and then maybe getting it pushed later on. I was also actually looking at the new RS MC3 shocks, but was offered a slightly used RP3 at an excellent deal so decided to go that way since the RS MC3's aren't yet publically available.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Members who have read this thread: 0