mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Trance with Fox FLoat 130 RLC

HI, I just order a trance 1 frame, and i was wondering if anyone here have the trance with a 130mm fork, how does it performs, I need to know if im going to have to reduce the travel to 100mm , or just leave <<, Anyone running at 130 mm front travel

thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by granny.gear
    I've read a few.... all positve. As with any fork change pay attention to axle to crown length of the fork. The 100mm forks generally provide 70.5 degree head angle. Adding around 20mm length to the axle to crown dimension will change head angle about 1 degree. So, adding 20mm in length will give about 69.5 degree head angle which will not affect the Trance's climbing much. When you get to 69 degrees, it will start to affect climbing and you may have trouble keeping the front down... which means you will start shifting weight frontward and then you may end up loosing rear traction. Bar and stem setup can help some of this out.

Anyways, you could get a travel adjust from 100 to 130 (i.e. Mantitou Minute) so you can change it for extended climbs and downhill. 130 will be very stable downhill. Or, get a fixed long travel fork with a smaller A-C dimension.

All said, never rode a Trance so can't give you specifics!

ok, THANKS, well in my current bike, i have a stem which is -5 and so i will check on the trance first how it performs, if i like it i will stay with 130mm if not i will change it to 100 mm
    thanks

MTB B'dos
    I can sincerely say you didn't even bother to look down the threads to see if this had already been covered...did you??? If you had you would have found this thread started not 5 days ago on the same topic or if you'd gone into the "Trance Official Thread" you would have found the link to your exact question. Hope this helps and remember try looking first
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    I can sincerely say you didn't even bother to look down the threads to see if this had already been covered...did you??? If you had you would have found this thread started not 5 days ago on the same topic or if you'd gone into the "Trance Official Thread" you would have found the link to your exact question. Hope this helps and remember try looking first

For your Information, I did search and i did found those posts, but IF YOU READ CAREFULLY< they NEVER answer that question, because the people that reply were not running 130mm, they were running 100 mm or 120mm but but not 130mm..and 10mm could make a difference on the geometry of the bike...

Members who have read this thread: 0