mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Trance Advanced SX review

I was lucky enough to photograph for review purposes, sharing the link:

Review Giant Trance Advanced SX - The Berm

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I have the Advanced SX. You'd think that on a top of the line bike like this, that is supposed to be dialed and ready to ride, you'd get the right size dropper post with it. They should have made a 150mm, zero offset post or had another company make them if they couldn't for this bike. 100mm drop is a joke, especially on a L or XL carbon frame. Not like you can just take it out and use a quick release and a standard post. Avid Trail 9 brakes suck, make all kinds of noise. Likely need a whole new cockpit as I did to make it fit right. Saddle is aweful! Other than that bike is great!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm normally one to hate on Avid brakes, noise being a primary reason. I have however, been blown away by the Trail 9's. Strange to hear grief you are having. Did they do that from scratch? Any chance of contamination?

I do agree on saddle. But then again, I always hate factory saddles lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon650B View Post
    I have the Advanced SX. You'd think that on a top of the line bike like this, that is supposed to be dialed and ready to ride, you'd get the right size dropper post with it. They should have made a 150mm, zero offset post or had another company make them if they couldn't for this bike. 100mm drop is a joke, especially on a L or XL carbon frame. Not like you can just take it out and use a quick release and a standard post. Avid Trail 9 brakes suck, make all kinds of noise. Likely need a whole new cockpit as I did to make it fit right. Saddle is aweful! Other than that bike is great!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    They make all kinds of noise. they squeel, shudder and turkey gobble. The shop has serviced the bike a couple of times and they still make noise, even more since last time! Good to know yours are fine, maybe I shouldn't give up quite yet. I'll try myself or take to another shop.