mtbr member

Trance 29er shock pushed?

Perhaps I ride my Trance a bit harder than it's intended, but I'm getting tired of bottoming out the rear end. It helps to run less sag, but then the small bump compliance goes to crap. I love nearly everything about the bike, but I play in big rocks and the more I push drop height the more of an issue this become. Has anyone here had Push tune their shock with the big hit kit? I'm specifically interested if anyone has had it done on a Trance X 29er, but feedback in general would be appreciated. I haven't tried the volume spacer yet, but that's on the table too.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    What's the shock?

If it's Fox you might do yourself a favor and find the right sized SRAM shock.

mtbr member
    It's a 2013 X1, so the Fox CTD shock. I have zero experience with Rock Shox shocks. What would be different about it?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Trance 29er shock pushed?

I ride the same bike. I've replaced the shock with a Factory CTD with the stock tune. The performance is improved especially in the middle of the stroke but I don't know that big hit performance would necessarily be better. I have had a shock Pushed for a Sant Cruz Blur and it worked well. My impression is that you need a shock with a different tune than Giant envisioned for the bike, one dialed for your particular use and weight. Seems like Push is a very reasonable choice.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Im In the same boat. What did you do? I did the larger spacers and it improved the shock some what, but I want more of a shock. Was looking at eh Fox Float xCTD but cant's find out if it will fit or work on this frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    What is the size of the rear shock for trance x 29er. I need to replace mine.