mtbr member
    Apr 2006

No good Trance 1 frame w Manitou Minute fork, Hope XC4 brakes.

Hello there. I just received my Trance 1 frame and I have purchased a Manitou Minute fork to complement it. I am preparing to build it up using the parts from my NRS. Does anybody know of an adapter that would allow me to install the Hope XC4 brakes (150mm rotor, I.S. mount) onto the Manitou Minute fork which has post mounts? I would love to be able to install the brakes on my new frame as I absolutely love the feel and modulation they offer. Thank you in advance for your help.

MTB B'dos
    What you're looking for is the Manitou brake mount adapter from 74mm to 51 IS. Check the link this should do what you want. I'd just ask your local bike shop as shipping for that 1 item wouldn't be worth it.

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    LyNx, you are a Godsend, thank you very much!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=LyNx]What you're looking for is the Manitou brake mount adapter from 74mm to 51 IS. Check the link this should do what you want. I'd just ask your local bike shop as shipping for that 1 item wouldn't be worth it.

My understanding is that you are using a minute (which uses the post mount) and a 150mm rotor/IS51 caliper. It aint gonna work. The smallest rotor that can be used w/ the minute is a 160, using a post mount caliper, simply due to the lower casting design. The adapter posted above is for going from the IS 51 TO a 74mm post mount. I hate to say it, but you'll have to get a different fork or brake if you want to maintain the 150mm rotor.

If you want to use your desired brake and the minute, you may be able to do it, but with a comprimise. I belive shimano (or another company) makes an adapter to use a IS 51 caliper and a post mount, but it needs a 170mm rotor.

Andrew

MTB B'dos
    I'm no where near familiar w/ Manitou forks to even venture a professional guess, but I'll state my opinion and advice....

It would seem a bit strange that this would be true (but wierder stuff happens) since 150mm=5.9" (6"), 160=6.29" best thing would be to post a question in the "Let's talk about shocks" forum and see what you get back. Don't know why you wouldn't be able to run a 6" rotor I mean if it's true and push comes to shove you can file down the mount on the fork that couple of MM needed. The mount intself is cheap so I'd say try to find a bike shop that has them and give it a try - see if it works or not.

BTW which Minute did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by YonderUnit
    My understanding is that you are using a minute (which uses the post mount) and a 150mm rotor/IS51 caliper. It aint gonna work. The smallest rotor that can be used w/ the minute is a 160, using a post mount caliper, simply due to the lower casting design.Andrew
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thank you both for your advice. I guess the best thing to do is get an adapter and see what happens as the adapter is not too much money and much cheaper than replacing the brakes with compatible units. I purchased a Manitou Minute 1:00 for $200 CAD.