mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Too much for the Anthem?

Not that it's a bad thing..

I just got a 2009 Giant Anthem X2 and am loving it. I initially got it for doing XC races and hopefully endurance races soon. But recently, I've been running into some more technical trails with some drops that I'd like to try out. How much is too much for the Anthem X2?

Just to make it clear, I love the bike and there's no way I'm getting rid of it. Was just wondering if a bike with more travel would handle the situation better or if the Anthem works well for it all.

mtbr member
    Well there are hardtail guys out there who huck big drops all day long. I suppose a lot of it also depends on the rider.

Without getting into greay areas though. There's no doubt a Trance or Reign would be more ideal for more technical trails with drops.

For the record. I have an 09 Anthem X and an 07 Reign and I can't go down the rough stuff anywhere near as fast as my Reign on the Anthem but I can't climb anywhere near as fast as the Anthem on my Reign.
    Bikes Move Us - pedaling community of riders not fighters

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ride a hardtail for a month and a Anthem X will fill like a Reign.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Amen brother.

mtbr member
    This is 06 Anthem. Which is less travel than the X2. Anthems are very capable.
    1.Video doesn't do this section justice, there's a lot of big and steep drops one after another.

White Ranch-Longhorn from ko saynourath on Vimeo.