mtbr member

Time to rebuild the shock?

I have an '04 NRS Composite with the Fox Float R rear shock.

Now, I'm not too sure if it's because I haven't ridden it in 6 months or if it's because I'm just not used to it or what...

But I took it for a spin the other day, adjusting the PSI to allow for no sag, but it seems a little softer than what I remember. I can now cause the shock to compress by pedaling hard or sitting down with force. I can feel the rear end compress around hard corners or hard turns.

Is this typical? Or is it time to get the rear shock rebuilt. It's seen a fair bit of use/abuse over the past two years...
    .nathan.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by nathasm
    I have an '04 NRS Composite with the Fox Float R rear shock.

Now, I'm not too sure if it's because I haven't ridden it in 6 months or if it's because I'm just not used to it or what...

But I took it for a spin the other day, adjusting the PSI to allow for no sag, but it seems a little softer than what I remember. I can now cause the shock to compress by pedaling hard or sitting down with force. I can feel the rear end compress around hard corners or hard turns.

Is this typical? Or is it time to get the rear shock rebuilt. It's seen a fair bit of use/abuse over the past two years...
    .nathan.
    Even if it's no broken, a little service wouldn't hurt after two years. Perfect time and excuse to send it to Push industries to get it revalved to your like, bike and riding style.
    Check my Site