Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 2662
    mtbr member
    Thanks!

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Thanks to Dirt Devil for send me the information of Colon Bycicle, yesterday I purchase this awsome bike, Giant Talon 1 27.5 2014 model. Right now I still looking to purchase some good pedals and a roof rack for my 2013 Nissan Versa Sedan.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by R0lan View Post
    Thanks to Dirt Devil for send me the information of Colon Bycicle, yesterday I purchase this awsome bike, Giant Talon 1 27.5 2014 model. Right now I still looking to purchase some good pedals and a roof rack for my 2013 Nissan Versa Sedan.

Looks good mate, can't go wrong with the Talon 1. If you are looking for flat pedals a few people have suggested the Wellgo MG1s, they get a lot of positive reviews.

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator

Now get it dirty, for platforms the Wellgo MG-1's are good and cheap but there are plenty of options out there; also make sure you pair the pedals to a nice pair of shoes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I found venzo mtb package in ebay, include the shoes with the clip pedals for $75 dollars, it is a good purchase or not ?

I found venzo mtb package in ebay, include the shoes with the clip pedals for $75 dollars, it is a good purchase or not ?
    Found this ones, Venzo Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Shimano SPD Shoes Pedals Cleats | eBay

Are those the ones you're looking at? Is a basic Wellgo pedal with the Venzo shoe, not bad to get started but let me tell you that those pedals will suck on mud.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Mounted a Specialized Ground Control on the rear this evening... So my 2.5 mile trek included street, sidewalk, dirt... felt fine. No drag, rode well. Now if they get me the Purgatory 650b for the front, maybe I'll fly down the hills again...

Probably jumped the gun my Mr Tuffy's are on the way...

Anyone use Gorilla Tape to seal the wheel?
    I brew the best beer around, don't believe me? Ship me a keg of your finest and I'll email a picture of me drinking it.

mtbr member
    Here's my little hybrid

Giant Talon 0 - custom, 2013, XL

Frame: Giant Aluxx
    Fork: Giant Seek Rigid Aluxx
    Brakes: Shimano M395
    Cassette: Shimano Deore HG62
    Chain: KMC X-10L
    Saddle: Vertu Spider
    Wheels: Shimano WH-MT15 wheelset
    Tires: Specialized Fast Trak 29x2.0
    Inner tubes: Schwalbe SV19
    Handlebar: Ritchey Pro Wet Black
    Stem: Ritchey Pro Wet Black
    Seat post: Syncros AM
    Crank: Race Face Narrow Wide 36T on Shimano T551
    Derailleur: Shimano ZEE
    Shifter: Shimano ZEE
    Grips: Ergon GS2
    Pedals: DMR V12 Magnesium

Last edited by rise000; 07-09-2014 at 11:51 PM.

squish, squish in da fish
    what's the a/c dim of that fork & weight, if you know?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    my talon 0 29er after the rs SID rct3 fork upgrade.
    Talon owners .....-20140705_113939-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    what's the a/c dim of that fork & weight, if you know?
    ATC is 445 and it's a little bit small for classic 100mm Talon geometry. Weight is 1kg...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rise000 View Post
    Here's my little hybrid

Saddle: Giant

Nice bike! Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dshoe70 View Post
    Nice bike! Out of curiosity, how tall are you?
    Thanks, 196cm (6'4)

mtbr member

Re: Talon owners .....

Hi guys, share with you my 2014 Talon 27.5 4. I changed the stem into shorter 50mm.
    Next project would be change of fork of 120mm. I will get the Epicon since it has 120mm travel and it's cheaper than other fork in the market.

mtbr member

/////

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I just got my Talon 5 27.5 yesterday! As most people on here, I'm also looking to upgrade my fork... but I REALLY like how the color scheme looks on the stock fork!

I'm planning on taking it to some nice trails this weekend. So, we'll see how bad this fork REALLY is... Overall, I like the feel of my bike so far - fits great! I'm 5'5 and I was in between a small and medium. I ended up getting a small because I wanted a higher seat post.

Oh ya - I love the green highlights on this bike!!

This is what I'm going to upgrade: M520 pedals and wider handlebars.

BTW the right thumb-shifter on this bike is a little uncomfortable as it's a little too close to the grips. Has anyone figured out a way to adjust it so it's comfortable?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi guys. I will buy my first bike Giant, a Talon 2 29er

TALON 29ER 2 | Bicis Giant / Giant Bicycles | Argentina

I Have some doubt about the framesize. The official reseller says that I need a "L", but other people say that the M is the correct. In myprevious bike, 26", I used a M (18) and was perfect!.

I´m 1.77 mts tall, and my isneam is 0.82 mts.

Can you tell me what size is correct for me?

Thanks!

if you like the feel of your old bike then measure the ETT and pick what ever size is closer, you can vary the stem size to keep the same reach on both sizes. i have a '12 talon 29" i went with large and ride it with a 70mm stem and then when i bought my '13 nimble 9 i bought an xl frame so i could run a 40mm stem and still keep the reach of the 2 bikes very close. i hope this makes sense and kops isn't all that, imo it's suited more for roadies.

to measure ETT, place bike on level ground. on a level plane measure from center of seat post to center of head tube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinner View Post
    Hi guys. I will buy my first bike Giant, a Talon 2 29er

TALON 29ER 2 | Bicis Giant / Giant Bicycles | Argentina

I Have some doubt about the framesize. The official reseller says that I need a "L", but other people say that the M is the correct. In myprevious bike, 26", I used a M (18) and was perfect!.

I´m 1.77 mts tall, and my isneam is 0.82 mts.

Can you tell me what size is correct for me?

Thanks!
    I am 1.83 mts tall, the Giant sizing chart puts me right between M & L but closer to M, so when I went to purchase I asked for a medium when I got back from the test ride the LBS recommended the L would probably be a better fit and after another test ride the L definitely felt better.

In saying that I suggest you follow fishwrinkle's advice as he knows more than me but all I am trying to say is to test ride both sizes and see which is better.
    Last edited by adr8; 07-15-2014 at 12:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I will buy it online, so can´t try them before...

Looking the chart, I´m just in the middle of the M size, for the Talon 29.

I use the bike to recreational porpuses and like a simple hobby, not to compete. Maybe that helps to define the correct size.

Thanks for the help!

Based on the chart you should be a M

yeah, what dd said. you're dead nuts middle, so unless you have some wonky proportions then definitely go with the M.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Who has done a singlespeed conversion with their Talon? I've been on a 1x9 conversion for a spell. Decided I might as well go full on cheap singlespeed. Then drop the weight with some lighter wheels when my budget allows.

Converting it to SS should be pretty easy, the problem that you'll encounter will be chain tension. There are some alternatives to resolve that issue, ENO hub, gear ratios, half link chain links or some sort of chain tensioner.

Back in my SS days I started on a geared frame, tried a singlerator and it was a bust; kept dropping the chain after impacts. Something like jumping the curb will make it drop. An used rear derailleur works and works better.

Then went with a 2:1 ratio, that worked until the chain stretched then back to dropping the chain.

Then went to half links, that worked a lot better but still had chain stretch problems and back to dropping the chain.

The solution was to get a frame with horizontal sliding droputs, problem solved and worked flawlessly.

It can be done but I would steer away from it.

so before the magical clutch rd era, i had used a blackspire bb chain tensioner on my talon to stop chain drops. i then got a shadow+ & ditched the tensioner to the parts bin. fast forward a year and now its back on the talon as a tensioner for ss use. no complaints other than it's a lil loud

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    so before the magical clutch rd era, i had used a blackspire bb chain tensioner on my talon to stop chain drops. i then got a shadow+ & ditched the tensioner to the parts bin. fast forward a year and now its back on the talon as a tensioner for ss use. no complaints other than it's a lil loud
    Those things work alright but how you deal with chain stretch? Keep adjusting the tensioner until it can't keep enough tension and then cut or replace the chain?

yeah it doesn't need to move more than a fraction of an inch. i've been running it like that for a year now and several chains without a hitch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I have a 2012 Talon 1 29er and I need information on the bottom bracket can anyone help on sizing?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I am thinking about ordering one of these
    Giant MTB Chainstay Protectors > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Chainstay Protectors | Jenson USA
    Does anyone know which size fits the Talon better? The small or the large? Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    CNCRob, I just took a failed inner tube, cut and wrapped it tightly. I took the idea from some mtb tips aussie in YouTube. Works great and was free...
    I brew the best beer around, don't believe me? Ship me a keg of your finest and I'll email a picture of me drinking it.

Don't spend on chain protectors, go ghetto.

Have used inner tubes and phone cords as chainstay protectors successfully; even hockey stick tape works.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeiFei View Post
    I have a 2012 Talon 1 29er and I need information on the bottom bracket can anyone help on sizing?

I would like to know the answer as well. I am considering a Sram X5 Crankset with gxp bb 10 spd 2x10 36t 22t but I"m not sure the compatibility of the bb. Hope someone can help us out.

Quote Originally Posted by bikephotog View Post
    I would like to know the answer as well. I am considering a Sram X5 Crankset with gxp bb 10 spd 2x10 36t 22t but I"m not sure the compatibility of the bb. Hope someone can help us out.
    Have been using the Truvatic Stylo with Mega Exo BB with no problems for over 2 years.

Original bb pic of the 2011 Talon 1

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikephotog View Post
    Put me in line as well for information on my 2012 Talon2. At 800 miles / 120 hours - I am at the point where I need to replace the BB, chain and brakes. Forgive me for being ignorant but there are so many different things to look at. My drive train is still stock 3x8 but I would like to go to 2x8. What are my options with crank sets? Will something like this work if I change the chain? Speaking of which, what kind of chain would I need?
    BlueSkyCycling.com - KMC X8.93 Chain

BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano SLX M675 2X10 Crankset w/ Bottom Bracket 10 Speed

Or would I be better off doing somethign like this?
    Shimano SLX M665 Double Chainset | Chain Reaction Cycles
    Shimano Deore M590 9 Speed Triple Chainset | Chain Reaction Cycles

I get mixed reviews on Elixer brakes, are the Shimano better? What about MOWA?
    BlueSkyCycling.com - MOWA MX1 MTB Hydraulic Disc Brake Set
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano SLX M675-B IceTech Disc Brake w/ Adapter

Again, thanks for any information. I just don't know what would work the best and I am trying to avoid going to the local bike shop.

Don't believe that anything 10spd will work with your 8spd due to the size of the chain links.

You need a 8-9 speed chain.

Prolly your best bet is to remove the big ring and put on a bash guard unless you want to replace the crankset instead of just the bb.

Stay away from "cheap" Avid brakes, the SLX work really well, have a good price and are powerful. MOWA is unknown to me.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob View Post
    I am thinking about ordering one of these
    Giant MTB Chainstay Protectors > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Chainstay Protectors | Jenson USA
    Does anyone know which size fits the Talon better? The small or the large? Thanks
    Think you'll undoubtedly need the large size.

For reference, I have a 2012 Talon 0 29er. I use a Lizard Skins chainstay protector on my bike. First, I bought their Jumbo 29er protector, thinking that's surely what I'd need. Wrong... Too small to wrap completely around the chainstay. So, I exchanged it for the Super Jumbo model. Then, perfect fit!

Lizard Skins gives dimensions on their protectors, on their web site. That Giant-brand protector you're looking at doesn't have dimensions shown though. Guess all you can do is buy the large, and hope it works. It might not though. Get the Lizard Skins Super Jumbo, and be done with it (unless you must have the "Giant" logo).

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2012 Talon 2 SS

Turned to the dark side (single speed) and loving it. 32:16 gearing. The Talon is weighing in at 24.8 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talon owners .....-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm a little confused, I have been trying to read through most of the post on this thread and I noticed that most people on the older post said they upgraded their forks to better aftermarket ones. Then I was reading on some of the newer post people said that nicer forks are hard to find on the 27.5 Talons. Were the older post talking about 29ers? I have a Talon 27.5 5 on layaway right now and was wondering if I would be able to find a upgrade for the forks. I haven't rode it myself yet but after reading other post they describe the fork as feeling the same way as the fork on my Giant Revel feels. So I would like to eventually be able to upgrade it if I ever wanted to. Also would either of these forks work with the Talon 27.5?

Rockshox Reba RLT 27.5" Fork 2013 > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA - Mobile

Rockshox XC30TK Forks - 27.5" - 2014 | Merlin Cycles

And would the Rockshox XC30TK Fork be a upgrade to the stock fork? or would it be about the same? Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm a little confused, I have been trying to read through most of the post on this thread and I noticed that most people on the older post said they upgraded their forks to better aftermarket ones. Then I was reading on some of the newer post people said that nicer forks are hard to find on the 27.5 Talons. Were the older post talking about 29ers? I have a Talon 27.5 5 on layaway right now and was wondering if I would be able to find a upgrade for the forks. I haven't rode it myself yet but after reading other post they describe the fork as feeling the same way as the fork on my Giant Revel feels. So I would like to eventually be able to upgrade it if I ever wanted to. Also would either of these forks work with the Talon 27.5?

Rockshox Reba RLT 27.5" Fork 2013 > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA - Mobile

Rockshox XC30TK Forks - 27.5" - 2014 | Merlin Cycles

And would the Rockshox XC30TK Fork be a upgrade to the stock fork? or would it be about the same? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Mine's a 29er. I didn't have any trouble getting a Reba RL for mine, when I did. Just a few weeks ago, we were swapping posts where someone with a 27.5er was not seeing much available in the way of fork upgrades. Dunno if that's still the case now though. If so, likely won't be that way forever, either. Might have to wait around awhile and see.

I recall reading where someone mentioned that they think the XC 30 wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to warrant going for it. I remember suggesting it to someone at the time because it was basically all there was to choose from then. If you can find Reba RLT now, for a good price, and all spec criteria you desire, then I'd say go for it if it's what you want.

I've looked at potential/feasible fork options for Talon over the past couple of years or so to know this (with pretty high certainty): All things considered, Reba is likely the best you can do regarding upgrading your OEM Talon fork. That includes price, bang-for-buck, availability, cult following, ease of use, peace of mind, etc.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Good price on that Reba RLT at Jenson, by the way. Didn't see straight steer mentioned in the specs, but the picture shows that. I'd be very tempted by it, if I were you...

mtbr member
    I quite like the xc 30 that came with the bike. I really like the spring over the air suspension. (don't flame me lol) My only reason for changing it would be the fact that it weighs 5.5 pounds or something ridiculous. My talon 0 weighs 30lbs stock and has since become my backup beater so I'll just wait for a good score for something lighter if it arises.
    Last edited by chuckeieio; 07-24-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks for the replies dshoe70 and chuckeieio

Good price on that Reba RLT at Jenson, by the way. Didn't see straight steer mentioned in the specs, but the picture shows that. I'd be very tempted by it, if I were you...
    I was wondering about it being a straight steer also. I tried emailing them to find out but it bounced back undelivered.

mtbr member
    Not sure if this was asked before but the talon 2 29er has a 44mm headtube right?

^yes

mtbr member
    Thanks buddy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rise000 View Post
    Here's my little hybrid

Saddle: Vertu Spider

I was very much pleased with 29er Talon 1 so I decide to try his "little" brother 27.5 1 LTD

It's stock for now except Fizik Tundra saddle, VP pedals, wider flat bar and Ergon Carbon grips.

Next will be 1x10 and maybe some Fulcrum wheels...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Which one would you choose and why?

Full comparison 0 LTD vs. 0 vs. 1 LTD:
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/ml57gl.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!
    Last edited by Qwerta; 08-22-2014 at 05:01 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerta View Post
    Which one would you choose and why?

Full comparison 0 LTD vs. 0 vs. 1 LTD:
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/ml57gl.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!
    Probably the Zero, based on overall blend of components.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

purchased this bike about a month ago. first trail i ride the tightening strap on the pedal rips off, so i converted them to flat pedals. im left with this pedal of death that chews into my shins or calves if i make one mistake.

Talon owners .....-670574.jpg

i mentioned i wanted to put wellgo MG1's on the bike and he claimed that it would be even worse on my legs than what i have now due to those little screw pins that are on the edge.

also yesterday i got my first flat, a pinch flat on the back tire due to running over objects instead of jumping over them. i was on the street and wanted to go to the sidewalk so i jumped the front wheel onto the sidewalk and the back tire just died. i dont blame the bike but... a sidewalk? cmon..

mtbr member
    Has anyone got the new 27.5 0?
    I'm thinking about getting one as a cheap run about for work till I get my reign.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BadPeopleSkills View Post
    i mentioned i wanted to put wellgo MG1's on the bike and he claimed that it would be even worse on my legs than what i have now due to those little screw pins that are on the edge..
    This is true....but remember that the MG1's provide so much more grip that your shoes will slip off the pedals far less. At least that's what I found. It's a give and take situation but I found the grip from the little screws way worth it for the occasional scrape to the shins.

i mentioned i wanted to put wellgo MG1's on the bike and he claimed that it would be even worse on my legs than what i have now due to those little screw pins that are on the edge.
    The MG1's will work well specially with 5.10 shoes but if you slip they'll tear skin away so will recommend you a set of shin guards. Actually, that could happen with any platform pedal with pins or screws.

mtbr member
    Had pedals that looked similar to those on my Hardrock. Swapped them with Wellgo MG1's and couldn't be happier! Get an inexpensive pair of waffle soul Van's. You will be peddling by that sucker that said they are worse on your shins.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdaddy View Post
    Get an inexpensive pair of waffle soul Van's.
    True but ones with stiffer sole like 5.10 and Teva are way much better, having said that any skate shoe with a waffle sole will work.

Used the MG1's with 5.10's and the feeling was like being clipped in.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    +1 for mg1s and 5.10s. I've had some pretty decent scratches but tbh they barely hurt.

So I'm looking for a shorter stem and some new tires for my Giant talon 27.5 2 some suggestions would be greatly appreciated, currently got rapid robs on which are starting to get worn out.

EDIT: Maxxis tires are currently 70% off at pushys.com.au so some maxxis suggestions would be great.

what terrain are you riding? maxxis makes some good tires and quite a selection. Mountain | Maxxis USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Anybody have pictures of their Talon modified?

I'm contemplating whether to upgrade parts on my Talon or to buy another hardtail.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hey, I ended up posting on reddit and got some advice from people that lived close to me.

Ordered a Maxxis Ardent Race 27.5x2.20 (650B) EXO 3C for the back, and a Maxxis High Roller II 27.5x2.30 (650B) EXO TR for the front.

Quote Originally Posted by rekon32 View Post
    Anybody have pictures of their Talon modified?

I'm contemplating whether to upgrade parts on my Talon or to buy another hardtail.
    Talon 29 or 27.5?
    Many parts on our 29s have been changed for the better.

Son's bike: fork, stem, handlebar, headset, brakes, saddle, seat post, seat clamp, cranks, wheels, tires and pedals. The only OE parts remaining are the mechs, shifters and grips.

Mine: fork, stem, handlebar, headset, saddle, seat post, seat clamp, cranks, grips and pedals. Still use the OE wheels, brakes, tires, mechs and shifters.

mtbr member
    I'm just getting into mountain biking. I've taken a lot of test rides this past 2 weeks on the Trek X-Cal, Superfly, Stache, Specialized Rockhopper, and Cannondale. My first ride was on a Talon 27.5 3. Coming from a Trek 800 Antelope, the 27.5 intrigues me. All of my test rides have been in the parking lot, except for the Superfly, in which I was able to take for a 2 hour ride on some trails during a Trek Demo Days.

The Superfly 29er seemed pretty big on the small, narrow trails.

I'm 6'2, 275 lbs. Would the Talon 27.5 fit my needs on the trails with my size, and does it really have almost the same capability as a 29er going over rocks and roots?

Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    I'm just getting into mountain biking. I've taken a lot of test rides this past 2 weeks on the Trek X-Cal, Superfly, Stache, Specialized Rockhopper, and Cannondale. My first ride was on a Talon 27.5 3. Coming from a Trek 800 Antelope, the 27.5 intrigues me. All of my test rides have been in the parking lot, except for the Superfly, in which I was able to take for a 2 hour ride on some trails during a Trek Demo Days.

The Superfly 29er seemed pretty big on the small, narrow trails.

I'm 6'2, 275 lbs. Would the Talon 27.5 fit my needs on the trails with my size, and does it really have almost the same capability as a 29er going over rocks and roots?
    Own a 29er and have demoed 27.5 so will talk based on my experience. The 29er feels slow to get started, the 27 is more quick; the 27.5 is more flickable; the 29er needs to be leaned on turns a bit more; both plow thru stuff real well but the extra height on the 29er lets you to get away with more.

Bottom line, if the bike is a hardtail 29er, if full susser 27.5.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    Talon 29 or 27.5?
    Many parts on our 29s have been changed for the better.

Son's bike: fork, stem, handlebar, headset, brakes, saddle, seat post, seat clamp, cranks, wheels, tires and pedals. The only OE parts remaining are the mechs, shifters and grips.

Mine: fork, stem, handlebar, headset, saddle, seat post, seat clamp, cranks, grips and pedals. Still use the OE wheels, brakes, tires, mechs and shifters.
    I have a 27.5 Talon 5. Sounds awesome! Do you have pictures? I hear a lot of people saying the Talon isn't worth the upgrade because of the straight steerer etc. But i personally think it's a solid frame to work on!

I have a 27.5 Talon 5. Sounds awesome! Do you have pictures? I hear a lot of people saying the Talon isn't worth the upgrade because of the straight steerer etc. But i personally think it's a solid frame to work on!
    Don't have any current pics but can take some if you really want to see them.

Son's bike: Marzocchi 44, Giant Contact 6*90, FSA SL-K flat, Giant branded FSA integrated sealed bearings, SLX, Selle Italia ProLink Gel Flow, Woodman micro adjust, Salsa, SLX, Mavic CrossRide, Schwalbe Rapid Ron and Crank Bros Eggbeater C2.

Mine: RS Reba RLT, Thompson 10*90, Giant Contact flat, Giant branded FSA integrated sealed bearings, Selle Italia ProLink, Woodman micro adjust, Salsa, Truvativ Stylo, Origin8 and Crank Bros Eggbeater C2.

It is a solid platform to build a nice bike, no doubt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Don't have any current pics but can take some if you really want to see them.

Son's bike: Marzocchi 44, Giant Contact 6*90, FSA SL-K flat, Giant branded FSA integrated sealed bearings, SLX, Selle Italia ProLink Gel Flow, Woodman micro adjust, Salsa, SLX, Mavic CrossRide, Schwalbe Rapid Ron and Crank Bros Eggbeater C2.

Mine: RS Reba RLT, Thompson 10*90, Giant Contact flat, Giant branded FSA integrated sealed bearings, Selle Italia ProLink, Woodman micro adjust, Salsa, Truvativ Stylo, Origin8 and Crank Bros Eggbeater C2.

It is a solid platform to build a nice bike, no doubt.
    Cool! Are they both 29ers? How do you like the Reba RLT? Probably night and day compared to the stock suntour fork!

Cool! Are they both 29ers? How do you like the Reba RLT? Probably night and day compared to the stock suntour fork!
    Yes, they are 2011 Talon 29 1's.

Night and day difference, hard to dial in thou but once you get it is really nice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Just bought a Giant Talon 2, 27.5. 2014 model, removed wheel reflectors; and the plastic pie plate behind the cassette! But, would anyone know how to remove the plastic chain-guard covering the chainset ? I think it may be a praise off? Or screws at the rear of the middle chain ring? Anyone removed one of these from the 2014 model talon 27.5 2.
    Giant Talon 27.5 2 Mountain Bike 2014 - Hardtail Race MTB

Buy Giant Talon 27.5 2 Mountain Bike 2014 - Hardtail Race MTB at Tredz Bikes. £594.99 with free UK delivery

£594.99 RRP: £748.98 SAVE 21% From £18.53 per month on finance (More info)
    Be the first to write a review
    Colour:
    Aluminium
    Size: Sizing
    Large
    Quantity:
    £594.99
    ADD TO BASKET

DESCRIPTION
    REVIEWS
    SIZING
    BUYING ADVICE
    DELIVERY
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostyn View Post
    Just bought a Giant Talon 2, 27.5. 2014 model, removed wheel reflectors; and the plastic pie plate behind the cassette! But, would anyone know how to remove the plastic chain-guard covering the chainset ? I think it may be a praise off? Or screws at the rear of the middle chain ring? Anyone removed one of these from the 2014 model talon 27.5 2.

Buy Giant Talon 27.5 2 Mountain Bike 2014 - Hardtail Race MTB at Tredz Bikes. £594.99 with free UK delivery

£594.99 RRP: £748.98 SAVE 21% From £18.53 per month on finance (More info)
    Be the first to write a review
    Colour:
    Aluminium
    Size: Sizing
    Large
    Quantity:
    £594.99
    ADD TO BASKET

DESCRIPTION
    REVIEWS
    SIZING
    BUYING ADVICE
    DELIVERY
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

I burned it off with a torch! I wouldn't recommend doing it. But it worked for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    That's a bit drastic! It will either praise off or undo via the inner cross head screws.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    lol i just torched a slit and then pulled it off. I didn't mean i torched the whole thing. I didn't have scissors at this moment and i was a bit desperate but hey it worked!

Cut it with an exacto knife

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Nice bike/frame to upgrade a bit, if that's what you're interested in...

Talon owners .....-20140608_153449.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Cut it with an exacto knife
    I removed it by praising the Guard a little on all four attachments to the chainset; that loosened the screws enough for me to undo them from inner part of the middle chainring. Was easier than I thought actually.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    People that have changed their stems, what did you go to ?

Also taking the chainguard off is easy, I snapped mine and bent my outer chain ring after crashing a few weeks back. Few screws and you're done.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Nice bike/frame to upgrade a bit, if that's what you're interested in...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140608_153449.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	920470
    Very nice!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    My new (one day old) Giant Talon 2, 27.5 2014 model .
    Stripped the plastic bits, changed pedals added bar ends; and flipped the stem. Ready to go,

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Couple more photos""""""

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hello guys..
    is there any way that i can get the giant talon logo?
    i mean the decal that is on the frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Hossein Bahrami View Post
    Hello guys..
    is there any way that i can get the giant talon logo?
    i mean the decal that is on the frame.
    Bike Stickers - Deals - chainreactioncycles.com‎
    Adwww.chainreactioncycles.com/‎
    4.5 rating for chainreactioncycles.com
    Bike Stickers Savings At CRC. 60% Off - Hurry, Sale Ends Tuesday!
    MTB · Road Bikes · City Bikes · BMX
    Giant Bike Stickers - amazon.co.uk‎
    Adwww.amazon.co.uk/giant+bike+stickers‎
    Low Prices on Giant Bike Stickers. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders
    Giant Bike Stickers Decals - ebay.co.uk‎
    Adwww.ebay.co.uk/diy‎
    Great deals on Giant Bike Stickers Decals. Grab a bargain on eBay today!

Search Results

Giant Bike Frame Decal Stickers - SwiftyStickers.co.uk
    SwiftyStickers Online Sticker Shop | SwiftyStickers.co.uk › Bicycle Stickers › Bike Frame Decal Stickers
    Giant Bike Frame Decal Stickers Sizes are as follows X-small 15mm Height 80mm Width Small 25mm Height 160mm Width Medium 30mm Height 200mm ...
    Frequently Asked Questions / Contact Giant - Giant Bicycles
    Frequently Asked Questions / Contact Giant | Giant bikes UK official website | United Kingdom
    Where can I get Giant stickers? Where can I get touch up paint for my Giant? Can I get new decals for my Giant bike? Where can I get a Giant poster? Can I get a ...
    FAQs - Giant Bicycles | United States
    FAQs - Giant Bicycles | United States
    Jump to Can I get new decals for my Giant bike? - ? Decals are the water-transfer type and are applied at the factory at the time of painting, then ...
    giant bike frame decals | eBay
    All categories
    6 items - Visit eBay for great deals on a huge selection giant bike frame decals. Shop eBay!
    giant bike frame stickers | eBay
    All categories...
    GIANT Bikes Bicicleta BMX set 13 sticker decal frame set adhesivos cuadro MTB ... GIANT BICYCLES Sticker Decal Cycling Road Mountain Bike CX Fixie Track ...
    7 results for giant bike frame decals - eBay
    All Categories
    GIANT BICYCLES Sticker Decal Cycling Road Mountain Bike CX Fixie Track Frame Rim ... Giant Mountain Bike Frame Toolbox Decal Sticker 2.5" x 13" blue.
    giant bike decals | eBay
    giant bike decals | eBay...
    Find great deals on eBay for giant bike decals and giant cycling decal. Shop with confidence.
    Frame Decals - Products - SpiralGFX
    Products - SpiralGFX
    Durable Intense 951 Custom Frame Decals ... Durable Glory Stars frame graphics kit 2010 Onwards ... Giant Glory frame graphics kit decals 2009 and below.
    Giant Bicycle Decals - Stickers - Transfers
    Giant Bicycle Decals - Stickers - Transfers
    This can be simply a colour change or a full custom design for your bespoke bike build. We supply stickers, decals or transfers for all types of bicycles and ...
    Bicycle Stickers And Decals
    Bicycle Stickers And Decals
    We supply a huge range of premium bicycle stickers to complete your restoration. Our decals ... Detail. Columbus DENTI Tubing Bicycle Frame and Fork Decals ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
    SponsoredWhy these sponsored results?
    Shop for frame decals for giant bicycles on Google
    Premium Quality Giant
    £3.99
    eBay
    Giant Vinyl Bike Sticker ...
    £5.00
    eBay
    wBMP053 Bike Frame ...
    £9.78
    Etsy
    wBMP052 giant Bike ...
    £9.78
    Etsy
    AdsWhy these ads?

Top10 Giant Bike Stickers‎
    Deal-Fox.co.uk - Price Comparison, Shop Directory & News Blog
    100% realtime price check.
    Find Giant Bike Stickers!
    New: Giant Bike Frame Decals‎
    www.giant-bike.supaprice.co.uk/‎
    SupaPrice™ -- Want To Save Big?
    Find Giant Bike Frame Decals Now...
    Cheap Giant Bike Decals‎
    uk.giant-bike-decals.best-price.com/‎
    Giant Bike Decals at BEST-PRICE!
    Over 2.500 shops & 3 Mil. products.
    Giant Bike Frame Decals‎
    sale-fire.co.uk/Giant+Bike+Frame+Decals‎
    Giant Bike Frame Decals up to 75% off
    Compare prices and save up to 75%
    Sale: Giant Bicycle Decals‎
    salebounty.co.uk/Giant+Bicycle+Decals‎
    Save on Giant Bicycle Decals.
    Compare And Save!
    New: Bike Decals Stickers‎
    Bike Decals Stickers - price comparison - saleando.co.uk
    Save on Bike Decals Stickers.
    Massive Selection & Ultra-Cheap!
    The Sticker Family UK‎
    www.thestickerfamily.co.uk/‎
    My Family™ Car Stickers
    What does your family look like?
    Giant Bike Accessories‎
    cycling.saledom.co.uk/‎
    Find Giant Bike Accessories here
    online and save lots of money!

I AM I AM
    So I have two lucky kids as these are their bikes which they got this year, the Talon and essentially the female version of the Talon (the Tempt).

Talon owners .....-wp_20140823_001.jpg

Talon owners .....-wp_20140823_002.jpg

Still shocked my kids are grown enough to fit proper bikes let alone 27.5" wheels, but these bikes even though low end spec are pretty damn good for the $$.

mtbr member
    Ha anyone tried to convert the rear dropout to a thruaxle type?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    very bummed. i cant go more than a couple miles on trails without my saddle turning into a bobble head. LBS has fixed it 3 times now, 3 miles later.. wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.........

mtbr member
    Muhahaha! Mashup!
    Talon owners .....-10629809_1488922854693661_8710799944548515544_n.jpg
    GTA
    Ontario

Replace the crappy seatpost, spend the extra money and get a Thompson.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    very bummed. i cant go more than a couple miles on trails without my saddle turning into a bobble head. LBS has fixed it 3 times now, 3 miles later.. wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.........
    Is it that the screws on the post head are coming lose? If so, some Lock-tite will fix it. If it is something else, please explain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I've started thinking of getting a dropper post. Most of my riding is on dirt fire roads or in the desert. I do very little steep downhill. Drop-offs are no more than a foot. I'll "jump" coming off a bump in the trail, nothing bigger. Is a dropper worth it? If so, what fits nicely on a Talon?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Talon owners .....

For what you describe, no dropper needed.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I've started thinking of getting a dropper post. Most of my riding is on dirt fire roads or in the desert. I do very little steep downhill. Drop-offs are no more than a foot. I'll "jump" coming off a bump in the trail, nothing bigger. Is a dropper worth it? If so, what fits nicely on a Talon?
    I did a bit of research on them a couple months ago. General consensus is they're not very reliable, and can be, for the most part, a royal PITA most of the time. So, I quit looking...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    The giant contact dropper is very reliable and at a great price.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Get a new seat! I got a seat and seatpost for (maybe) $50 out of pocket. Got an easton EC70 seatpost for $34 (without shipping) and a Vader saddle (selle italia replica) for $11 shipped. It's not super durable, but it's comfy and cheap. Which is also a good way to find something you like... They make replicas of a lot of high end saddles and they're only $11.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Anyone have the Talon 2015 27.5 3? It's on my radar, for sure!
    For an extra hundred bucks over the 27.5 4, it gets an Suntour XCM (vs the XCT), Alivio R/D (vs Altus), FSA Dynadrive Crankset (vs Suntour NEX) and a 9 speed drivetrain (vs 8 speed).

It's definitely intriguing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Talon frame, is fantastic at handling the trails, I have the rockshox 30, forks. On m Talon 2, I have changed the saddle though, bought a charge Spoon, Big improvement on my boney rear end

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Does anyone know where to order 27.5" Schwalbe Rapid Rob Tires from in the United States? I have searched but I can only find them in 26" or 29" sizes.

Does anyone know where to order 27.5" Schwalbe Rapid Rob Tires from in the United States? I have searched but I can only find them in 26" or 29" sizes.
    Did you tried ordering from their website?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Did you tried ordering from their website?
    Thanks DiRt DeViL.I did look on their website but it says they are out of the 27.5" size, figures. I did find them at another website online but the tread pattern appears to be different on their photo. My LBS was going to order me some but they said they don't make the Rapid Rob in the 27.5 size. Schwalbe list 27.5 on their website and Giant's website list the Talon 1 as having Rapid Rob's on them.
    Talon 27.5 1 (2015) | Giant Bicycles | United States
    Did they discontinue the 27.5 of Rapid Rob tires or something?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks DiRt DeViL.I did look on their website but it says they are out of the 27.5" size, figures. I did find them at another website online but the tread pattern appears to be different on their photo. My LBS was going to order me some but they said they don't make the Rapid Rob in the 27.5 size. Schwalbe list 27.5 on their website and Giant's website list the Talon 1 as having Rapid Rob's on them.
    Talon 27.5 1 (2015) | Giant Bicycles | United States
    Did they discontinue the 27.5 of Rapid Rob tires or something?
    Schwalbe Rapid Rob 27.5x2.25 650b MTB Tyre

schwalbe rubber is pretty soft and wear fast. what makes you want them? look at wtb trailblazer or wolverines, the wolves are on sale too

mtbr member
    Hi! Does anyone know here what is the inner diameter of Talon headtube? I want to upgrade my fork to 120mm with tapered fork. Understand our Talon comes with straight steerer tube but it's now possible to use tapered as long as you change the lower headset. Here is the video from youtube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91ps1jxFMjY

Quote Originally Posted by kalbones_01 View Post
    Hi! Does anyone know here what is the inner diameter of Talon headtube? I want to upgrade my fork to 120mm with tapered fork. Understand our Talon comes with straight steerer tube but it's now possible to use tapered as long as you change the lower headset. Here is the video from youtube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91ps1jxFMjY
    Id 44

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Can a 2014 or 2015 Talon 27.5 owner measure their 27.5 model's tires? I'm curious to know the exact height (stock tires, preferably). Or not, whatever.

Members who have read this thread: 144