Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Switching shock on '10 Reign...

495 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SkaredShtles 
#1 ·
Technical question - is there generally any "fit kit" necessary to put a different shock on a Reign? I'm considering getting an old 5th Element coil as a "backup" for mine but wanted to know if there are any bushing/spacers generally required when putting a different shock on. Or are they pretty much standard and I can just switch-and-go?

#2 ·
1) If I recall correctly, the piggy back on the 5th is pretty long - make sure it clears the Downtube under full compression
2) if the lower eyelet is the right size (without DU bushing) then you should be good.
3) Top hardware you can just use what you're using on your current shock (unless #2 is a non conventional size like the CCDB)

#3 ·
ThePunisher said:
1) If I recall correctly, the piggy back on the 5th is pretty long - make sure it clears the Downtube under full compression
2) if the lower eyelet is the right size (without DU bushing) then you should be good.
3) Top hardware you can just use what you're using on your current shock (unless #2 is a non conventional size like the CCDB)
Hmmm... #1 is definitely worth investigating. Does anyone know if a 5th Element coil 7.875x2.0 will fit on a '10 Reign?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.