mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Suspension bushing problem,Reign?

I had read in one of the mags that the 2005 Reign has suspension bushing problems that were addressed for the '06. Is this true and did Reign supply a kit for replacement or is it a return to manufacturer fix?
    TJ

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenit
    I had read in one of the mags that the 2005 Reign has suspension bushing problems that were addressed for the '06. Is this true and did Reign supply a kit for replacement or is it a return to manufacturer fix?
    TJ
    Giant use bearings not bushing and they've been well discussed here if you do a search... Giant don't take any notice of this forum so anything reported here remains unconfirmed heresay.. Giant should take a leaf out of manufacturers like IH and Turner books in that regard...

MBAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenit
    TJ
    If you arent having the problem yourself dont worry about it. Otherwise, take it to your LHS.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    After almost a year and close to 2000 miles, my Reign 2 has had no issues with the suspension bearings. Still rides like brand new!!

telemarc
    Jan 2005
    I have had no issues with my Reign after a lot of hard wet riding for the last 9 months. I do know of some trances that had to have the bearings replaced and one case where the bearing was frozen in and Giant sent a new rear triangle free of charge. I have gone through 2 X-Type Bottom Brackets though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by telemarc
    I have gone through 2 X-Type Bottom Brackets though.
    Funny you mention that, I've gone through 3 myself.

telemarc
    Jan 2005
    What do you know, Disposable BB's.