mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Stem Angle on 2003 VT1

Anyone know what the headstem angle is on the VT1 2003. It uses an Titec Big al but I am not sure what the angleation is? the frame is a 22.5

Thanks

Doug

Combat Wombat

I ride a 16.5" 2003 VT-1.

Quote Originally Posted by k0zu
    Anyone know what the headstem angle is on the VT1 2003. It uses an Titec Big al but I am not sure what the angleation is? the frame is a 22.5

Thanks

Doug
    I am pretty sure it is 5 degrees.

Brian

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

re:

Thanks Brian. I am thinking more like 8 but you could be right. I will measure it today with a protractor. I am trying to eliminate some wrist issues. The riding position is pretty aggressive and is getting into my neck and wrist.

I am very surprised at the Titec Big Al specs when compared to other companies like race face and Thompson. The Big Al plays right along with the best with respect to weight.

mtbr member

According to Titec's web site

The Big Al is either 0 or 10 degrees, check it out at http://www.titec.com/items.asp?deptid=2&itemid=18 or maybe they (Titec) manufacture an OEM version of the Big Al for Giant and other companies with a different rise but I doubt it.

Combat Wombat

Going by Titec's website....

Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    The Big Al is either 0 or 10 degrees, check it out at http://www.titec.com/items.asp?deptid=2&itemid=18 or maybe they (Titec) manufacture an OEM version of the Big Al for Giant and other companies with a different rise but I doubt it.
    I just measured mine and it measures 105mm and the angle is definately not 0 degrees, so I guess that makes it 10 degrees. Holding it next to and comparing it to the 110mm X 5 degree Thomson that I replaced it with, 10 degrees is probably right.

Brian

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Re:

yep...10 degrees. I am trying to eliminate some right wrist and hand numbness that includes a bit of meck stiffness that I am experiancing so this is whay I was curious.

I addes about 1/4 " of spacer under the titek and rotated tha bars forward. So I will se how this works for the old body.

Thanks for your input!

Doug

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k0zu
    yep...10 degrees. I am trying to eliminate some right wrist and hand numbness that includes a bit of meck stiffness that I am experiancing so this is whay I was curious.

I addes about 1/4 " of spacer under the titek and rotated tha bars forward. So I will se how this works for the old body.

Thanks for your input!

Doug
    1/4" additional spacing and rotating the bars forward a bit with the titec stem seamed to be the answer...man I love this VT1.I haven't rode the Yeti ARC in almost 1 week now. I will order a thompson 120mm 15 degree here in the next week or two.

Thanks for the input.

Doug.