Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3

spy shots new Giant DH bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    that is my next bike. That bike is sick.

mtbr member
    The curves on that bicycle are very supple and sexy.

Just Ride
    I'd say that would be very close to the re-design of the Glory frame for 09.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    does that fork say 909 on it and have a remote reservoir mounted to the right lower? Whats the deal with that thing?
    *2009 Canfield F1 Jedi
    *2008 Superco Charger
    *2008 Giant ReignX-0

Capricious youth...
    Good thing this isn't a complete rip off of DW link.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    This will be my next DH bike. I think it will be the 2010 model though which is a shame, the old faith will have to cope with one more year!

mtbr member
    Alot of Motor bike tech dribbling down to the MTB industry in no small thanks to Bos not 909. Its perhaps one of the best DH forks on the market...or should I say soon to be on the market and it has the incredibly high price to prove it, he he he.

Quote Originally Posted by jutny
    does that fork say 909 on it and have a remote reservoir mounted to the right lower? Whats the deal with that thing?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I saw that bike today Bos fork and shock. I have a picture of the guy from Giant telling me not to take a picture of it. Super cool bike. It belongs to Oscar Saiz.

mtbr member
    Do you have a picture of the bike that you were not supposed to take a picture of...? Sweet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2u
    Do you have a picture of the bike that you were not supposed to take a picture of...? Sweet.
    Kind of.

mtbr member
    well do you need me to ask and plead...please please please...post the smeg out of the pic, he he he.

Just so everyone knows, this is a 2010 prototype
    did you read the previous pages...? Its already known foxtrot,01-delta, he he he.
    Last edited by Sim2u; 07-31-2008 at 07:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Just so everyone knows, this is a 2010 prototype

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by epic
    I saw that bike today Bos fork and shock. I have a picture of the guy from Giant telling me not to take a picture of it. Super cool bike. It belongs to Oscar Saiz.
    I find that hard to believe - pictures have been out for awhile, thats clearly being displayed in public, and more importantly they (giant) have their top guys racing the bloody thing, what, they're gonna have somebody else ride down the course in front of them going "hey guys, don't look at this bike, don't take pictures, its supposed to be a big sekrit, everybody close your eyes..."

once you have your top racers riding a bike at a WC race, its public knowledge and theres gonna be pics of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    You don't have to believe it, but here's my pic of the guy who told me not to take the pic.

He also said that HQ was mad at them for letting pics get out at MSA.

btw - the saddle on the thing is ridiculous. It reminds me of those "two buns" saddles which I had almost erased from my memory.

mtbr member
    Nah...I want one. Great for racing I reckon.

Yeah I bet the HQ was a bit naffed but realistically Will is right in some ways in that Giant could not control the freedom of people and more to the point I know that they want a few pics flying around here and there so worry not.

nice sekrit pics too, he he he.

mtbr member
    I guess I could start saving my pennies now.
    Do we have a price yet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Here's another pic of the new bike.

My Brain Hurts!
    Gotta love it. "Don't take any pics of the bike" and yet they are plastered all over this site and guys are apparently using them publicly in front of dozens of reporters with cameras.....

Um, yeah....I think Giant needs an area 51 for bike r&d......
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

mtbr member
    I think all bike comps are the same...lol, or at least to one degree or the next.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Seriously guys, it's no biggie. If Giant really cared about us seeing he bike, we wouldn't have seen it. Spesh for example almost wouldn't let Christophe Saused ride the new Epic at the Worlds this year because they wanted to keep it under wraps. If it goes out and races, everyone knows it will be seen.

2010 Glory custom FR
    That's the pic from Littermag.

It is said that the shock is shorter than 240mm.

I have also been trying to get some info from Oscar Saiz... He didn't tell me any details, exept this: it (frame) rides at least as good as current, it's much lighter, it still can be improoved He also said BOS stuff "is OK"
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    The secret bike isnt very secret but it is is way more elegant then the Glory. Glorys look like a battle ship compared with that thing!!!

banned
    Good to see the design relationship between Giant and Merida-Specialized isn't that close.

mtbr member
    Im glad that the Rr triangle is very clean looking with the 'Y' intersection connection the bottom/top stays. Yet I still wonder if they may need a slightly more reinforced section to the bottom of the 'Y' intersection creating a kind of smaller bottom 'Y' section if I can use such simple terms.

The SPY shots are getting better, he he he. The new Saint brake rotors look nice but still too heavy, too much of a 2 piece affair (I do not get that at all) and too squealy for my liking, nice though nonetheless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast