mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc or Giant XTC 1

Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc or Giant XTC 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of these two bikes which one would offer an all around better ride? I have test ridden these two only in the parking lot so I don't know how they do on actual trails. Does anyone have experience with either of these two? They are about the same price and components are comparable so it all comes down the frame and how they ride.

Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=33092

Giant XTC 1 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/...in/1265/29357/
    Last edited by djembe975; 06-25-2008 at 11:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Does anyone have a 2007 or 2008 XTC 1? If so, I'd like to hear your input

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm looking at the same two!
    I was actually hoping to buy just the frame and build one up.
    They are both so similar...I don't know if it would make a difference....

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've tested the RH comp in the parking lot but have yet to really test out the Giant XTC 1 although when I was at one bike shop a customer had an XTC 2 and I asked him if I could take a look at it, all I did was sit in it and I was quite surprised that the standover height did not feel as high as the geometry on the site states. From what I hear, Giant frames are really sturdy and quite light aswell. As far as buying the Giant frame it is only available in the Aliance composite which is quite pricey and I haven't seen a RH frame only.

Scott is a tool.
    I was looking at the spec of the RH without having looked at the XTC 1, but i had an idea of the Australian spec of the XTC and my initial thoughts were that it was no contest, XTC all the way. I then looked at the US XTC and now i can say which to go for, but i can say that you guys get shafted with the spec compared to the Aussie XTC.

I'd say get the Giant, but change out the fork to a Rockshox Tora or Recon. If you really want to splash cash, go a REBA The drivetrain is a massive step up from the RH too. I've had 2 XTC's, still have one, and they're great bikes, you won't be disappointed.

If you decide to go with the RH, i'm sure that you will be happy, but with that spec i wouldn't do it.

Wal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah you guys seem to get your bikes with alot better comps... Damn you Aussies.! Maybe I'm living in the wrong country. I bet you have some nice trails over there aswell. I also noticed that you have different models like the Talon and Trance O, much more of a selection.