mtbr member

Some basic questions about my Yukon's crankset.

Hi, guys haven't been on the board much lately, and as you can see was never much of a typer on here. Anyway, I have a '07 Yukon and it has a lot of play side to side in the crankset. I'm assuming I need a new bottom bracket. Does anyone know what type of bottom bracket and BB tool I need to fix this. The crankset is a Truvativ Isoflow (stock). Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    I'll defer to others about the replacement parts and tools. However, my cranks were loose at one time, make sure they are tight before making major changes. Just need an allen wrench for that.

Good luck!

-Steve

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeRye
    I have a '07 Yukon and it has a lot of play side to side in the crankset. I'm assuming I need a new bottom bracket. Does anyone know what type of bottom bracket and BB tool I need to fix this. The crankset is a Truvativ Isoflow (stock). Thanks for the help!
    I would not assume you need a new bottom bracket until you make sure yours is tight. Your BB is a TruVativ Powerspline and takes a "normal" BB tool such as the Park BBT-22:

http://www.parktool.com/products/det...25&item=BBT-22

The BBT-22 can be attached to any 3/8-in drive socket wrench. Here is some help from Park on BB adjustment/replacement:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=94

Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Those Powerspline cranks come loose all the time if they aren't wailed on tight when initially built. My wife's Yukon has them and I check them regularly.
    Ride More