mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Should I buy a 2009 Giant Rincon?

hey everyone,

im purchasing my first MTB today and right now im looking at a 2009 Giant Rincon. Does anyone have any reviews on this bike? ive been searching, but havent heard anything about it. any suggestions?

A mean teen...
    Feb 2007
    What will your main use of it be?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    main use will be trail riding through the parks in nyc and then off road trails on the weekend.

A mean teen...
    Feb 2007
    Hmmm. The Rincon seems a little weak for off-road trails at the weekend, how about (if you can stretch your wallet) to a Talon 0?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon-RSX
    Hmmm. The Rincon seems a little weak for off-road trails at the weekend, how about (if you can stretch your wallet) to a Talon 0?
    well...this actually was a stretch from my original price range. the wallet is already pretty stretched out. lol. originally i was looking at a specialized hardrock, then started to look at a cannondale f7 and a gary fisher wahoo. i later then found the rincon at a great shop. the rincon seemed to have the best fit for me and i was most comfortable with. the shop was great, and a lot nicer and knowledgeable than the others. although the rincon wasnt the lightest of the bunch, i was still comfortable on it. i just havent read any reviews on the 09 rincon.

A mean teen...
    Feb 2007
    The Cannondale F7 looks like a great bit of kit for the money.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon-RSX
    The Cannondale F7 looks like a great bit of kit for the money.
    thanks for the advice, ill stop by the shop and give it another test ride....illl keep you guys updated