mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Shock setup / Giant Reign 2008

Anyone know what might be a good pressure rate to have for someone who wheighs about 70kg / 155 lbs in both the Boost valve (for Propedal I suspect), and in the big air chamber on the Fox DHX Air 4.0 on the Reign Zero '08 model?

I now have about 130 PSI in the Boost valve (125-200 it says on the shock), but how much in the other Air chamber? It doesn't really say anywhere, and not in the manual either...

Thanks a bunch.

squish is good
    I'm not sure what the range is but you should adjust it to about 25%-30% sag. Different riders at the same weight may use slightly different air pressures to get it right depending on how they sit on the bike. Just air it up to say 150psi and adjust up or down as needed from there.

Heres a video that shows how to check the sag level if your not sure how to do it, it's the same for any brand of shock.
    Bike good, work bad.

Giant Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by thorlock
    Anyone know what might be a good pressure rate to have for someone who wheighs about 70kg / 155 lbs in both the Boost valve (for Propedal I suspect), and in the big air chamber on the Fox DHX Air 4.0 on the Reign Zero '08 model?

I now have about 130 PSI in the Boost valve (125-200 it says on the shock), but how much in the other Air chamber? It doesn't really say anywhere, and not in the manual either...

Thanks a bunch.
    hi.
    to perfectly set the ammo,you must measure the sag

inflate the boost valve to 125 and set the propedal in the min position.
    then sit on the bike with the feet on the pedal ant then come down make attention to not compress the shock.
    now you must measure the distance between the o-ring and the airchamber of the shock.
    inflate the air in the preload valve to have a 25/30% sag depending on your riding stile.

now if you want a slower compression/more efficient propedal,inflate the boost valve as you prefer(you must make some test)
    I-GOP innovative good products on Facebook: GoPro Camera, Dimar-HBM carbonfiber frames, Rotor and more...