Thread: Shock Linkage

Doc
    Rider

Shock Linkage

Can I buy a composite NRS linkage online anyplace? I've spent a lot of time searching and have come up with nothing. I phoned my local giant dealer and he's checking on pricing/availability.

I purchased a NRS C2 on 'the bay" a couple weeks ago, it arrived with an aluminum rocker arm instead of composite. I'm currently in talks with the seller to try to recitify the situation, but would be helpful if I had a price and website I could point to to say... this is how much a replacement costs, that's how much refund I need.

You get the idea.

MBAA!
    I woulnt think more than 150$ for both sides. 70$ or so even if you know where to look. How much are SGF?
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

Doc
    Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    I woulnt think more than 150$ for both sides. 70$ or so even if you know where to look. How much are SGF?
    I don't know where to look, can you help?

What is SGF?

MBAA!
    SGF are longer travel arms. I was just asking anybody who knew.

I dont think anyone would really part out a frame, and whats more, a NRS composite frame. If you REALLY want composite you may need to look aftermarket custom sort of stuff. I would stick with the aluminum. Paint it black maybe? Nobody would be able to tell, the weight isnt a substantial difference.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    I was also thinking about getting the carbon rockers for my 03 NRS team. I think the only place they can be sourced is Giant themselves.

Let us know how you get on....and good luck

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    SGF are longer travel arms. I was just asking anybody who knew.

I dont think anyone would really part out a frame, and whats more, a NRS composite frame. If you REALLY want composite you may need to look aftermarket custom sort of stuff. I would stick with the aluminum. Paint it black maybe? Nobody would be able to tell, the weight isnt a substantial difference.
    Don't qoute me on this one, but the frame Doc bought HAS carbon rockers from factory. That means either the seller took'em out to sell them apart or he brok'em and he put some Al rockers on.

Doc want a source and price for the rockers so he can backcharge or force the seller to provide them. Doc is on his own right and should get the carbon rockers.

Doc--- I think you took the right apporach by getting to your dealer and get pricing and availability. I don't think anyone else would sell them.
    Check my Site

Doc
    Rider
    Correct Warp... Mine should have come with Carbon rockers. The e-bay seller used a factory picture in his advertisement, and a small resolution picture of his own. I asked for closer pics but he said his camera was on the fritz.

Just looking for a source for the factory rockers now. I have not yet recieved the phone call from the giant dealer with Gian'ts pricing on them. If I can not get replacements at a reasonable cost from Giant I might go with the SGF black anno arms. I'd REALLY like to have carbon rockers though, as most of the rest of the bike is XTR and carbon stuff.

In FACT, if someone here wants to trade me their carbon rockers for a set of SGF's, I might do that. I'll purchas the SGF's and send them to you, you send me your carbon rockers.... Good deal for someone looking to up-scale their rear travel.

mtbr member
    BTW SGF have said they aint making the NRS rockers anymore. They also said all they had in stock was red and blue rockers.

Could probably get SGF rockers in black 2nd hand tho?