mtbr member

Seat Height adjustment with Giant Reign!

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up about the 09' Reign. I just picked up a small Reign 2 for my wife. One thing I didn't realize was that there is very little range in seatpost height.
    There is only about 2" of adjustment with the seatpost that came with the bike. There is about 6" of insertion depth and RaceFace wants about 3.75" of minimum insertion for their seatpost. That leaves about 2.25" of adjustment. Now I am sure there is more depth for the larger sizes but I am a little disappointed because we ride some pretty steep stuff here in CO and it's nice to slam the post on some of the steeper trails.
    I guess I'll have to get a telescoping post for her or a quickdraw post.
    I just wanted to put that out there for anyone who wasn't aware and was in the market for the Reign.
    Last edited by wormvine; 03-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Giant Reigns need 80mm minimum seatpost insertion.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Honestly, once she/you uses a gravity dropper with handlebar switch and a 4" drop for a while you'll wonder why you waited so long.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fixbikeguy
    Giant Reigns need 80mm minimum seatpost insertion.
    Thanks for the info, That puts the range at about 3".

tardcore
    I'm lucky because my Joplin is the perfect height inserted all the way in and then I get the drop. Mine's a med.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    I'm lucky because my Joplin is the perfect height inserted all the way in and then I get the drop. Mine's a med.
    Yeah, It seems that the smaller frames have the insertion depth issue. Anything bigger than med is fine. She WILL be getting an adjustable post. 4" rise is all that is really necessary but I am waiting on some more reviews of the current crop of adj posts.