"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"

Rumor: 29er Carbon Full Suspension

Any news on giants up coming 29er carbon full suspension?

mtbr member
    Adam Craig tweeted a while back that if 2012 was the year of the road bike for giant, 2013 would be the year of the mountain bike. Im going to guess high end giant (re-branded DT-swiss) wheelsets, and a much bigger 29er line. Carbon anthem 29er, XTC advanced SL 29er, Trance 29er etc.
    Giant XTC Composite 29er, SID XX World Cup fork, AC Race 29 wheels
    Giant TCR advanced with Ultegra Di2

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaXC View Post
    Adam Craig tweeted a while back that if 2012 was the year of the road bike for giant, 2013 would be the year of the mountain bike. Im going to guess high end giant (re-branded DT-swiss) wheelsets, and a much bigger 29er line. Carbon anthem 29er, XTC advanced SL 29er, Trance 29er etc.
    The reps were all just in California for sales meetings and they rolled out some early 2013 or 2012.5 stuff on them. They are trying to be tight lipped but between what Adam said and the other hints it's pretty easy to read between the lines. A carbon anthem 29 for sure. I hope they do a Trance 29.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo View Post
    The reps were all just in California for sales meetings and they rolled out some early 2013 or 2012.5 stuff on them. They are trying to be tight lipped but between what Adam said and the other hints it's pretty easy to read between the lines. A carbon anthem 29 for sure. I hope they do a Trance 29.

Asked local rep and confirmed Adam Craigs tweet of a carbon 29er, Anthem for sure but no other info on any other bike...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think we will see everything a Sea Otter. They released pictures of the road stuff last year around the same time.

TranceX Rider
    now this is making my life harder Carbon AX29'r over Ripley! LoL! Though it's tempting as well to add another arrow to my giants quiver as much as trying out an entirely different suspension design!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    I would love a 29er Trance X

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

The XTC Advanced SL 29er...

Look at this. Fabian Giger posted this on his twitter. He is riding a 29er. Zoom in on the top tube next to XTC, it says Advanced SL... Also the seat stays are diffrenent compared to the standard Composite 29er...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    I would love a 29er Trance X
    was told "hopefully this summer" by the LBS, but they said it is coming... along with carbon Ax

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    was told "hopefully this summer" by the LBS, but they said it is coming... along with carbon Ax
    yep, LBS told me there is a good possibility of a release this year, both the carbon ax29 and trance 29. if the chain stays are a lot shorter on the trance than the ax29 there is a good shot that will be my next bike

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Just called Giant and the guy in the tech division said yes to the Anthem in carbon later this year but as to when the release date was, I had to get that from sales.
    So he passed me to sales and it was a complete different story at first. He first denied any knowledge of the bike, so I told him about the tweets from Adam Craig and Fabian Giger and then he started to change his story. He said they may be testing it but he couldn't (wouldn't) say anything about it nor deny if they would release the bike at the Sea Otter Classic this April. He would not tell me when it would be released nor if it would be a 2012 or 2013 model. But he did say if Craig and Fabian were tweeting any info. that there might be something to that and to just stay tuned... So much politics over a bike...

San Miguel Beer Drinker
    Apr 2009
    trance x 29er would be nice

what a joke
    How about a 6" travel 29er!!!
    blah blah blah

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    The BikeRadar article is promising, seems that 2013 will be the year of the carbon mtb.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Another Carbon to add to the list... probably too late to the fight.