NOJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

RP2 vs RP23 compression valving on Anthem X

Anyone know how the compression valving on the RP2 that comes stock on the Anthem X, compares to a RP23? The RP2 comes stock with medium valving. Would this compare to a RP23 high compression in the 1 setting? Any guestimates to what the RP2's valving equates to on the RP23 (High/Medium/Low, 1/2/3) would be appreciated.

John

mtbr member
    good question.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have an RP3 and haven't got a shock pump and was wondering if i could top up the pressure using a service station/garage car tyre pump ????????
    I read that the rebound is more important than the accuracy of the pressure but I think my shock is a little soft (bit too much sag) at the moment, it seems to dip a lot when i sit on it and my pedals clip things when i'm peddling on corners.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    NO ir803!! DON'T DO IT!!! Seriously, the air capacity of a rear shock is so small, it is far too easy to massively overinflate using a large volume pump. A proper shock pump can be picked up very cheap, and they allow you to fine tune the amount of pressure to get the suspension properly dialled. Alternatively, got to your LBS, and tell them that you feel the pressure is too low, and ask them to show you how to set the shocks up, what pressures to use, how to use the shock pump etc.
    When there are proper tools available, it is often worth not doing a botch job, would be a very expensive repair job. A shock pump will last you through many years and bikes. Or, you could get a riding mate to give you a hand if they have one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    point taken mate. I've only just built up the bike, i don't want to knacker it...so soon