mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Reverb Stealth Installation on Trance 27.5 3

I just received the Reverb Stealth post and can't figure out how to internally run the wire. When I remove the crankset, There is no hole that leads up through the seatpost to run the wire. I know how to run the wire through the downtube, but cannot figure out how to run it through the seatpost tube(sorry I'm a noob and don't know what to call it) If someone could describe how to run the wiring through the frame that would be great!

Your Best Friend
    What frame? Some of the Giants, it runs internally through the down tube, exits to go underneath and around the BB and then back into the seat tube.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    It's just the stock trance 3 frame. Wow, for some reason I didn't think of that! I appreciate your knowledge making up for the lack of mine! Merry Christmas!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I installed my Giant Contact Switch seatpost internally.

First I bend the cable a little bit to make the angle from downtube to seattube easier. I began with inserting the cable at the downtube, near the bottombracket, were normale the rear (and front) derailleur cable come out. There I pushed the cable towards the seattube.

Once it exits the seattube, I pulled it so that the cable enters the downtube. From that moment, push the cable gently up in the downtube. Unplug both rubber cablehole covers on the top of the downtube. Push the cable at the same level of these cableholes. Then use a screwdriver to lift the towards the cablehole. Collect the cable and connect it to the seatpost first, then insert the seatpost in the seattube, run the cable towards the position for the remote. add another 10cm to the cable length to ensure easier removal/servicing the seatpost.

Most awkward parts are the cable insert from downtube towards seattube and to grap the cable at the top of the downtube.

Good luck and enjoy the "clean" bike ;-)