mtbr member

Revelation on a Reign - anyone?

Has anyone tried this? I found such a good deal on a '05 Reign3, I had to get it. Now I'm trying to tweak it closer to the aggressiveXC/trail side of the all mountain spectrum than the DH/4-5' drop-off side. Granted, it's heavy, but it seems to climb about as well as my Trance, which I found to be a bit shallow and stiff in the rear. My Reign3 came with 130mm front travel and with the Revelation, I figured I could still have that for trail and DH, but crank it down to 120 or even 115 to raise the HA and get up long climbs easier.

Thoughts?

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    Has anyone tried this? I found such a good deal on a '05 Reign3, I had to get it. Now I'm trying to tweak it closer to the aggressiveXC/trail side of the all mountain spectrum than the DH/4-5' drop-off side. Granted, it's heavy, but it seems to climb about as well as my Trance, which I found to be a bit shallow and stiff in the rear. My Reign3 came with 130mm front travel and with the Revelation, I figured I could still have that for trail and DH, but crank it down to 120 or even 115 to raise the HA and get up long climbs easier.

Thoughts?
    Never felt the need to shorten the Rev while climbing, and that's with 2" riser bars... Often wished for more front travel descending.

mtbr member
    Well, we'll see. I've got 1.5" riser bars and the stock stem (seems to have very little rise angle). But, I've got the 21" Reign, so the HT is actually an inch taller than yours. Maybe that'll allow me to stay upright enough for the downs? I didn't notice the need for more front travel when I was on my Trance with the stock Duke (100mm), but, perhaps my style will change now that I have 6" in the back.

mtbr member
    I think the Australian version of the Reign 2 comes with a RS Revelation.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by craign
    I think the Australian version of the Reign 2 comes with a RS Revelation.
    Yes, the Australian R2s come with the revelation 426 on them as the stock forks with pop loc and 130 mm of travel.

They are fine for my type of riding, as I do not do massive drops, hucks or jumps. Mainly agressive XC. Not too heavy either, which is good for the ups.