Revel weight

Printable View

• 12-08-2012
    coling
    Revel weight
    Cheers!

Just got a 2013 Revel 29er 1, entry level 29er at an entry level price. I want to lose weight in the aftermarket without breaking the bank but I don't know exactly where I can get the best bang for my buck. I've already ordered Eggbeater 1's and am looking into an X-fusion fork.

Each time I try to research the specific components I cannot find weights within their respective spec sheets. Most factory components (stem, bars, post, saddle, etc) are the Giant Sport line. I'm curious where I can find these weights to compare to the aftermarket and what you might suggest as inexpensive weight-loss parts without sacrificing quality or safety?

If my question seems muddled I have had a few XX's with lime so I can clarify if necessary.
  • 12-09-2012
    rjedoaks
    You won't find weights for entry level components. Find a deal on a close out fork and be done with it. Losing weight is expensive and probably not worthwhile. I don't know what you payed for the bike, but you may easily surpass that in upgrades and still have a heavy bike. Replace as things wear out would be your best investment.
  • 12-09-2012
    coling
    Good advice, I agree the cost could easily surpass the price of the bike. I do wonder what components I could replace to drop a bit of weight though. Not everything I listed up above but maybe one or two of those are heavy from the factory or not as sturdy as they can be.
  • 12-09-2012
    rjedoaks
    Most of your weight has to do w/ the fork and wheels, and that crank is a boat anchor. Stuff like stem, seat post and bars are not worth it. Installing light rubber and tubes saves weight but again not cheap. Keep an eye on Ebay for some good deals.
    If you are looking for a part go to a specific forum . Specify what you are trying to do. Looking for a fork/ suspension forum, for some better advice.
    I would guess 500.00 could save you close to 4 pounds if you shop. 300.00 fork/ 100 cranks/100 tires-tubes