Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1055

Thread: Revel Thread

mtbr member

Re: Revel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thelate1 View Post
    Since the weather has gotten nice out, I've been back on my Revel. I'm still a noob to modding mtn bikes but so far I feel this has been a great platform to start with. I've abused it thoroughly and it's held up great. My biggest complaint is the forks and the brakes. I'd like to get a nice set of Rock Shox for it. Without taking my bike apart, I was hoping someone could tell me if I need the tapered or straight stem? Is there anything else I'd need to do the swap? As far as the brakes go, I'd love some recommendations. I know hydraulic disc would be the best so what are some entry level systems I can check out? Can I reuse my stock rotors or will they need upgraded to? Many thanks!
    Went not go through the suntour upgrade program, you can acquire a raidon air shock. $200, from what I hear it equals the rockshox recon silver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Revel 1 29er 2014 All Stock

My all stock - 2014 Revel 1 29er

Next is to upgrade the pedals, saddle, Shimano brakes ( will use Jagwire Orange Color).

I'll gonna use the stock fork of Revel until it retires.

Revel Thread-1614593_10201530331715659_1268706446_o.jpgRevel Thread-1655683_10201530327555555_895057292_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Just upgraded the stock handlebar and stem to a Crank Brothers Iodine Stem and Handlebar. The stem is 65mm and the handlebar is 700mm. I couldn't believe the weight difference between the stock components and the new ones. I don't know the numbers but it was easily noticeable in my hands.

Next up is upgrading to Avid SD 7 v-brakes with the Avid brake levers. I had considered upgrading to disc brakes but from everywhere I read the SD 7 brakes are pretty damn good so I'll go the budget route with this bike. Afterwards I'm thinking a Manitou Match Comp or a Manitou R7 fork.

Also for where I ride a dropper seatpost seems to be a necessity.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    wow, didn't know there's a thread for revel. i own a revel 0 ltd 26er 2013, bought it in april of last year. but been brutally abusing my revel since end of august. overall the bike is great, am loving every second spent on it. did a few upgrades on the bike, will be posting the picture soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I was just tinkering around with changing to a slacker headset on my bike, anybody know if that's possible on this bike? I have come across this Cane Creek headset. Any idea if it will fit the revel?

https://www.blueskycycling.com/produ...ck-Headset.htm

Cane Creek Angleset ZS44/ZS56 Zero Stack Headse

mtbr member

My revel 0

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Hello. I'm new member on this forum. I have been observing it for a while and now when I bought my 2013 Revel 1 I decided to join in. Your posts and upgrades are inspiration for me. Revel 1 is my first XC bike mainly because I was previously (and still am) enjoying bmx, street and dirt ride. Here's pic of my stock Revel, tomorrow I will change pedals and grips. Fork and handlebar upgrade are to follow soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Revel Thread-img_9417.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    change the fork !! thrust me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Revel Thread-moncho-revel.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monchorevel View Post
    change the fork !! thrust me
    Yeah, I'm ready thinking about it. I wanted to buy maybe rock shox xc30 or 32. Do you think it will be good? I heard that for this price the fork is quite good. If not what would you recommend? Btw, your bike looks sick! Great job!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have the rock shox reba, this fork is very good. The Fox is good too but expensive $$. If you want a good fork but economical the suntour epicon is very good. The weight of the fork is important to me because the giant revel is a little heavy bike and the original fork is very heavy +/- 6 pounds. Find a fork under 1700 grms for saving +/- 3 pounds of your bike.

mtbr member
    I have the rock shox reba, this fork is very good. The Fox is good too but expensive $$. If you want a good fork but economical the suntour epicon is very good. The weight of the fork is important to me because the giant revel is a little heavy bike and the original fork is very heavy +/- 6 pounds. Find a fork under 1700 grms for saving +/- 3 pounds of your bike.
    Thanks for advice. As I said I have already changed pedals and grips, I have choosen platforms because I'm really familiar with them and I like those a lot. Grips with lock-on. Revel Thread-img_9502a.jpg

mtbr member
    Ive been very pleased with my Suntour Epicon. Over 200 miles on it already and it still feels like new. I bumped it up to 140mm internally and it has performed flawlessly. If I had to buy another fork, for the price, the Suntour Epicon can't be beaten.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Guys I just want to ask if I can use my all stock Giant Revel 1 29er 2014 model for dirt jumps? Thanks!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

eff
    mtbr member
    The stock fork is not up for it. Mine died after a few months just trail riding in New England.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    The stock fork is not up for it. Mine died after a few months just trail riding in New England.

What fork did you use after changing the stock one? Do you just go on trails and off road? I want to set up for a little bit of dirt jumping Revel. What advice can you give me? Thanks!

eff
    mtbr member
    I wanted to get a RS Reba but didn't want to spend the cash. After a bunch of research I decided to go with the Manitou Minute Expert. I've been real happy with the fork. If you are really going to jump it I think you should be looking at a 15mm thru axle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I see.. Thanks eff. Also I am considering to change for an XT Groupset. G Revel 1 29er 2014 is too heavy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    Ive been very pleased with my Suntour Epicon. Over 200 miles on it already and it still feels like new. I bumped it up to 140mm internally and it has performed flawlessly. If I had to buy another fork, for the price, the Suntour Epicon can't be beaten.
    Hi SquirrelS can you help me out with the specs for your epicon fork? Mine is a 2014 29er revel 1 and thinking of changing out fork in the near future. I'm still not very versed on specs and havent found out what size, tapered, etc. would be the correct fit. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysalido View Post
    Hi SquirrelS can you help me out with the specs for your epicon fork? Mine is a 2014 29er revel 1 and thinking of changing out fork in the near future. I'm still not very versed on specs and havent found out what size, tapered, etc. would be the correct fit. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    My fork is for a 26er. You need a 29er fork with a non tapered head tube. I'm not really sure what Suntour offers that meets those requirements.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I got a great deal ($110) on a Rockshox Recon Silver TK Solo Air tapered fork. I know that the headset on my Revel 29er isn't tapered but felt the fork was too good of a deal to pass up, thinking worse case I could eBay it. I'm currently on the stock Suntour fork.

I approached my LBS about installation but was told that this fork isn't compatible at all with my headset. I asked if something from Cane Creek would allow the fork to fit but no one at the shop seemed certain.

I've looked at the Headset Fit Finder on Cane Creeks website but am unsure of what I'm looking for exactly. Is this completely impossible? If it is possible what exactly would I need to make it work?

Thanks for the help in advance. All of this is very new to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanqu1sh View Post
    I got a great deal ($110) on a Rockshox Recon Silver TK Solo Air tapered fork. I know that the headset on my Revel 29er isn't tapered but felt the fork was too good of a deal to pass up, thinking worse case I could eBay it. I'm currently on the stock Suntour fork.

I approached my LBS about installation but was told that this fork isn't compatible at all with my headset. I asked if something from Cane Creek would allow the fork to fit but no one at the shop seemed certain.

I've looked at the Headset Fit Finder on Cane Creeks website but am unsure of what I'm looking for exactly. Is this completely impossible? If it is possible what exactly would I need to make it work?

Thanks for the help in advance. All of this is very new to me.
    It seems like I remember reading about a headset that would allow a tapered fork to work in a non tapered head tube, but I've never read about anything that does the opposite. You might want to try and find a headset reducer. The steerer tube on non tapered forks is 1 1/8 and the tapered head tubes start at 1 1/5 and then taper to 1 1/8 at the top.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    It seems like I remember reading about a headset that would allow a tapered fork to work in a non tapered head tube, but I've never read about anything that does the opposite. You might want to try and find a headset reducer. The steerer tube on non tapered forks is 1 1/8 and the tapered head tubes start at 1 1/5 and then taper to 1 1/8 at the top.
    Thanks for the reply. I ran across this guy on youtube that made it work but I can't really tell what all he used in the video or what exactly I would need to order. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ps1jxFMjY

Can anyone tell?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hey guys,

First post here but I've been lurking quite a bit on and off.....

Got a 2013 revel 3 frame for free from a local guy but it's missing a few things that I plan to upgrade.

Long story short, I need front and rear wheels/hubs. Can anyone help with what hubs/skewers I need for the rear dropouts. I'm planning on upgrading the fork which I see will dictate what front hub I need. Thanks for any help! Will post some pics when I'm closer to being done with it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

I just want to share my new epicon fork and new set of pedals to match the color of the fork. Next is to change the groupset.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Any good groupset suggestions for Revel 29er? Thanks!

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast