Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1095

Thread: Revel Thread

mtbr member

Re: Revel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    Yes. My friend has it and it is nicer and more plush than my rockshox recon silver.
    Good to hear, I guess I'll use the upgrade program then. Hopefully I'll find someone local if I need to service my fork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

mtbr member

Yes. My friend has it and it is nicer and more plush than my rockshox recon silver.
    Ok, so if its better will I need an air pump for the raidon to adjust for sag for my weight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by infes7 View Post
    Ok, so if its better will I need an air pump for the raidon to adjust for sag for my weight?

Yes, but a good shock pump is only $25, and is a great thing to own.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Crannon View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Just converted my front tire to ghetto tubeless conversion. Used a 24 inch tube, whole 2oz bottle of stans sealant, and a lil bit of gorilla tape. My hand pump wouldn't air it up. So I went a block away to the store and used their air compressor. Aired it to 40psi for now to make sure it holds. If it does, which I think it will I'll drop it to 28-30psi. So all the folks with stock tire and rims on our revel 29er, it does work!

Here is the link I followed.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19...tricks-240026/

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hi everyone Revel people !!

I'm new in this forum. I have a 2013 giant revel 1 small white/blue/black with some mods.

My bike weighted 32 lbs. new and now 24.8 lbs. without pedals.

I really like my revel.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

my bike

Revel Thread-imga0331.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    What did you swap for 7 pounds!?! Tires I assume? Lighter fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Some mods are:

fork rock shox reba rl
    Wheelset mavic crossride
    tires kenda kosmic lite
    crankset xt
    handlebar Easton carbon
    stem and seatpost raceface
    shifters lx
    front der deore
    rear der xt
    seat specialized avatar gel

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Now it makes sense, those are some serious upgrades! Very nice Revel.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The original fork sontour is very heavy, I think 6 pounds, the reba is 3.3

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by monchorevel View Post
    Some mods are:

fork rock shox reba rl
    Wheelset mavic crossride
    tires kenda kosmic lite
    crankset xt
    handlebar Easton carbon
    stem and seatpost raceface
    shifters lx
    front der deore
    rear der xt
    seat specialized avatar gel
    Very nice chief! Finally some mods I can stand by. New tires for me soon, then easton cf bars, then raidon forks. Hopefully my fat piggy, will drop down atleast under 30lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Change your fork to a Fox or rockshox reba or suntour epicon (more cheaper) any fork below 4lbs and you down the 30lbs

mtbr member

Change your fork to a Fox or rockshox reba or suntour epicon (more cheaper) any fork below 4lbs and you down the 30lbs
    Thought the raidon was cheaper than the epicon? Raidon is also an air fork

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Today I install a new esi chunky grips and feels goodRevel Thread-imga0340.jpg

mtbr member
    ^ good looking bike! enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Hi everyone Revel people !!

I'm new in this forum. I have a 2013 giant revel 1 small white/blue/black with some mods.

My bike weighted 32 lbs. new and now 24.8 lbs. without pedals.

I really like my revel.
    I can believe that! Feels like a totally different bike right? I lost a good 5 lbs off the bike and it felt awesome. Still have plenty of "stock" parts left that i could change to reduce more weight.

Click on my signature to see what I have done to my Revel.
    Last edited by ericgautier; 12-23-2013 at 10:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    YES !! Its like another bike, when you down the weight you feel it, really feel in the long uphill's.

mtbr member
    Just got my bike back from the LBS, had them install the SLX rear derailleur I ordered online for only 50 bucks(on sale). Shifts like butter now, no more ghost shifting. Ordering the carbon Easton handlebars now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mtbr member

YES !! Its like another bike, when you down the weight you feel it, really feel in the long uphill's.
    Could you give me a bit more info aboit our bb and crank? Looking to upgrade these as well. But there are so many options, I'd like to buy the correct sizes.

mtbr member
    Could you give me a bit more info aboit our bb and crank? Looking to upgrade these as well. But there are so many options, I'd like to buy the correct sizes.

this is my setup (1x10)

Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M663 10 Speed
    Crankset: Race Face Ride Single Speed, 170mm, 32T
    Chain Guide: MRP Mini G2 w/ Race Face ISCG Adapter Plate
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 1
    Bottom Bracket: Race Face Ride External BB, 68/73mm
    Rear Cogs: Shimano SLX CS-HG81 10 Speed, 11-36 Teeth

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    this is my setup (1x10)

Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX M663 10 Speed
    Crankset: Race Face Ride Single Speed, 170mm, 32T
    Chain Guide: MRP Mini G2 w/ Race Face ISCG Adapter Plate
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 1
    Bottom Bracket: Race Face Ride External BB, 68/73mm
    Rear Cogs: Shimano SLX CS-HG81 10 Speed, 11-36 Teeth
    Just installed the non clutch SLX M662 derailleur, it's not 10spd. So I may stick to 8/9 spd, and just get a better 9spd cassette and SLX right shifter. As for the crankset/bashguard/chainguide, I'll scan CL, ebay, and various sites for good deals. But what size for the chain guide?

mtbr member
    Just installed the non clutch SLX M662 derailleur, it's not 10spd. So I may stick to 8/9 spd, and just get a better 9spd cassette and SLX right shifter. As for the crankset/bashguard/chainguide, I'll scan CL, ebay, and various sites for good deals. But what size for the chain guide?

There are a lot of options as far as chain guide goes. For the Revel, I suggest a BB mounted or high/low clamp (depends on your needs). I went w/ the ISCG tab mounted route, but knowing what I know now, I definitely would have opted for a BB mounted one.

Some choices here - Components > Drivetrain > Chain Tensioners and Guides | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Revel Thread-1d3_6463.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    very nice

mtbr member
    Anyone have any experience with the new revel 29er? Thinking of buying one this weekend

TREESNIPER

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyreed View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the new revel 29er? Thinking of buying one this weekend

TREESNIPER
    I have a '14 revel 29er. It's a great starter bike, already upgraded pedals(fyxation gates slim), grips(ergon), SLX RD, ghetto tubeless conversion.

mtbr member
    Does it have the lockout?

TREESNIPER

mtbr member

Does it have the lockout?

TREESNIPER
    No, the stock suntour forks that comes on this bike doesnt. But search on this forum for the suntour upgrade program granted you're in the USA. $190 for the raidon with lockout.

mtbr member
    very nice
    Thanks. Still have plenty of stock parts to change over.

mtbr member
    No, the stock suntour forks that comes on this bike doesnt. But search on this forum for the suntour upgrade program granted you're in the USA. $190 for the raidon with lockout.

Yeah, I would just enjoy the stock fork until it is a limiting factor and/or needs replacing. Then go w/ the Suntour upgrade program.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Today I install a new esi chunky grips and feels goodClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGA0340.JPG 
Views:	855 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	852355
    How do you like the wheels? They look great and Price Point has them for 239 plus 15% off and free shipping. Please talk me out of getting them because I don't really need them right now.

mtbr member
    Well I have a confession...I haven't ridden my revel since I bought a full suspension. I want to ride it again but the rockshox dart is just sooo bad it would be like riding a rigid. I am thinking about putting some money into it and then maybe selling it. Not really sure what I should do with it. It just hangs on the wall.

mtbr member
    Anyone have any pics of the new one?

TREESNIPER

mtbr member
    Wanting to buy a bike this week.have it narrowed down to the revel 29, cannondale trail 5 29, rock hopper or hard rock disc..lol the giant is the most cost saving but would love some feedback and opinions/pics..thanks all..

TREESNIPER

mtbr member
    Well I have a confession...I haven't ridden my revel since I bought a full suspension. I want to ride it again but the rockshox dart is just sooo bad it would be like riding a rigid. I am thinking about putting some money into it and then maybe selling it. Not really sure what I should do with it. It just hangs on the wall.
    A rigid ss Revel?

mtbr member
    Wanting to buy a bike this week.have it narrowed down to the revel 29, cannondale trail 5 29, rock hopper or hard rock disc..lol the giant is the most cost saving but would love some feedback and opinions/pics..thanks all..

TREESNIPER
    Have you ridden all of the bikes? If not, I would highly suggest you go out and ride as much as you can then choose the best one you feel comfortable in. Parts can be changed over time.

Rockhopper has hydraulic brakes vs mechanical on the others.

mtbr member
    I have rode them actually the giant talon 4 27.5 is the one I like the best...

TREESNIPER

mtbr member
    Talon is a good starter bike. I say go for it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I was wondering if the revel 3 was compatible with disc brakes, if you upgrade the fork and wheel set.

mtbr member
    2013 SR Suntour Epicon X2 MTB Fork 100mm Remote Lockout White Mountain Bike:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors
    Just wondering if anyone knows if this fork can be converted to 120mm internally. I read that it can be adjusted internally from 80-140, but I'm having a hard time believing that.

Is there any difference between these two forks? One is listed as an RLD. The other isn't. They don't provide very many details.
    2012 13 SR Suntour EPICON X2 RLD MTB Fork 100mm Disc Remote Lockout Black:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

Here's where I read that it can be converted. Looks to be the same fork from the pictures.
    Adjusting the travel on the Suntour Epicon X2 | MUDDYGOOSE

Edit: went ahead and ordered it. Can't wait to get it and open it up. I added some traction pins and painted the pedals white on my Revel.

Rockshox recon should be on as soon as I get my epicon.
    Last edited by SQUIRRELSHOOTR; 01-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.

mtbr member
    My cousin's friend upgraded his brakes this weekend to X0's and gave me his 2year old avid juicy ultimate 7. Just installed and taking to the lbs tomorrow morning to get bled and adjust since the levers feel weird.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions maybe someone can answer. I've tried searching and googling but have found no answer.
    I'm looking at buying a '13 Revel 1. It's got the 26" wheels and I was wanting to convert to 650B/27.5. I cannot find anyone who has done it, or measurements. I know I need approx 14" from the rear wheel axle to seat stay, and 14" from axle to fork bridge...anyone know the measurement? Or if anyone has been able to install the 650Bs?
    I tried the 29er but didn't like it, too bulky. I rode a Talon 27.5 and really liked it. This Revel I found is brand new and I can get it for around $300, so I'm cool with buying a new wheel set and upgrading the fork and still not spending a ton of money. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Well I went ahead and swapped the fork over from the Scott. The bike probably lost a pound and feels a lot softer. And it looks sweet. The steerer was a lot shorter than u thought and it barely fit. Getting the crown races off was a pain. Somehow, the steerer tube on the Dart started rusting.
    The 110mm of travel makes it feel more confident in the corners. Less of a feeling that the front wheel wants to flop over.

mtbr member
    Well the American based seller I bought my epicon from is shipping it from Taiwan. Said 4-6 days. Now I'm waiting a couple more weeks. Great. Might be buying some hydros soon to finish the hardtail.

mtbr member
    Just installed Easton xc low rise carbon fiber handlebars. Man these are light as hell, wider too! Can't wait till tomorrow morning to ride!

mtbr member
    Well I went ahead and swapped the fork over from the Scott. The bike probably lost a pound and feels a lot softer. And it looks sweet. The steerer was a lot shorter than u thought and it barely fit. Getting the crown races off was a pain. Somehow, the steerer tube on the Dart started rusting.
    The 110mm of travel makes it feel more confident in the corners. Less of a feeling that the front wheel wants to flop over.
    She's looking good man!

mtbr member
    Buddy of mine upgraded his drivetrain this weekend, gave me the take off. XT clutch derailleur, XT shifters, sram 1070 cassette. Taking my bike to the shop after my son's nap. Next week I'm going order the Raceface crank narrow wide.

mtbr member
    It's been almost half a year since I posted last but I'm thrilled this thread is still going strong. To bring up to speed from my last post: I'm an uncle for the first time, my Seahawks won the Super Bowl, I never ended up getting a FS over the Revel, and I just bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. It is probably the best car I could have bought.

Revel has been sitting patiently for me to stop snowboarding and drinking too much beer and that time is now. I just took it out of the shop for air, lube, visuals and she is as good as the last time I rode. Early in this thread you can see all of the things I have swapped from stock (maybe only ericg has me beat on this thread) but after putting cash away I have some big plans for her this spring. Mostly looking at a Fox CTD fork, Shimano Hydro brake kit and a new wheel set (not sure which). I put a new RS fork on last summer so if I swap I'm happy to send mine out for a steal to a fellow Reveler.

Cheers, feels good to be back.

mtbr member
    Anyone have the weight for our wheelset? Looking into getting lighter wheels.

mtbr member
    I broke into it a bit on page 2. Hopefully some of it is helpful for you. If you get a new wheel set please share! Cheers.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast