Thread: Revel Thread

mtbr member
    Been happy with my camelback mule.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    How much did the RD hanger cost ya?

Level 5 Rider!
    I would be crying if that were my bike and it wouldn't be because of sore ribs.. well maybe it would be both. :P

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    snap right off where it bolts on and the housing bent into the sprockets.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckeieio View Post
    ^ That'll buff right out.

How's the ribs Dave?
    they are killing me. haha

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    How much did the RD hanger cost ya?
    the new one I ordered was $25 shipped its just a updated version of the one that broke. dont know how much a bike shop will charge to install it though. haha

mtbr member
    You should be able to install the RD hanger yourself. It's 2 bolts.. Pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    You should be able to install the RD hanger yourself. It's 2 bolts.. Pretty easy.
    but don't I have to take the chain off too?

mtbr member
    but don't I have to take the chain off too?
    no need to take the chain off.

mtbr member
    Here's a good video..

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Here's a good video..

thats a good video I didnt know you could just replace the hanger part. unfortunately for mine the housing that has the the flywheels is bent over them and unrepairable so I had to get a whole new derailer all together and then have to get it installed once it comes in. I wish it was just the hanger and good to know though you can replace just that if thats the only problem.

mtbr member
    OH! New rear derailleur.. damn. Yeah, for a new derailleur.. you need to take the chain off.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Been happy with my camelback mule.
    The Mule is awesome! that was the one I had before it got stolen. was a great pack.

mtbr member
    OH! New rear derailleur.. damn. Yeah, for a new derailleur.. you need to take the chain off.
    Derailleur can be replaced without taking off the chain. All you have to do is take off the pulleys on the derailleur and then slip the chain in.

mtbr member

Re: Revel Thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Got some more stuff in. Just waiting for the park tool cassette tool.

Chain whip/pedal wrench combo, cassette, and a Cateye Velo 7 bike computer.

Saw this Nissan Silvia this morning. It was the purple and orange one used for filming Tokyo Drift.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    took my bike in today although I wont be able to ride it most likely for a while but I took it in for the repairs and is only going to cost $20 for labor and also they are going to true my wheels. I don't know if they need them but after a fall like that its probably best to get them trued. anyhow its nice to know my bike will be ready when I am able to ride again and I can't wait!

Level 5 Rider!
    Heal fast Dave!

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Revel levels? Are the frames all the same, just with better forks and components?
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Revel levels? Are the frames all the same, just with better forks and components?
    I believe you are correct.
    More info here - Bike Finder - Giant Bicycles | United States

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hello all. Just stopping is to see whats up. I just picked up a 2014 Revel 29er. So far it seems like a pretty sturdy bike. Sucks I can't find any info on Giants site yet. It is the same color as the 2013 Revel 29er 1. The Black/Black/White. I am thinking of doing a fork upgrade through sun so I can get a lock out and a better fork. The mechanical disc work good, however they seem a little week compared to fluid discs. I will keep reading and update as I can.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for posting Fowler.
    I saw a 2014 Revel at my LBS the other day - cool looking ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    Thanks for posting Fowler.
    I saw a 2014 Revel at my LBS the other day - cool looking ride.
    What color was the 2014? As I look at the website my bike looks like the Revel 29er 0,
    but spec wise it is the 29er1.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    Hello all. Just stopping is to see whats up. I just picked up a 2014 Revel 29er. So far it seems like a pretty sturdy bike. Sucks I can't find any info on Giants site yet. It is the same color as the 2013 Revel 29er 1. The Black/Black/White. I am thinking of doing a fork upgrade through sun so I can get a lock out and a better fork. The mechanical disc work good, however they seem a little week compared to fluid discs. I will keep reading and update as I can.
    post lots of pics

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I had to order a new saddle. my buddie who was helping me lift my bike into the truck since my rib is jacked up he scraped the saddle super hard on the concrete ripping it up. luckily I got the saddle used for $40 I think but I got a replacement brand new this time so cost me $120 its a slightly updated version of the one I had so its a little more durable too. wont let anyone touch my bike anymore now thats for sure but I just couldn't get it with my rib.

Revel Thread-233984_22670_xl.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    Welcome to the Revel thread. Post away and we'll try and help/answer as best we can. Enjoy the bike and post lost of pics in here.

mtbr member
    Dropped the bike off the LBS this past Friday to get the wheels "trued". After the crash, the wheels were wobbling pretty good. Luckily the wheels are still covered under the "lifetime" service plan I got at the LBS since I have not changed those out yet.

But in the future, I am thinking about picking up a truing stand. Anybody have any recommendations?

Level 5 Rider!
    Picking up a sticker soon to change my 4 to a 1... lol.

Kidding
    You earn 1000 exp!
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member

Kidding
    Why not a 0??

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    If I had known about this, I would have saved my zero sticker - for some reason I felt compelled to remove it from my bike this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hi everyone. New to the thread. I have been pricing Revels and am looking to make purchase in the next few weeks.
    I had a Schwinn Homegrown that I got rid of a few months ago and now the bug is biting me again.
    I have been looking at Krunk Krackers setup and I plan on following his lead on some stuff. Lots of great bikes on here and I love the photo documentation guys.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPar5 View Post
    Hi everyone. New to the thread. I have been pricing Revels and am looking to make purchase in the next few weeks.
    I had a Schwinn Homegrown that I got rid of a few months ago and now the bug is biting me again.
    I have been looking at Krunk Krackers setup and I plan on following his lead on some stuff. Lots of great bikes on here and I love the photo documentation guys.
    Welcome to the Revel thread! Just post away and we will try to help as best we can.

mtbr member

Kidding
    When I attended a Giant demo day.. they had "names" for each bike. IE: Each Trance had names starting with a letter "T".

Thinking of giving my Revel a name now. I think I will call her "Rihanna".

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    When I attended a Giant demo day.. they had "names" for each bike. IE: Each Trance had names starting with a letter "T".

Thinking of giving my Revel a name now. I think I will call her "Rihanna".
    I just named mine a few weeks ago because all my buddies where giving names so I named mine "Norah" haha

mtbr member
    I just named mine a few weeks ago because all my buddies where giving names so I named mine "Norah" haha
    haha awesome!

mtbr member
    I had no idea the 2014 revel was out already :l

Got some new bars off ebay. Only installed once. I love them!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaney Boogz View Post
    I had no idea the 2014 revel was out already :l

Got some new bars off ebay. Only installed once. I love them!

bar looks good! wider from stock?

mtbr member
    Oh yeah. About an inch on both sides. They feel really wide but I like them a lot

Level 5 Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    Why not a 0??
    Cause everyone would be like why is there a noob on a 0?

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    If I had known about this, I would have saved my zero sticker - for some reason I felt compelled to remove it from my bike this weekend.
    lol. I wonder how many people would actually figure it out. This makes me think I had better pay attention if I ever buy a used bike with a number. lol.
    You earn 1000 exp!
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member
    MAN! I leave you guys for 2 weeks and all sorts of cray stuff happens (dude has a blow-up and leaves forever, wheels are getting smashed, ribs are getting cracked, RD's are failing everywhere and 2014's are showing up!). I gotta stay with the times. Thread is staying busy though, I like it. I haven't been out since last week but I'm doing Olympic National Forest on Sunday can't wait. contemplating the quick hydro brake swap before I go... but that would just steal $$ from what I'm already holding aside for my FS. I'm holding out because I got a salmon fishing trip in Alaska 8/1-8/4 and I just fronted the cash for my brother's bachelor party in Vegas so... priorities... but who am I kidding! MTB always holds a certain priority. Still waiting for the best deal to fall in my lap though. And as far as naming my revel? I think its....... Rod.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaney Boogz View Post
    Oh yeah. About an inch on both sides. They feel really wide but I like them a lot
    Definitely have to agree with you. I really like how my wider bars feel too compared to stock.

mtbr member

lol. I wonder how many people would actually figure it out. This makes me think I had better pay attention if I ever buy a used bike with a number. lol.
    I think the colors will give it away...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    MAN! I leave you guys for 2 weeks and all sorts of cray stuff happens (dude has a blow-up and leaves forever, wheels are getting smashed, ribs are getting cracked, RD's are failing everywhere and 2014's are showing up!). I gotta stay with the times. Thread is staying busy though, I like it. I haven't been out since last week but I'm doing Olympic National Forest on Sunday can't wait. contemplating the quick hydro brake swap before I go... but that would just steal $$ from what I'm already holding aside for my FS. I'm holding out because I got a salmon fishing trip in Alaska 8/1-8/4 and I just fronted the cash for my brother's bachelor party in Vegas so... priorities... but who am I kidding! MTB always holds a certain priority. Still waiting for the best deal to fall in my lap though. And as far as naming my revel? I think its....... Rod.
    "Olympic National Forest" - sounds like an awesome trail system!

I hear you on "upgrading" I'm itching to replace the wheels but I think I'm just going to hold off and see what Giant will release next month and just continue to save for the FS. I'm seeing some awesome bikes being released lately. The Kona Process has caught my eye. It is looking real good - Kona announces big changes in 2014 lineup | Dirt Rag Magazine Obviously, I will wait to try it out and see if I like the ride.

I'm still up in the air between 29 or 27.5. But definitely want a FS for the next bike.

Oh, it also sounds like you have some awesome events coming up. Can't beat a bachelor party in Vegas! The past 2 bachelors party I went too were held at Montreal though and that was a lot of fun! Definitely a trip to remember. Haha. The salmon fishing trip sounds awesome as well. Enjoy!!

eff
    mtbr member
    Oh, it also sounds like you have some awesome events coming up. Can't beat a bachelor party in Vegas! The past 2 bachelors party I went too were held at Montreal though and that was a lot of fun! Definitely a trip to remember. Haha. The salmon fishing trip sounds awesome as well. Enjoy!!
    Bachelor party in Montreal, now that sounds fun!!! Actually sounds like trouble, lol. I love Montreal and have always enjoyed my time there on many levels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    Bachelor party in Montreal, now that sounds fun!!! Actually sounds like trouble, lol. I love Montreal and have always enjoyed my time there on many levels.
    It certainly was! Everywhere I looked, the ladies were like Perfect 10's. Hahaha.

mtbr member
    Look at what someone posted over the 650b/27.5 forum - Giant 650b Trance Production Models? (Pics)

mtbr member
    Well I finally got my park cassette tool a week late. Now I can finally get the rear wheel on!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    me saddle came in today so I should get my bike back tomorrow to put it on. I also found a white Phenom previous style like the one this new model is replacing for $25 used but in mint condition that I will hang on to. my ribs are feeling a lot better just overnight they got a lot better so I may be riding again very soon I hope.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Revel Thread-img_8972.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice looking seats! I... must... resist... the urge to buy any new parts... lol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Nice looking seats! I... must... resist... the urge to buy any new parts... lol.
    maybe you can find a good deal like i did so you wont feel guilty. I got $140 seat for $25 I think the seller must have been in need of cash fast or something because that was just a crazy deal. the black one in the photos I paid $120 for tho.

Level 5 Rider!
    I think the colors will give it away...
    So your saying I need some paint too... that and a steady hand... lol.

I more meant that when I buy a used bike (which I will probably do for my next bike) I need to pay attention to what version it is as many people don't tell ya. Oh well this bike should last a fair bit for what I need it for right now.

Dying to get out and ride, but I need to watch my two kids. So will just have to hope I can get out for a bit tomorrow or at least some time this week.
    You earn 1000 exp!
    New Item - Broken pedals