Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 650 of 1095

Thread: Revel Thread

  1. #601
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Some pix from the ride today.

    Revel Thread-1d3_6463.jpg
    Revel Thread-1d3_6481.jpg
    Revel Thread-1d3_6523.jpg
    Revel Thread-1d3_6279.jpg
    Revel Thread-1d3_6346.jpg
    (My bro)
    Revel Thread-1d3_6215.jpg

  2. #602
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    just got back from a nice ride. took a few photos of the bike with the new seat post. also for tires I found my pair. using a Kenda Nevegal DTC in the front and a WTB Prowler SL (mounted in reverse) in the rear and that combo works amazingly.






  3. #603
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441

    Re: Revel Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post

    I'll measure it and get back to you.
    Sum'*****

    I took it totally apart, cleaned it, and put it back together... And didn't measure it :-\


    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  4. #604
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Sum'*****

    I took it totally apart, cleaned it, and put it back together... And didn't measure it :-\


    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Oops.. hehe. Next time. Reminds me.. I have to call the LBS since I haven't heard back from them yet about my order for the headset.

  5. #605
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Bike Update: Really happy with the upgrades. Still playing around with the fork pressure/rebound, but much much better than the stock one. The 1x10 drivetrain is performing flawlessly and it is enough gears for me. I do not find myself wanting more. The hydraulics are also performing. No noise, no squeaks.. it just performs. Bike as it sits right now weighs in at 27 lbs (was 32 before the upgrades).

    What's next? Waiting on headset from LBS.

    I do want to upgrade a few more parts: stem, seatpost, seat and wheels.. but not "itching" to upgrade those just yet.

  6. #606
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    As promised even though it has no Revel significance except I rode mine into the festival..

    Story goes the park opened at 9 and I needed to be gone by 11. Registration was a logjam for a bit and vendors were still getting their lattes (great NW) so startup killed a bit of my time. Once I got going and figured the lay of the land I was strictly business. I know the trails here so I focused on only riding similarly capable bikes across vendors and attempted to compare them by factory standards on the same trail. Each vendor was helpful enough to size me, install flat pedals, and pump each shock to my weight. Let this be a disclaimer to those reading: This was my experience, my size frame, my riding style, and in no way affects your investing interest in this great sport.

    I rode the following...

    Attachment 806683

    Niner Jet 9 Pro. RS Revelation 130mm fork, Fox float ctd, Avid trail XO brakes, SRAM XX1 1X11 drivetrain.
    I felt the was less fit for XC even though the 1x11 drive really blew my mins but felt best on landings. suspension pulled me into the ground and turns and was not a jumper. Tire resistance ( Schwalbe Nobby Nic) kept me on the dirt.

    Attachment 806684

    Yeti SB96 29. Fox F34 130mm Kashima fork, Fox F34 Float CTD Kashima rear, Shimano XT 2x10, Shimano Deore XT brakes. Fox suspension was outstanding, left Earth and brought me back on a cloud. The bike handled and maneuvered flawlessly and the brakes were nearly too tight. Excellent XC bike. Only problem I felt was the geometry designed a Large for me and I rode a Medium. If I had a large I would have rode home on it...

    Attachment 806685

    Trek Rumblefish Pro. Fox F32 DRCV Kashima fork, Fox Float CTD DRCV non-kashima rear, Deore XT 2x10 drive, Deore XT brakes, Bontrager everything else.. Bike fit me the best. Good roller, easy absorption over minor jumps/hips/bridges but not a jumper. Good XC bike for the price point and capable enough to hang with the big boys. Very satisfied with the factory components.

    Attachment 806686

    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT, Rockshox Revelation fork, Fox Float RP23 rear, Avid Elixir 5 brakes, Shimano SLX 3x10 drive, Easton Havoc wheels. Ride-over height was outstanding, balanced bike and felt the lightest over the same features. Maxxis tires had the least resistance so the ride was the quickest. 3x10 shift was surprisingly effortless and the brakes were very strong but not tight.

    **Reminder: My goal was to ride the same 'caliber' bike for my style and find subtle differences between factory components. These bikes are all demos so certain things (tires, shifters, etc.) could be swapped from the dealear floor but this is what I rode. Many thanks to the vendors and the helpful people at Evergreen MTB Alliance for promoting a fun and safe event.

    One more teaser... Freshly released Trek but I'll leave the stats up to you. It's a sexy bike, all chrome and the pic doesn't even show it.....

    Attachment 806688
    Good report!!! How do these bikes compare with the Trance/Anthem?

  7. #607
    eff
    eff is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    240

    Re: Revel Thread

    We had a wet ride here in RI yesterday.




    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  8. #608
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    390
    Honestly I haven't been on either yet. My dealer down the street carries both but havne't been on one. I got a gift certificate for Trek good for 90 days so I'll be testing one before then. Pretty sure I'll be going with a Rumblefish Elite.

  9. #609
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    Oops.. hehe. Next time. Reminds me.. I have to call the LBS since I haven't heard back from them yet about my order for the headset.
    I'm still getting slight grinding, so I may need to replace the bearings.

    I'll take it apart again and get the measurement if your LBS doesn't have news for you.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  10. #610
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    I'm still getting slight grinding, so I may need to replace the bearings.

    I'll take it apart again and get the measurement if your LBS doesn't have news for you.
    Called the LBS, they ordered a Giant sealed headset (suppose to be from Crane) for me.

  11. #611
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    Called the LBS, they ordered a Giant sealed headset (suppose to be from Crane) for me.
    What was the cost?
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  12. #612
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    What was the cost?
    $60.

  13. #613
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DPCardoza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16

    Re: Revel Thread

    Does anybody know whether or not a 203mm rotor will fit on the stock forks? I know 180mm will.

    Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

  14. #614
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by DPCardoza View Post
    Does anybody know whether or not a 203mm rotor will fit on the stock forks? I know 180mm will.

    Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
    I don't know if it will or not, but if it does, be careful.

    If you're a heavy rider, you will get very bad fork flex with a rotor that size. I was at 210lbs when I had the stock fork and it would flex a lot with the oem discs.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  15. #615
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DPCardoza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16

    Re: Revel Thread

    Planning on replacing the fork too. Not sure which one first though.

    Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

  16. #616
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by DPCardoza View Post
    Planning on replacing the fork too. Not sure which one first though.

    Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
    Figure out which fork you are going to go with first. That will most likely tell you the 'max' size rotor you can go with.

    For me, I upgraded the brakes first.. as I had a few "oh sh*t" moments when I wanted to stop. With braking power at hand, the ride was a lot more fun. I then did the fork and the fork transformed the bike further. Feels like a totally different bike now.

  17. #617
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by DPCardoza View Post
    Planning on replacing the fork too. Not sure which one first though.

    Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
    Are you aware of the SR Suntour upgrade program?

    If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  18. #618
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    Honestly I haven't been on either yet. My dealer down the street carries both but havne't been on one. I got a gift certificate for Trek good for 90 days so I'll be testing one before then. Pretty sure I'll be going with a Rumblefish Elite.
    I would definitely try them out. I tried out the Trance X 29 but not the Anthem yet.

  19. #619
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8

    Re: Revel Thread

    I pulled the trigger on some Mavic XC 717 UB (rim brake) for my revel 3. Im upgrading the rear to 8 speed freehub but need some ideas on rim brake free hubs (8speed). 10 speed capability would be nice too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

  20. #620
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnjeff View Post
    I pulled the trigger on some Mavic XC 717 UB (rim brake) for my revel 3. Im upgrading the rear to 8 speed freehub but need some ideas on rim brake free hubs (8speed). 10 speed capability would be nice too.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    No experience with this, sorry.

    My plan is to transfer all my stock parts to the wife's Revel 2 (which has v-brakes currently) once I find/change over my stock wheelset. This will give her 8spd and disc brakes.

  21. #621
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    I'm still getting slight grinding, so I may need to replace the bearings.

    I'll take it apart again and get the measurement if your LBS doesn't have news for you.
    Took the bike over to the LBS. I checked out the headset they ordered. Not much info on the box. It was labeled with Giant and FSA markings.. sealed bearing.. for 1 1/8. It was actually cheaper than what I had original thought. The headset was $29.99. I'll ask for paperwork when I pick up the bike. Sorry but not much help at this time.

  22. #622
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Was just looking at the pictures we took this past weekend and this series shows just how much the fork is working

    Revel Thread-fork.jpg

    Bottom left pic appears fork is using all of its 100mm of travel.

  23. #623
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441

    Re: Revel Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    Took the bike over to the LBS. I checked out the headset they ordered. Not much info on the box. It was labeled with Giant and FSA markings.. sealed bearing.. for 1 1/8. It was actually cheaper than what I had original thought. The headset was $29.99. I'll ask for paperwork when I pick up the bike. Sorry but not much help at this time.
    So it worked?

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  24. #624
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    So it worked?

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    LBS is installing the headset for me and according to them it'll fit the Revel. I was trying to get the ID spec but it wasn't listed on the box. Sorry.

  25. #625
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441

    Re: Revel Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    LBS is installing the headset for me and according to them it'll fit the Revel. I was trying to get the ID spec but it wasn't listed on the box. Sorry.
    Awesome. Maybe I'll call Giant directly, or get my LBS to call them. Do you have the party number?

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  26. #626
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Awesome. Maybe I'll call Giant directly, or get my LBS to call them. Do you have the party number?

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Best to probably hit up your LBS since I have a 26.. and you have a 29. Not sure if there is any difference in headtube ID size.

  27. #627
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    maybe someone can help me. haha. my rear brakes seem to be almost none existant. when you engage them they lock the wheel from moving if you stand the bike up and the wheel just drags when you move the bike to test them but when you are actually riding they hardly do much at all in fact I engaged the rear brake when going up a steep hill to test how much they are working and it didnt make the climb any more difficult. I took it to my lbs and they gave the bike back to me and said everything was fine but then I took it out and the same thing. the pads are in good shape do the rear brakes just suck that bad?

  28. #628
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    390
    Assuming you still have the stock Novelas the fact is they are not good brakes. That said, they should still stop the bike. My guess is you are experiencing cable stretch, which is when the cables on a new bike are used just enough to stretch out a bit. You will notice the same thing with your shifter cables though not as pronounced. This would explain why they still can close the caliper with no weight but will not create enough friction with a rider weight to stop the bike. you did the right thing by taking it in, they did the wrong thing by not tuning it back.its a simple matter of them tightening your cables.

  29. #629
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    the lbs said the reason was probably a little mud got in the cable and probably just needed a little lube so he said he put some on the cable but the same thing. when I bring it in for anything they seem like they are annoyed and I think they probably don't even touch the bike sometimes and give it back. I am supposed to get free tune ups and adjustments for life since I bought the bike there. guess I'll have to pay another shop to do it.

  30. #630
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Any wheel guru's in here? I'm looking at used wheelsets.. just wanted to see/hear opinions on which set is better of the 2..

    1) Hope Pro 2 hubs on Stans Notubes ZTR Flow - $400

    or

    2) Hope evo hubs on Mavic xm 819 - $350

    I think hope evo's are newer? Thoughts?

  31. #631
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    the lbs said the reason was probably a little mud got in the cable and probably just needed a little lube so he said he put some on the cable but the same thing. when I bring it in for anything they seem like they are annoyed and I think they probably don't even touch the bike sometimes and give it back. I am supposed to get free tune ups and adjustments for life since I bought the bike there. guess I'll have to pay another shop to do it.
    Sorry you are getting the "cold" shoulder from your LBS. I figured since you bought the bike there that they would treat you "right". That was one of the biggest factor when I bought the bike. How the LBS treated me before and after I bought the bike.

    Can or do you want to work on adjusting the brake yourself? There are plenty of youtube videos to check out and follow.

    Youtube was my source when I did the work/upgrade on my bike. The LBS was surprised of all the work I did when I brought back the bike the last time I brought the bike in.

    Funny thing is, I paid for the "lifetime" service but it only applies to the "stock" parts. I barely have anything stock now. LOL.

  32. #632
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SQUIRRELSHOOTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    194
    On to the subject of wheels. In looking at bicycle wheel warehouses daily special


    "This is definitely not a light weight XC race wheel set. No No, this is a full-on, big impact, dirt destroyer. The Sun-Ringle King Pin MTB rim is big, heavy, and strong. We’re building them up with some pretty tough, basic Shimano Alivio disc hubs, DT stainless spokes, brass nipples. The idea behind these wheels is simple, if you need some tough wheels to practice jumps, test new down-hill runs, or simply if you need a well built, basic disc wheel set, here you go.

    This deal of the day wheel set includes the front and rear wheel, and ships with Shimano MTB QR levers.

    Brief: MTB disc wheel set 26”
    Rims: Sun-Ringle King Pin, white, 32 hole
    Hubs Front: Shimano Alivio 6-bolt disc (247g)
    Hubs Rear: Shimano Alivio 6-bolt disc, (439g) Shimano (& Sram) 8/9 speed compatible
    Nipples: DT Swiss brass
    Wheel Weights (approx.): Front = 1148g, Rear = 1684g, Set = XNthg
    Tire Sizes: 26” x 2.1 – 26” x 3.0"

    I'm not sure if these will fit my 2011 revel 0 but I don't see why not. I've been looking at a heavy duty tough wheelset and this look like the one. These have to be more durable than the crappy formula ones on my current wheels. All they do it make noise. These seem like they may be extremely heavy but the wheels on the bike now feel really heavy but I have no idea how much they actually weigh.

  33. #633
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    I wouldn't mind doing it myself at all I just couldn't find a youtube videos on it. do you have any links? I would greatly appreciate any.

  34. #634
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441

    Re: Revel Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing it myself at all I just couldn't find a youtube videos on it. do you have any links? I would greatly appreciate any.
    Park Tools website is the best source of information on the net.

    When I'm on my PC, I'll link you.

    You'll never have to ask how tondo something again, after viewing that site.

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  35. #635
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing it myself at all I just couldn't find a youtube videos on it. do you have any links? I would greatly appreciate any.
    Try..


  36. #636
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    On to the subject of wheels. In looking at bicycle wheel warehouses daily special


    "This is definitely not a light weight XC race wheel set. No No, this is a full-on, big impact, dirt destroyer. The Sun-Ringle King Pin MTB rim is big, heavy, and strong. We’re building them up with some pretty tough, basic Shimano Alivio disc hubs, DT stainless spokes, brass nipples. The idea behind these wheels is simple, if you need some tough wheels to practice jumps, test new down-hill runs, or simply if you need a well built, basic disc wheel set, here you go.

    This deal of the day wheel set includes the front and rear wheel, and ships with Shimano MTB QR levers.

    Brief: MTB disc wheel set 26”
    Rims: Sun-Ringle King Pin, white, 32 hole
    Hubs Front: Shimano Alivio 6-bolt disc (247g)
    Hubs Rear: Shimano Alivio 6-bolt disc, (439g) Shimano (& Sram) 8/9 speed compatible
    Nipples: DT Swiss brass
    Wheel Weights (approx.): Front = 1148g, Rear = 1684g, Set = XNthg
    Tire Sizes: 26” x 2.1 – 26” x 3.0"

    I'm not sure if these will fit my 2011 revel 0 but I don't see why not. I've been looking at a heavy duty tough wheelset and this look like the one. These have to be more durable than the crappy formula ones on my current wheels. All they do it make noise. These seem like they may be extremely heavy but the wheels on the bike now feel really heavy but I have no idea how much they actually weigh.
    What's the price on those? As long as they are the standard 9mm QR, they should work.

  37. #637
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing it myself at all I just couldn't find a youtube videos on it. do you have any links? I would greatly appreciate any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Park Tools website is the best source of information on the net.

    When I'm on my PC, I'll link you.

    You'll never have to ask how tondo something again, after viewing that site.

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Here you go

    Park Tool Co. » ParkTool Blog
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  38. #638
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    Try..

    sweet! that was super easy and now the brakes are working as they should. thanks for the video!

  39. #639
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    very nice! thanks for the link it will come in useful for sure.

  40. #640
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    what kind of pads am I supposed to look for when the time comes to replace them? what size and whats a good brand too?

  41. #641
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    so, browsing around pinkbike for frames and came upon this. WOW.. for some reason, i really REALLY like the look of this frame/bike build..

    Revel Thread-p4pb9542320.jpg

    hmmm.. really want to build a FS next, but i might just give this a shot.

  42. #642
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    sweet! that was super easy and now the brakes are working as they should. thanks for the video!
    awesome.

  43. #643
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    sweet! that was super easy and now the brakes are working as they should. thanks for the video!
    You might want to find another LBS...if all it took was for a new guy to watch a YT video and fix something they said was working as intended...
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  44. #644
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    You might want to find another LBS...if all it took was for a new guy to watch a YT video and fix something they said was working as intended...
    I found one even closer to my house and the only reason I kept going back was because any adjustments needed and tune ups are free since I bought the bike there but if they don't do anything than the free tune ups are useless.

  45. #645
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMav View Post
    I found one even closer to my house and the only reason I kept going back was because any adjustments needed and tune ups are free since I bought the bike there but if they don't do anything than the free tune ups are useless.
    Did you pay for them or are they included in the our have of a bike?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2014 Scott Scale 740

  46. #646
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Did you pay for them or are they included in the our have of a bike?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    it's included if you buy a bike from them.

  47. #647
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Got the old headset back from the LBS today. I'll see if I can measure it tomorrow and report back.

  48. #648
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ericgautier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    364
    Does anyone use any "stanchion lube" on their fork?

  49. #649
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SQUIRRELSHOOTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    What's the price on those? As long as they are the standard 9mm QR, they should work.
    $70 shipped. The rear wheel is close to 5 lbs I think. That seems a little crazy for any wheel

  50. #650
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    390
    Most of my latest posts are not Revel-related but I have been wanting a pair of shades specially formatted for riding. Did the build your own Custom option at my local Oakley store and bought these. Half Jacket 2.0 XL with Violet Iridium lens. I bought the colored lens up front because they can be worn anytime and the clear replacement lenses are easy to find aftermarket for cheaper. I'm honestly not a big sunglasses person but I figure if your gunna do it then do it right. I'm actually really stoked for the clears to show I think they will improve my experience. Never rode with eye protection so I'm really looking forward to this equipment upgrade.


    Cheers.

    Revel Thread-o.jpg

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •