Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Revel Thread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaney Boogz View Post
    How would you compare the seat to the stocker?
    Its actually a stock seat.. just in black (I had a white seat before). I just like the black color combo more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    I just move mine down because it was too high. I noiced the improvement in handling.

Its very easy to do so it is worth experimenting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Did you move all 3 spacers or kept at least one?

eff
    mtbr member

Re: Revel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    You can't remove them, what you do is move them from below to above the stem. Move the one that lower the stem to the desired height.

mtbr member
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    You can't remove them, what you do is move them from below to above the stem. Move the one that lower the stem to the desired height.

That is what I meant. I've been playing around with it and I think I like where it is at right now. Thanks everyone!

mtbr member
    Does anyone know what size the Revel 1's rear axle is? 135 or 142?

I can't find the info anywhere.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Does anyone know what size the Revel 1's rear axle is? 135 or 142?

I can't find the info anywhere.
    try the live chat feature over at Jenson USA - Online mountain & road bike parts, clothing and accessories shop they seem to know all the spec (at least when i tried it)

mtbr member
    Need some help with my 2011 Revel 0. I just put on an n gear jump stop and recently before that I had the chain and cassette replaced. At the time the chain was put on it had all 3 rings and the front derailleur. I then took off the front derailleur and the small gear ring. I took the bike to the lbs yesterday to get a few links of the chain removed to help with some really bad chain slap....I was out riding today and went down a rocky area and the chain popped over the big ring and the rear derailleur ended up ramming into the cassette with the chain resting on the pedal/crank arm area. I don't really want to buy a $50 chain retention part but if there is nothing else that I can do to keep the chain from loosing tension and popping off over the big ring but if I have to I guess I will. Any suggestions?

mtbr member

I need help finding some new bearings and cones for my front hubs. They are shot. Here's a pic.

Does anyone know where I can get these?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    My lbs had new cones. They serviced my rear hub a month or so ago and it's already making noise again. Are these hubs crap or is the lbs doing it wrong?

mtbr member
    Anyone know what bb our bikes take? I don't know much about them and i see the giant site doesn't have any info on them. Can someone post some examples?

eff
    mtbr member

Standard sealed square drive. You can upgrade to outer bearings like the truvativ GXP.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    My lbs had new cones. They serviced my rear hub a month or so ago and it's already making noise again. Are these hubs crap or is the lbs doing it wrong?
    Is the inner race replaceable as well?

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Is the inner race replaceable as well?

When I had my hub apart it appeared that the inner race was built into the hub. I would have to replace the hub to replace it but I could be wrong. Did you ride yours for a while with it making noise to cause that damage?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    When I had my hub apart it appeared that the inner race was built into the hub. I would have to replace the hub to replace it but I could be wrong. Did you ride yours for a while with it making noise to cause that damage?

Oddly, it never made any noise at all.

I finally noticed it because I noticed that my rides would take more effort and that I'd be out of breath way earlier than normal.

Spun the front wheel and felt rumbling at the QR with my fingers while it spun.

Took it apart, and there you have it.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Yeah I had the out of breath problem too when my hub first started going out and I adjusted my disk brakes incorrectly. My friends were outrunning me coasting while I was peddling! I haven't had any issues with the front hub, just the rear and it makes noises before it slows down the rotations.

Your Best Friend
    You guys are all active MTBers and have far outclassed what this bike is capable of as it was (stock). You've all decided to do upgrades which is awesome but the wheels should have been the first thing to go. Now you know. The wheels aren't that great and aren't built for your abuse. Look to upgrade, not rebuild.

mtbr member
    Wheels seem like a kinda pricy upgrade. I'm saving for a trance x2 right now. All the fixing and upgrading on the Revel has set me back a bit.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    You guys are all active MTBers and have far outclassed what this bike is capable of as it was (stock). You've all decided to do upgrades which is awesome but the wheels should have been the first thing to go. Now you know. The wheels aren't that great and aren't built for your abuse. Look to upgrade, not rebuild.
    The owner of my LBS is going through his take off stock tomorrow morning. Says he thinks he has some DT Swiss rims that will be a nice upgrade that he'll sell to me for less than $100 so I'm likely going that route.

:EDIT:

Does anyone have an opinion on this wheelset?

BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano Deore Disc 29er Wheelset w/ WTB FX 28 Rims

Last edited by Krunk_Kracker; 04-08-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

Your Best Friend
    That wheelset will be better than what you have. You need more than just rims. As was mentioned, you really need the hubs as well. Many people are put off by the price of new wheels but they make a bigger difference than anything else you can put on your bike, to include a new fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    That wheelset will be better than what you have. You need more than just rims. As was mentioned, you really need the hubs as well. Many people are put off by the price of new wheels but they make a bigger difference than anything else you can put on your bike, to include a new fork.
    Well, I just got off the phone with my LBS and they are selling me a new set of Mavic 719's laced to Shimano XT hubs with Geax Saguaro tires for $248 out the door. Seems like a really good deal, especially from a brick and mortar store.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Well, I just got off the phone with my LBS and they are selling me a new set of Mavic 719's laced to Shimano XT hubs with Geax Saguaro tires for $248 out the door. Seems like a really good deal, especially from a brick and mortar store.
    sounds like a good deal.

mtbr member
    So, yesterday (5th ride of the season) I noticed a lot of "chatter/noise" coming from the front fork. The only thing I did since the last ride was mess around w/ the spacers and stem. I do not hear the "chatter/noise" when I lift up the front end a little and drop it. But it is definitely there when riding the trail. Did I over tighten the top bolt? Or is it time to take advantage of the Suntour program?

eff
    mtbr member

Sometimes the cables make a lot of clatter. Make sure its not them.

mtbr member

So, yesterday (5th ride of the season) I noticed a lot of "chatter/noise" coming from the front fork. The only thing I did since the last ride was mess around w/ the spacers and stem. I do not hear the "chatter/noise" when I lift up the front end a little and drop it. But it is definitely there when riding the trail. Did I over tighten the top bolt? Or is it time to take advantage of the Suntour program?
    Mine made a lot of noise before I replaced it, I finally decided it was the internals of the fork. Does it sound like what you'd imagine a spring smacking a metal tube might sound like?

2014 Scott Scale 740

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast