Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Revel Thread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantic View Post
    I see, both aesthetic and functional right? IMO it looks better, must pertain to type of riding done, and if id a had one 5 yrs. ago on my first MB I probably wouldn't have the scar on my calf where the chain popped off attempting to ride a wheelie uphill over roots.... Lessons learned- 1.Research and ask questions, 2. Tune ups are important and 3. Don't buy the medium size because it's on clearance (especially if your 6' 1")..
    The aesthetics is a by product of the functionality.

Keeps you from destroying your chainring, and the main reason I use it is to assist my chain guide in keeping the chain on the chain ring. Since I don't run a front derailuer anymore, it creates a sort of channel for the chain to stay in.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakeshott View Post
    It's definitely a fun ride, but there is some climbing involved. I start at the willow golf course off Redwood Rd. There's Climbing at the start of the trail all the way to the intersection of Brandon and Towhee trail, but I think the climb is manageable especially if you pace yourself. The downhill back to the parking lot is what makes the climb at the start worth it imo. That video I took was Brandon trail all the way up to the stone bridge and back again.

Another option is going down Towhee then take either Live oak or Honker's bay trail which will lead to the bridge connecting the lake. Then ride up Cameron, turn left onto Ten Hills trail and left onto Brandon to the parking lot. Fun loop, but you have to be careful of the Live oak trail as it's fairly steep with lots of small rocks/ruts all over.

Attachment 780627
    Thanks. Thats super helpful. I guess I won't be taking him out there just yet. I guess I'll be starting him off with some easy Golden Gate Park riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    man that's awesome, must invest. Thanks a bunch.

mtbr member
    early ride this morning before we got hit with rain/snow mix..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Got my Revel 3 a couple of weeks ago, been riding some, just in random places since I live out in the country, no trails close, will have to find some.
    Should I keep the Revel 3 and just upgrade everything on it eventually or just swap it out with a Revel 1 when I feel like I have surpassed the capabilities of the stock components?
    I kinda wanna keep it and make the whole thing unique and maybe plasti-dip the frame later to disguise it and make people ask?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Anyone know how much the 2013 revel 0 frame weighs?

mtbr member
    I love my Manitou fork. When I had the Suntour xcm on my bike, my arms and legs would sometimes get sore during the downhill sections because of all the jolting. Now, I can ride those same trails so much faster with minimal fatigue.

Revel Thread-img0212tx.jpg
    Last edited by Oakeshott; 03-19-2013 at 08:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am knew to mountain biking and looking forward to it. So I am kinda do some research and such. I am not sure how aggressive I will be so I was searching around and I came across Revel 2 2012. I was wondering if anyone has any experience on this bike or how reliable is Revel or Giant. From what I read on here it is a pretty good bike. Any suggestion, advice input is most appreciated. Thanks

mtbr member
    I love my Manitou fork.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0212tx.jpg 
Views:	2753 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	782411
    Which Manitou fork?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedhondos View Post
    I am knew to mountain biking and looking forward to it. So I am kinda do some research and such. I am not sure how aggressive I will be so I was searching around and I came across Revel 2 2012. I was wondering if anyone has any experience on this bike or how reliable is Revel or Giant. From what I read on here it is a pretty good bike. Any suggestion, advice input is most appreciated. Thanks
    Actually just picked up a 2012 Revel 2 for the wife. Haven't taken it out on the trails yet, but riding around the neighborhood.. the bike felt pretty good. IMO, the bike will survive our local trails here.

For me, I have a 2011 Revel 1 and so far it has held up fine after 3 trail rides (I'm a beginner too and picked up the bike end of last year). I plan to go a lot more this year so I'll see how the components survive. With regular maintenance I do not any issues really. Besides obviously going on here and reading "better" components to "upgrade" the bike with. For upgrades, all I really have done is tires and grip. Looking at maybe replacing the pedals. And really thinking hard about the Suntour fork upgrade.

Here's a short video of the trail we rode this past weekend - Allaire State Park, NJ - Orange Trail - YouTube
    Last edited by ericgautier; 03-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    It's a Manitou Match Comp 100mm. I got it from price point for $219. The Minute Expert looks really nice too, but it was out of my budget so I went with the Match instead. Rides over roots/rocks/ruts are much smoother now compared to the stock Suntour xcm. It makes me wonder what a full suspension bike would feel like on the bumpy segments of the trail. Maybe one day lol.

mtbr member
    I love my Manitou fork. When I had the Suntour xcm on my bike, my arms and legs would sometimes get sore during the downhill sections because of all the jolting. Now, I can ride those same trails so much faster with minimal fatigue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0212tx.jpg 
Views:	2753 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	782411
    At first I thought your fork was backwards becasue the fork brace is on the back of the fork, lol.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

Go Speed Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    At first I thought your fork was backwards becasue the fork brace is on the back of the fork, lol.
    Yeah, that does look a little odd... Seems to me if the fork was fully compressed the brace would smash into the frame ????

mtbr member
    The reverse arch looked strange to me as well when I first got it.

My original choice was actually a Rockshox Recon Silver, but after further research here on the forums, I learned that the Manitou has superior dampening over the recon. Some guys were comparing it to the Rockshox Reba. The low price to high performance ratio is what made me go with Manitou.

eff
    mtbr member

Re: Revel Thread

My original choice was actually a Rockshox Recon Silver, but after further research here on the forums, I learned that the Manitou has superior dampening over the recon. Some guys were comparing it to the Rockshox Reba. The low price to high performance ratio is what made me go with Manitou.
    I made the same choice in much the same manner. I am loving the Manitou Minute as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    How close does it get to the frame when it's fully compressed?
    2014 Scott Scale 740

eff
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    How close does it get to the frame when it's fully compressed?
    I haven't noticed any clearance issues at all with mine. Not sure how close it gets though.

mtbr member
    Anyone know what size n gear jump stop the 26er needs?

mtbr member
    My 2011 26er measured out to be 35.2 mm with a micrometer so I ordered a 34.9mm. Should be here within the next couple of days along with my second Schwalbe Rocket Ron!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRRELSHOOTR View Post
    My 2011 26er measured out to be 35.2 mm with a micrometer so I ordered a 34.9mm. Should be here within the next couple of days along with my second Schwalbe Rocket Ron!
    Awesome, thanks for the info and fast reply!

eff
    mtbr member

Yup, its the 34.9.

mtbr member
    A shot from our last trail ride

Added:
    - Black Giant MTB Seat
    - Race Face Sniper Lock On Grips

mtbr member
    Anyone tried to mess around with their stem and/or spacers? Just wondering if you felt any difference?

eff
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    Anyone tried to mess around with their stem and/or spacers? Just wondering if you felt any difference?
    I just move mine down because it was too high. I noiced the improvement in handling.

Its very easy to do so it is worth experimenting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post

Added:
    - Black Giant MTB Seat
    How would you compare the seat to the stocker?

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast