mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Replacement Bearing Sets (Partial) for NRS

I have a shot of the bearings/bushings that I am going to build as replacement sets later this month. I don't have any more of the main pivot bearings yet, and only one of the flange bushings left (for some reason the vendor sent me 5). I left my worn aluminum spacer sleeve in the pic so people can see what a slightly worn one looks like. The other one is in the hands of a local automatic screw machine shop for their quote process.

I am going to have all 6 bearings, the 2 teflon coated aluminum spacers (very hard to get, getting them made) and 4 flange bushings (also hard to find) in a complete set. I plan on making a minmun of 400 sets for the first run later this month.

Looking to see how many people are interested as I will be putting an ad into MTBR classifieds when I am ready to ship. Price is going to be WAY below GIANT retail. Tired of their slow parts an warranty "service". I am hoping for a $30 to $40 price point SHIPPED in the USA. I have sources for ALL parts but the aluminum spacers, and I'm currently getting a manufacturing quote. All replacement parts will be equal or better than GIANT originals.

Also see the general discussion board. I left a primer on bearing removal and replacement there, but each set will have instructions as well.
    Last edited by John; 05-14-2011 at 07:25 AM.