Thread: ReignX sizing

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005

ReignX sizing

Hey guys.

Been looking at the ReignX for a while to replace my current trail bike.
    I have a sizing question.

Anyone about 6'3" riding a medium by any chance?
    I usually like a smaller frame, and wondering if tall guys are able to rock the medium Reign.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    Hey guys.

Been looking at the ReignX for a while to replace my current trail bike.
    I have a sizing question.

Anyone about 6'3" riding a medium by any chance?
    I usually like a smaller frame, and wondering if tall guys are able to rock the medium Reign.
    Blender, you might want to have a scan over this thread which I started a few weeks ago:
    6'2" on a Reign X1 Medium?

I was in a situation where I ended up with a medium frame, at 6' 2.5". In the end I decided to go for the large and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. The cockpit length and standover height felt much better than on the medium, and it feels great on the trails and really stable on downhills.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    good lookin' out buddy!
    thanks a bunch

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Ditto kakrafoon's comment.
    I'm 6ft 4in and couldn't imagine a smaller frame than the Large with the Reign X. It's fairly comfortable with an 80/90mm stem for most trail riding. 50mm stem puts things a little on the tight side, cramping the cockpit for everyday use.

Maybe if you're just going to use it as a jumper or a slopestyle-type bike you could get away with a medium, but any other use and you may be a bit disappointed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It depends on how long your torso is. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso, like myself, you may prefer a medium. I love my medium. I'm definitely in the minority, though. I can climb fine with it, it does well on trail rides, and it is easy to throw around. My 2 cents.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24
    It depends on how long your torso is. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso, like myself, you may prefer a medium. I love my medium. I'm definitely in the minority, though. I can climb fine with it, it does well on trail rides, and it is easy to throw around. My 2 cents.
    how tall are you?
    I'm pretty evenly proportioned, not too long or too short in the legs or torso.. I guess my arms might be kinda longish, nothing freaky though.

The reason I'm considering a Medium, and I guess I should have mentioned this in the original post, is because I'm more of a DH/DJ oriented rider.. I'll climb to the top of the hill only 'cause I have to earn the downs. So I guess I'm just wondering if tall guys like myself can tolerate climbing on a medium frame without significant discomfort. I'll be running a 70mm stem. Not worried about the stability or the wheelbase, as even the medium is going to be longer than my current trail bike.

mtbr member
    I am 6'2" and just bought a medium. I am about the same as you, I ride dh/fr and will climb when I have too. I am not uncomfortable at all climbing with it, works great. Get whatever you like, I am partial to smaller fitting bikes that help it be more flickable and make me feel like I am riding the bike instead of guiding it.
    sewelldirect.com

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c6corvettezo6
    I am 6'2" and just bought a medium. I am about the same as you, I ride dh/fr and will climb when I have too. I am not uncomfortable at all climbing with it, works great. Get whatever you like, I am partial to smaller fitting bikes that help it be more flickable and make me feel like I am riding the bike instead of guiding it.
    appreciate your input man.. thank you

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    how tall are you?
    I'm pretty evenly proportioned, not too long or too short in the legs or torso.. I guess my arms might be kinda longish, nothing freaky though.

The reason I'm considering a Medium, and I guess I should have mentioned this in the original post, is because I'm more of a DH/DJ oriented rider.. I'll climb to the top of the hill only 'cause I have to earn the downs. So I guess I'm just wondering if tall guys like myself can tolerate climbing on a medium frame without significant discomfort. I'll be running a 70mm stem. Not worried about the stability or the wheelbase, as even the medium is going to be longer than my current trail bike.
    Sorry, I forgot to put my height in there! I'm 6' 2 1/2" with slightly longer legs than torso, although I do have long arms. Like the last guy said, it climbs very well for an aggressive all-mountain bike, despite the weight and shortish toptube. I rode bmx for a stretch, and I prefer the shorter bike.