Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ReignX sizing

  1. #1
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210

    ReignX sizing

    Hey guys.

    Been looking at the ReignX for a while to replace my current trail bike.
    I have a sizing question.

    Anyone about 6'3" riding a medium by any chance?
    I usually like a smaller frame, and wondering if tall guys are able to rock the medium Reign.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    Hey guys.

    Been looking at the ReignX for a while to replace my current trail bike.
    I have a sizing question.

    Anyone about 6'3" riding a medium by any chance?
    I usually like a smaller frame, and wondering if tall guys are able to rock the medium Reign.
    Blender, you might want to have a scan over this thread which I started a few weeks ago:
    6'2" on a Reign X1 Medium?

    I was in a situation where I ended up with a medium frame, at 6' 2.5". In the end I decided to go for the large and to be honest, I'm really glad I did. The cockpit length and standover height felt much better than on the medium, and it feels great on the trails and really stable on downhills.

  3. #3
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    good lookin' out buddy!
    thanks a bunch

  4. #4
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,264
    Ditto kakrafoon's comment.
    I'm 6ft 4in and couldn't imagine a smaller frame than the Large with the Reign X. It's fairly comfortable with an 80/90mm stem for most trail riding. 50mm stem puts things a little on the tight side, cramping the cockpit for everyday use.

    Maybe if you're just going to use it as a jumper or a slopestyle-type bike you could get away with a medium, but any other use and you may be a bit disappointed.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,556
    It depends on how long your torso is. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso, like myself, you may prefer a medium. I love my medium. I'm definitely in the minority, though. I can climb fine with it, it does well on trail rides, and it is easy to throw around. My 2 cents.

  6. #6
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24
    It depends on how long your torso is. If you have longer legs and a shorter torso, like myself, you may prefer a medium. I love my medium. I'm definitely in the minority, though. I can climb fine with it, it does well on trail rides, and it is easy to throw around. My 2 cents.
    how tall are you?
    I'm pretty evenly proportioned, not too long or too short in the legs or torso.. I guess my arms might be kinda longish, nothing freaky though.

    The reason I'm considering a Medium, and I guess I should have mentioned this in the original post, is because I'm more of a DH/DJ oriented rider.. I'll climb to the top of the hill only 'cause I have to earn the downs. So I guess I'm just wondering if tall guys like myself can tolerate climbing on a medium frame without significant discomfort. I'll be running a 70mm stem. Not worried about the stability or the wheelbase, as even the medium is going to be longer than my current trail bike.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: c6corvettezo6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    46
    I am 6'2" and just bought a medium. I am about the same as you, I ride dh/fr and will climb when I have too. I am not uncomfortable at all climbing with it, works great. Get whatever you like, I am partial to smaller fitting bikes that help it be more flickable and make me feel like I am riding the bike instead of guiding it.
    sewelldirect.com

  8. #8
    = dirt torpedo =
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by c6corvettezo6
    I am 6'2" and just bought a medium. I am about the same as you, I ride dh/fr and will climb when I have too. I am not uncomfortable at all climbing with it, works great. Get whatever you like, I am partial to smaller fitting bikes that help it be more flickable and make me feel like I am riding the bike instead of guiding it.
    appreciate your input man.. thank you

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    how tall are you?
    I'm pretty evenly proportioned, not too long or too short in the legs or torso.. I guess my arms might be kinda longish, nothing freaky though.

    The reason I'm considering a Medium, and I guess I should have mentioned this in the original post, is because I'm more of a DH/DJ oriented rider.. I'll climb to the top of the hill only 'cause I have to earn the downs. So I guess I'm just wondering if tall guys like myself can tolerate climbing on a medium frame without significant discomfort. I'll be running a 70mm stem. Not worried about the stability or the wheelbase, as even the medium is going to be longer than my current trail bike.
    Sorry, I forgot to put my height in there! I'm 6' 2 1/2" with slightly longer legs than torso, although I do have long arms. Like the last guy said, it climbs very well for an aggressive all-mountain bike, despite the weight and shortish toptube. I rode bmx for a stretch, and I prefer the shorter bike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •