mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Reign X1 color scheme help!

I have a Reign X1 steel blue color and im about to order an industry 9 wheelset for it. Should I keep the blue goin by getting blue hubs and alternating blue/black spokes or should I go gold hub with alternating gold/black spokes? OR do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

mtbr member
    My advice is focus less on the colour scheme and more on the fun riding factor. Every time I see some one's bike (even though it looks the bomb) that is all blinged out I just sigh....
    But, each is to their own I say.

Maybe just get SOME strategic parts that match the bikes colour such as hubs and grips perhaps even a seat, but leave it at that. SOme chaps go the whole nine yards and just slap on ano-everything...EVERYWHERE.

Have fun with your excellent new bike, ride it hard and forget about how blingy it looks, just concentrate on the gap in front of you as you go ballistic, thrashing down the trail.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I'm tryin to get urban camo on mine, but for some reason, mine doesn't look blue really, more of a grey color. Might just be me, I dunno, but it's gonna look cool no matter what you choose. White might be another option, then you can do the white bars and cranks and stuff. I've seen a few like that, look pretty good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    yeah maybe blue hub, blue/white spokes and white syncros hoop or something like that. Those sun MTX's with the camo pattern are sweet but idk how it would look. If only red hub, red spoke and MTX camo rim would match the bike Idk, its a nor*cal thing to have a bling'd out bike ya no?!