mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Reign x1 2007 or 2008?

Hi,
    I have the opportunity to buy a used reign x1 2007 with some minor upgrade for 1900$ or a new 2008 for 2370 taxes included. They are both small size and being 5'7", it seem like the right fit. I couldn't try the medium because there is not one around. The concern about the 2007 is that I would not see it before I buy (if I do). The current owner is living 1500 km away from me and I would have to trust his words. I spoke to the bikeshop owner who packed the bike for shipping and according to him, the bike is in mint condition.

Please guys, help me decide.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    unless the bike shop owner is willing to warranty the used 07 IMO it's still risky for a very small price drop. Maybe if the owner will take $1700...

I think the '08 has different brakes and tires, but otherwise the same bike right? If you prefer one spec over the other, could help the decision. I'm very happy with the Juicy 5 brakes that came on my '07 X1 but I hear the new Hayes are nice too.

Engineer The Future Now!
    What are the "minor" upgrades to the used 07? Unless they are $$$ I'd go w/ the new 08. Not enough of a price difference there for me to go used over new.
    holy...