mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Reign X sizing help!

I've been looking for a more do all bike, and I stumbled across a few good deals on Giant Reign X frames.
    One's a small, and one's a medium.
    I'm about 5'7 - 5'8, and I was just wondering which one you guys would recommend?
    Ideally I'd ride both, but it's not an option.
    I'd be running a 50mm stem, if that helps at all!
    Thanks for any advice

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    well I'm 5'11-6' depending on morning or night, lol.

i chose the M reign because I'm used to smaller, nimble XC bikes and my LBS suggested that the Large reign wouldn't give me the same flickable-ness that I'm used to on my XC bikes.

as for the fit, there's a couple of things i want to play with to make it a little more comfortable (I'm larger than Giants recommendation of what should fit on a M frame) but I'll say that it is NOT too small for me, and I'm happy with my decision.

for you, i dunno, because i'm guessing you're right on the line like i was, but between s and m. LBS preference = smaller frame, more flickable for the given rider.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm 5'10" and the med fits like a glove for hard trail and park riding. My friends your size use the Small.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5,8 and use a Med with 50mm stem, but I have a long torso and like longish top tubes to match.

Like was said, Small most likely your best fit, but if you can it would be worth also trying a Med with a 50mm stem, if the shop will swap the stem for a test ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm 5'7" and riding small sized frame.

Flaccid Member
    I'm 6' 5" with a 36" inseam and weigh 215 #'s What size frame should I look at?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    6'3"210lbs medium with 45mm stem holzfeller bars it is what i would call spot on,but 70% of my riding is pointing down.

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    6'3"210lbs medium with 45mm stem holzfeller bars it is what i would call spot on,but 70% of my riding is pointing down.

What would you run for frame size if 80% of your time was climbing up single track or fireroad , 2 to 3500 feet vertical and 20% of your time was spent going down on some techy single track and connectors to such?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    What would you run for frame size if 80% of your time was climbing up single track or fireroad , 2 to 3500 feet vertical and 20% of your time was spent going down on some techy single track and connectors to such?
    For climbing you need a frame with a long enough seat tube to give you full leg extension (with the seatpost at max height), so try the largest Reign X frame and see how it feels. You can always swap stems if you need a little less reach to the bars.

Flaccid Member
    Will a 400 mm seat post give you that much room? What size is the seat post on a Reign?