mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Reign X Shock Reducer Dilemma

Hey everyone,

I'm running an X1, and just recently bought a new rear shock to swap the DHX 3.0. However, I'm having one hell of a time trying to remove the reducer from the bottom eyelet of the DHX. I was under the impression that all reducers came in 2 pieces (each eyelet), but this reducer seems to be one solid piece of evil. I tried the whole vice grip trick but it just wouldn't budge. Anyone have any success in getting this reducer out? Please help! Thanks

Trying a little
    try harder.
    use a bigger hammer.
    force it.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer
    try harder.
    use a bigger hammer.
    force it.

yeah im at that point.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    i had the same problem with my reign 3. i used the socket and c-clamp. get 2 socket wrenches, one the same size as the reducer and another a little bigger than the reducer. put the bigger socket on one side and line up the same size socket on the other and use the c-clamp to push it out. should be pretty easy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoman671
    i had the same problem with my reign 3. i used the socket and c-clamp. get 2 socket wrenches, one the same size as the reducer and another a little bigger than the reducer. put the bigger socket on one side and line up the same size socket on the other and use the c-clamp to push it out. should be pretty easy.
    well i haven't tried that yet..sounds better than throwing it against a wall anyway! thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Two appropriately sized sockets will work along with your vice, or sturdy c-clamp.

Best wishes,
    Terry

mtbr member
    I use a rubber mallet and I set the edge of the shock on a wooden table and hit it hard