mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Reign X loose shock help

My Reign X has the coil Roco on it, the one that come on the X1s. The rear has a bit of play in it when you pick up the rear. So obviously I thought it was the DU bushings.

I replaced the DU bushings, the shock mount bolts, the reducer and spacers. Also it just got a brand new rocker for a different reason.

After all that its still loose. I have checked all the other pivots to make sure its not something else, but I keep coming back to the shock. When you get close to the shock you can feel and hear that it has some play in the eyelets.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Opps, I meant to say X2.

mtbr member
    If all your pivots are torqued to the accurate settgins, your bushings are all new and replaced as you state and it has a new rear triangle (for some other reason...?) and you still have play...perhaps check the shock eyelet for warping. It is also wise to re-check all of the torque values on all linkages and bolts associated with the shock to be sure. If you still have play and you can not find the sollution, perhaps take it to your LBS to have them take a quick squiz so that they may tell you where and what the situation could be.

Also, check all your bearings and the linkages due to the fact that if you are a rough rider and are not smooth per say, then you may need some new bearings too. Myself I am not too sure yet as I do not know the manner in which you seem to be having the problem, so its all speculation here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, Ill take it in to them.

I mean its still giving symptoms of worn DU bushings, like when you pickup the bike or when the shock returns to full length it has that feeling/noise.