Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Reign v S-works enduro

How do the two bikes compare? I'm after more fun on downhill and rocky tracks no jumping too much 2' max. I also love fast swooping singletrack.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'd vote Reign and so has most of the major magazines. The bike is just way more efficent.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

MBAA!
    If I tried to be unbiased... the S-Works. It may be a better bike, but it has its problems. Both bikes are either new or revised suspension design, but as it appears so far, the Reign is having less problems. If it were me making a totally unbiased decision, I would honestly go with the Reign. The Enduro looks better maybe (not in my opinion... but some people think that a more complex looking suspension is better), but performs not as well as the Reign.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    I've heard that Enduro is more "downhill oriented" and causes problems when you point it up the hill... As an owner of a Reign I'd go with Reign You can probably get better specs with Giant for the price of Specialized.
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

reign

i can't vouch for the enduro i have only rode a specialized fsr xc . I upgraded to the reign last jan. and it takes everything i throw at it . i ride pretty aggresive xc up and down hills in the midwest,horse trails with rock and roots and xc trails this bike is just simply put , all you need . this bike is not designed for any one paticular thing it just does everything fairly well . my buddy lives in cedar city utah and saw a guy flyin down c trail(downhill ) on one and talked to him . he said it does fine for everything also . he said the guy was pretty hard core .

but anyway i love the bike will be my last purchase of a mountian bike . i will upgrade as things break and that is all . it is stout and rides like a dream

mtbr member
    Reign, is more eficient on climbs. The 2006 model is lighter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Psycho
    Reign, is more eficient on climbs. The 2006 model is lighter.
    Do you know what the 2006 Reign weighs? And what did they do to make it lighter?

spinner
    I had the opportunity today to compare my 06 Reign 1(australian 06) with a 05 Enduro Expert , back to back.

The Enduro is slightly heavier than the Reign , but pedals just as well , a lot better than the older style Enduros thats for sure. The longer wheelbase on the Spec. made it more stable on fast rough descents but a little less nimble in tight singletrack.

I think if you're style of riding is aggressive trail / light downhill , the Enduro would be a good choice. It felt more solid than the Reign when punished , but that may have been the Crossmax wheels on the Reign flexing (they do.... quite a bit)

The Reign wins for value though. Great for aggressive xc / general trail riding IMO.

You may be thinking whats the difference between aggressive XC and aggressive trail? Well , my definition is :
    Aggressive XC , there's a steep rock garden , you creep down carefully.
    Aggressive trail , there's a steep rock garden , you hit it !

mtbr member
    o ****! by your definition I have a wrong bike !! I've got to change it next season...

Passion beyond reason!

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

ordered

Just ordered the 06 enduro with the DHX shock 4 weeks to go.

Members who have read this thread: 0