mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Reign shock mount reducers

WHat are the dimensions of the upper shock eyelet reducers? What's the bolt hole diameter?

If i get a 2009 reign, i may put a Lyrik on there and have an eccentric reducer machined at the local metal shop; this will drop the BB a bit to compensate for the taller fork.

From what I've read on this forum, the lower eyelet has some sort of direct mount with no aluminum reducers, correct? i.e. my trick of getting the bolt hole drilled off-center on the reducer would only work for the upper eyelet reducers.

thx.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Not sure the size, there is a bit of adjustment there. Not sure of the need. Many have put 160mm on the regular Reign with spectacular results. Front end doesn't flop and BB is not too high. Lower is a solid bolt on, no DU / reducer setup. Not sure, but I think either the Fox or RS you can cut or add a spacer to drop it to 150mm and that would be perfect.

Rob

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thanks for the confirmation. 'plan B' is to reduce the travel to 150 mm in the fork, but i'd rather shorten the effective eye-to-eye on the shock since it slackens rather than steepens the HA.

at least the 2009 reign has a 68 deg HA stock, which puts me in the 67 ballpark with a longer fork.

I have an extra dhx air 5.0 7.785X2 shock in the garage, which i believe fits the Reign, so i'm thinking i'd buy the reign 2 and sell off the parts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    p.s. the lyrik 10mm travel reducer is part # 114310467000.

tardcore
    30mm x 6mm for the rear shock top eyelet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thanks. I've reluctantly concluded not to go down the eccentric reducer path, sicne that uppper eyelet/linkage pivot goes through a lot of rotation. the eccentric reducer works best on the end of the shock that gets little rotation.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    30mm x 6mm for the rear shock top eyelet.
    nope.. the 09 Reign uses 22 x 6

tardcore
    whoops