Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007

Reign rear end more progressive

I have a 2011 Reign with a Float RP2 with Boost Valve and a large air can. The pressure I normally run is perfect for most trail obstacles, but when I hit the occasional big drop it bottoms pretty badly.

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with swapping out to a smaller air can or just added some oil to the chamber to reduce the air volume and make the spring rate a little more progressive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dthomp325 View Post
    I have a 2011 Reign with a Float RP2 with Boost Valve and a large air can. The pressure I normally run is perfect for most trail obstacles, but when I hit the occasional big drop it bottoms pretty badly.

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with swapping out to a smaller air can or just added some oil to the chamber to reduce the air volume and make the spring rate a little more progressive.
    I had the same issue running a float RP23 XV with the 2nd aircan on my Reign X , found a thread on here about fitting a thin shim into the extern air can, I used a CD case cut to fit into the external can and it no longer blows through all its travel on minor trail whoops , its also allowed me to drop about 20Psi of the shock pressure and still get 25% sag .

the shim is basically cut from thin flexible plastic of about 1 mm or so thick around 135mmx23mm square (ideally to fit into the air can without overlap)
    ps this is the thread DW 5 Spot RP23 mod