Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Reign photos (merged thread)

378K views 1K replies 332 participants last post by  kiwi_matt 
#1 ·
I have been riding my R2 for a couple of weeks now and am loving it.I ride at a place called Lysterfield Lake in Melbourne Australia. Its the site for the 2006 Commonwealth games and they have just spent big bucks building heaps of new trails.
The R2 suits the tracks beautifully allowing me to clear trails that I couldnt clear on my VT3. Unfortunately I havent been able to take any action shots but would be interested in checking out any body elses.Also any shots of Reign bikes, modifications etc.
Lets try to keep this thread for Reign owners only. let us know your Reign experiences and show us lots of cool photos.

I will try to get some action shots of myself this weekend !

Here is my baby, not an action shot but something to start with.

Attachments

See less See more
#51 ·
Hey guys! What's going on?

Don't you have cameras in US, Australia or wherever you are from?? I've got some new pictures, but maybe I should create separate topic? :)

Btw. I've just finished a movie, It's about 8 minutes long and about 50 Mb. I am going to post it somewhere this week, so anyone interested will be more than welcome to download and rate it! Does anybody know any good codec low volume/high quality to compress a movie??

Renifer Have you got your bike in yet??

#52 ·
I don´t have got the bike yet but maybe soon. Go on with your movie and pictures, i´ll be the fisrt one to donwload it, maybe you could post it or download it in Emule? Meanwhile could you post it some new pictures?

Ps: tell me about the movie :)
i´m sorry but i can´t help you, i don´t know some good codecs to compress movies.
POST SOME NEW PICTURES i love to see the Reign in it´s natural atmosphere and help to decide me to buy it.

thank´s so much

#56 ·
great video

goRz, top video. Looks like you guys have some great terrain to play with. Theres not much of that around here ( melbourne Australia ). There is a Beechworth mountain bike park, which looks to have similar stuff, but its a 5 hour drive to get there. By the way, if any body from Melbourne knows of any cool riding spots, let me know. I ride mostly at Lysterfield, but theres not too many jumps and drops to play on.
goRz keep up the top photos and videos, show us more. Also , didnt have a clue what you guys were saying in polish, but you seem to be having fun.

sicwombat

#57 ·
It's nice to hear you like it! However, I don't mind some rational criticism so that I can improve while making the nest movie.
the terrain round here is not as great as it may seem (it's quite flat-nearest mountains about 250 km away), but we're making the most of it.
I've completely forgotten about those spoken scenes, but in general they are parodies of that kind of scenes from Drop In TV and The Collective, what's so fascinating about bikes, what;s scarry - just making fun of it:)

#60 ·
#63 ·
Nice vid there Gorz ! Looks like fun ! I needed some subtitles in the speaking bits though :D

sicwombat , I live about a half hour from Beechworth and ride there almost every weekend. If you're ever up this way , give me a yell and I'll be happy to show you around. Theres a lot of other trails in the area apart from the MTB park , some good ones here in Albury too.

#65 ·
I think it's just about waht it can handle, but I HOPE it can handle more :) Air shock is not a good idea for such jumps.. all in all I cannot complain, I did not manage to fully reach transition with the rear wheel on the biggest of those doubles (12 feet) , bottomed out the rear susp, but the frame handled it ok.

btw. I've got 2 photos taken on my last trip to the mountains in this season (guess why last:)

Attachments

#67 ·
yeah!

at last someone posted something! Nice air seems to be fun and not that small at all, at least as far as I am concerned. Well build jump and tranny, it looks like a part of a well maintained trail. i wish we had sth like this here.

btw. If I were you I'd wear some pads, ff helmet, etc, ! but I am chicken-hearted...

#68 ·
goRz said:
at last someone posted something! Nice air seems to be fun and not that small at all, at least as far as I am concerned. Well build jump and tranny, it looks like a part of a well maintained trail. i wish we had sth like this here.

btw. If I were you I'd wear some pads, ff helmet, etc, ! but I am chicken-hearted...
Me to i would wear protection going that big ...i broke my back this summer ..**** happens.

#70 ·
goRz said:

The jump is in Auckland New Zealand, Woodhill forest (a heap of pics here http://forums.freeriden.co.nz/index.php ). I have hit the jump hundereds of times so i guess a little too confident with no pads, i usually do wear shin and knee pads.

The bike has a swinger on the rear and i havent bottomed it out (yet), i am used to much more travel on a bike but this feels great, nice and responsive and enough travel for what i am getting up to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.