mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Question about Trance X ride quality.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a Trance XO and I have a few questions for those who are riding one. I own and have ridden just about every bike there is out there, My question is does the Giant Trance XO compete with Ellsworth, Turner, Intense, Titus and Yeti in quality and performance? I read the review in MBA and they had nothing bad to say at all about the bike. But I just wanted to know your opinions are on Climbing and descending and can the Giant hold a candle to the other bikes mentioned above.

Quack Attack
    I have an XO. It will compete very nicely with the brands you mentioned and it will cost you a LOT less. Giant has one of the best bang for your buck specs out there. It climbs nearly as well as my Anthem and handles everything I throw at it downhill with ease, even 3-4' drops. It's simply an awesome ride and you would not regret the purchase. Take the extra $$ you'd save if you were looking to buy an Ellsworth, et. al. and put it into additional upgrades or accessories.
    2011 Ibis Mojo SL-R & 2008 Giant Trance X0

I live to bike
    The Trance X will easily perform better than the other bikes you mentioned. The Maestro suspension is better than any of the other systems.
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!

Johny Sokko!
    You will not regret the purchase, as a matter of fact, I don't think anyone here on this forum *****es or moans anything about these bikes. We all know people love to ***** on forums!

I have a Reign, Trance and a Trance X! (Reign X1 in March, I know! I'm sick!). The new design is built lighter in the frame and can be built to 25lbs if you want. But don't make it a sissy trail bike! Just buy it and ride it!

Members who have read this thread: 0